CAS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CAS Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAS.

Interview

Asked about my experience with computer programming and organic chemistry. Asked about former jobs and availability, as well as time-management skills. Interviewers were very nice and the interview was not very long at all. Great communication from HR department, as I had the interview the same week I applied, and received instant feedback on how the interview went.

Account Manager (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CAS (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The first interview was by phone, conducted by the hiring manager, about 4 months after I applied online. The second interview was several days later, also by phone, and conducted by another Sales Rep. The third interview was several weeks later, in-house, conducted by an HR Rep, a different Sales Rep, and the hiring manager. I was also asked to bring a Sales Presentation to present to the group.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing you don't like about your current position.   Answer Question

Student Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CAS (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Applied online, Called to follow up about application and was brought in for an interview, Interviewed with the head of the department and had to complete some work samples. The interview was not difficult at all, she asked very few questions and really just looked over my resume and met me in person. I received a call and email that I had received the job.

Interview Questions

• About my experiences, courses and resume. Asked about extracurricular questions   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAS (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screening interview with the internal recruiter. I then meet with the hiring manager. The interview was very comfortable and relaxed. We chatted over coffee. The final interview was a group interview with co-workers. I appreciated the opportunity to meet peers and know had input on hiring me.

Interview Questions

• The interview with the internal recruiter was focused on my skills and background to make sure I meet the requirements. The hiring manager had a casual conversation with me. It was to get to know me and to determine if we "clicked". The group interview were mostly behavioral based questions especially related to dealing with or driving change.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAS (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Talked with a business manager and an engineering manager for about an hour. It was very open-ended. They asked me questions about what my interests within computer science were and what I thought I would gain from an internship with them. They left plenty of time for me to ask them questions, which was helpful, but when asking about what type of work I might do if I got the internship their answers were very vague. There weren't very many typical interview questions (i.e. greatest strength/weakness).

Interview Questions

• What was a hard challenge you faced (whether coding, working on a team, etc) and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Human Resource Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CAS (Columbus, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

A recruiter approached me via LinkedIn. She does the first interview for this position, before this person moves on to the Generalist to interview. I did that interview on Monday. Yesterday, I interviewed with the Generalist; it took about an hour. It was laid back, but professional. I felt at ease and I felt comfortable expressing concerns and what I have done thus far with my experience. She said she had two more interviews set for tomorrow. But later on in the day yesterday, I heard from the recruiter that they wanted to move forward now.

Interview Questions

• 1) What pace do you prefer in a work environment?
      Are you okay with starting out as a temp but moving into a full time position?
      How do you think your experience will help you in this position?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAS (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a phone interview 2 weeks after applying online. They contacted me via email, and I had a phone interview with three professionals from different departments, but all held positions that were related to the position I applied for. They gave me some information regarding the position I applied for, then proceeded to ask questions for about 15 minutes. The interviewers were very professional, but did not sound friendly. I haven't heard back from them since the interview, and assume I didn't get through to the in-person interview. It would have been nice if they would have at least sent me an email telling me that they were no longer interested in my candidacy.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CAS (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed on site with two managers 1:1
    1. What kind of experience do you have with chemical research topics?
    2. What would other people say is your biggest strength?...weakness?

Interview Questions

• 1. What kind of experience do you have with chemical research topics?
      2. What would other people say is your biggest strength?...weakness?
      3. A brief timed exercise involving reading over three abstracts and being asked to identify the important concepts and substances being studied   Answer Question

Help Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CAS (Columbus, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

They responded promptly after I applied (1 week), and my phone screen was set up for 2 days later. I had two in-person interviews, both were "panel" type interviews, with the immediate supervisor and manager for the first Interview, and with co-workers and senior management for the second interview. Overall, a very pleaseant and well organized experience.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a question I could not answer, but was expected to give an answer to right away   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did try to negotiate some things, but they moved very little. Overall I was very satisfied however.

Account Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CAS (Columbus, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, in person interview with hiring manager, day of interviews at HQ with HR, technical personnel, hiring manager, senior management. Seemed excessive at the time but CAS invests heavily in training and I can see why the interview process was so involved - don't want to waste ~ 3 months of training on someone who is not going to work out.

Interview Questions

• To give a technical sales presentation   1 Answer