CEMEX (USA) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2018

2.7

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

Started with an hour long phone Interview the week before Thanksgiving with HR. The call was a casual 2-way conversation and we both learned quite a bit about each other.

Two weeks later they contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager on December 1st. We spoke for an hour and the manager did most of the talking. The conversation flowed well and he provided a strong breakdown of the position and what they were looking for. A week and a half later they called to schedule an on site interview in 3.5 weeks on January 5th.

Onsite interview lasted several hours and included discussions with hiring manager, his boss, one of his coworkers and HR. Questions were mostly aimed directly at the job and they provided an overview of the company’s beliefs/philosophy. Interview also included lunch at a restaurant and a quick tour of the area. Everyone was friendly and interviews were well organized. 2.5 weeks later I got a call.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything in your career that you would change?   Answer Question
    • Walk us through the steps you were responsible for in a particular project/transaction at your current and past positions.   Answer Question
    • What role did you play in deciding whether a business transaction would proceed or not?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA).

Interview

Long interview process with little communication between steps. Three interviews within six weeks. The people were friendly just a huge lack of communication to the applicants. Overall I would not be looking to interview with them again.

Talent Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) in July 2017.

Interview

Contacted the recruiter and got a phone interview date. They didn't call at the scheduled time so I ended up rescheduling it. The recruiter ended up asking most questions, the hiring manager did not seem very interested.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through my University Career for the position. First I was contacted for a phone interview, which was pretty straightforward. Next, I was invited to the company for a second interview with an employee. The interview included a basic calculations test and a face to face...Then I never heard back from the company, I assumed no go for me.

Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online from University Career site. I got a phone interview with a HR recruiter then invited to onsite interview with a current employee. The process took 2 weeks. Never heard any feedback from the recruiter after the interview.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

First there was an initial phone interview. Then about 5 weeks later I received an email inviting me for an in-person interview. I interviewed with two of their analysts at the site and then didn't hear back until another 2/3 weeks.

Upper Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Had 2 interviews but seniority left me out and had to stay in the position I am now. The senior people even if they do not do much the company keeps them because of the age they have been working with the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can contribute?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Sacramento, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Was contacted and had a 30 minute phone interview with head of HR at the division I was interviewing at. I was then invited and met with the Vice President of the division I was interviewing with for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past experiences listed on resume and how I would use them with regards to the position I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

One interview and you have to wait for couple of weeks before you get an offer. An offer is put in as a letter with the benefit that you are going to receive and that is pretty much it.

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

My experience and resume was so great for them, I would not accept their offer because of lack of communication and organization. They invited me quickly for onsite interview, upon seeing me, they are discouraged because over the phone and by my name they taught I was Mexican or Japanese American - affirmation from their HR--- Oops. Also, I look younger than my age, they were worried that all my team members would be older - poor judgment by them - Deng it! The hiring manager took me to a fast food restaurant for lunch ... OOCH! They actually shown interest. It took more than three months before they pay my interview reimbursement, they did after I threaten a small claim court. The service and treatment was too shabby.

Interview Questions

• They aren't prepared for interview, very unorganized company. Good questions and answers session. Gave them few insight on how to improve their safety program. They wrote them down.   1 Answer