CEMEX (USA) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Sacramento, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Was contacted and had a 30 minute phone interview with head of HR at the division I was interviewing at. I was then invited and met with the Vice President of the division I was interviewing with for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past experiences listed on resume and how I would use them with regards to the position I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

One interview and you have to wait for couple of weeks before you get an offer. An offer is put in as a letter with the benefit that you are going to receive and that is pretty much it.

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

My experience and resume was so great for them, I would not accept their offer because of lack of communication and organization. They invited me quickly for onsite interview, upon seeing me, they are discouraged because over the phone and by my name they taught I was Mexican or Japanese American - affirmation from their HR--- Oops. Also, I look younger than my age, they were worried that all my team members would be older - poor judgment by them - Deng it! The hiring manager took me to a fast food restaurant for lunch ... OOCH! They actually shown interest. It took more than three months before they pay my interview reimbursement, they did after I threaten a small claim court. The service and treatment was too shabby.

Interview Questions

• They aren't prepared for interview, very unorganized company. Good questions and answers session. Gave them few insight on how to improve their safety program. They wrote them down.   1 Answer

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed twice, The first interview was very easy, and second was difficult with 4 people that were just reading question to me. Personal did not have any clue about fleet maintenance other than sales or pouring concrete.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and what kind of fleet software have you work with?   Answer Question

Manager, Commercial Strategy Interview

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and allowed the opportunity for both parties to engage with one another with in-depth conversations. Exposure to key stakeholders in order to get a more in depth sense of the job requirements, company culture, and overall compatibility for the role.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this company? What types of strategies would you implement in x situation?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Orlando, FL).

Interview

No games, all business, very fair questions requiring you to think about the answer you may or may not want to give. Asked the dumb question, " How much money do you want to make?" As much as I can?

Interview Questions

• How do overcome a lack of information in order to close the business and get the order?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA).

Interview

Multiple interview process. Starts with a phone interview from a lovely lady named Julie. After that you meet with her and a supervisor from the customer care area. Final interview is with the previously mentioned individuals along with two gentleman named Alex and Jeff.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Ontario, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

They started the process by giving a brief phone interview. Then they followed up with an in-person interview that had more specific questions. This interview consisted of a panel of three colleagues that had a various range of experience and tenure. All three were very professional and polite which made for a pleasant interview environment.

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

They have a three round interview process. First one, will be the hiring manager. If you pass onto the second, your second interview is with two other panelists. Final, will be the hiring manager's boss. They asked for technical aptitude and you are given a problem solving test of 12 questions to answer in less than 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• The problem solving test is not necessarily hard but using their business vernacular definitely presented a challenge. I had never had a two panelist interview at the same time; however, they still interviewed me for over 30 mins.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) in May 2014.

Interview

Received a call from a 3rd party recruiter regarding the position. Ended up applying for the position. Took 7 exams at one sitting (not too difficult) after interviewing w 3rd party recruiter. After that had phone interview with cemex hr about 30 min long. Basic phone interview questions. Afterwards, was sent a prettly lengthy sales assessment from Cemex that took like 40 min to complete. Typical sales questions. After passing this, had 3 panel interview at Cemex headquarters in Houston. Again fairly standard corporate interview. Got offer next day and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me, "there is a question i should be asking you about yourself, what is it?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated through 3rd party recruiter. We asked for max and got it.