CAT Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CAT Financial Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

3.4

FFP Program Interview

Interview

3 individual hour long interviews with department managers with behavioral interview questions. The company was not looking for specific qualifications, but more importantly to check to see a fit with the company culture.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAT Financial (Nashville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person tour of building and two interviews. In-person interviews consisted of all behavioral questions. Interviewers were relaxed and conversational, which made the interview less intense - did not feel like an interrogation. Received offer the next week.

IT Intenship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CAT Financial (Nashville, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two different interviewers back to back. Both interviews were one on one and in person. My interviewers were cordial and made me feel welcome. Most of the questions asked followed the STAR method and were not difficult to answer. It was not a technical interview, but I was asked some basic technical questions dealing with fundamental programming concepts.

I was impressed with the quality of people at CAT Financial. My recruiter was professional and very friendly and helpful during the entire process. After the interviews, I was given a quick tour of the offices and reimbursed for my drive. Interviewing with CAT was an extremely smooth and enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Most of the technical questions are easy if you have a strong foundational knowledge of programming principals. The only one I didn't know was "What is the difference between the '==' operator and the '===' operator in Javascript?"   Answer Question

Finance Foundation Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CAT Financial (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The interview process was the best process I've ever been through. Everyone made me feel welcome and comfortable. You get the chance to talk one on one with hiring managers as well as display your social skills at a mixer. The competition at this interview is intense. Go over behavioral interview questions beforehand and have examples of specific situations. Use the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've had a conflict with a team member. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

IT Foundation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAT Financial (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

This interview was purely behavioral. First interview was on campus the day following the career fair. A week later, I received a phone call to go for the next round of interviews in Nashville. There was a brief orientation of the company followed by dinner, and a speech from their company President. The second day consisted of 3 interviews. All questions asked were behavioral. They prefer the STAR interview method for answering questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest achievement? Describe a time you had a disagreement with a teacher/coworker/boss. Describe a project you worked on and your role within the project.   Answer Question

Information Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAT Financial (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Awesome company- managers are very respectful, professional, and friendly. Very positive atmosphere in building. Professional but not stuffy. Very conservative, job titles. Senior engineers, directors at other companies are analysts, team leads, and managers at CAT. Business Casual dress, not starched white shirts and ties.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAT Financial.

Interview

Interviewed by three people successively. It was a long process, but being well prepared definitely helped me to crush it. I made sure that I had a set of potential answers to practice with.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAT Financial (Nashville, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was scheduled from 7:45 to 2:30. First I was asked to present my resume to a panel of managers. Then I had 3 one-hour interviews with the Hiring Manager, the Controller, and another financial manager. Lunch was in between those interviews. Finally. A 30 minute mtg with HR to review benefits and sign a consent for background check.

The interviews were all behavioral-type questions, so it was difficult to fully explain my skills and what I have to offer. They were more concerned with "how did you handle a problem where you didn't have the time to do a good job" versus "can you manage a team of 6?" or "can you consolidate multiple international financial statements?" etc.

Each of the 3 interviewers asked basically the same questions.

In my opinion, behavioral interviews will not identify who is the best candidate for all jobs. (Accounting candidates are often introverted and uncomfortable with these types of questions!)

Everyone was super nice and friendly. This is a great company, so I was disappointed to not get an offer. I was not expecting much up front, but after you see the building and offices and all the amenities & great people, you see what a great place this would be to work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked on a team and there was a problem and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you didn't have adequate time or resources in order to complete a task.   Answer Question

Special Accounts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAT Financial (Nashville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

3 Intervals of interviewing with varied Department Managers and we discussed almost every situation in a professional environment that we could. It was enlightening to hear what the company is all about.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAT Financial.

Interview

Came to recruit at my school's career fair, and they offered me an interview after about a minute of talking to me when they saw my major and GPA (my GPA is nothing special). They seemed to be interviewing most everyone from the MIS major.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you worked in a group and someone within it disagreed with one of your propositions and how did you handle it?   1 Answer