CGN Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CGN Global Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

Technical Communicator Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CGN Global.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then an in-person interview after submitting writing samples. Between myself and two other candidates, it took these clowns three months to make a decision, and they didn't even bother to tell me until I hounded them.

Business Transformation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGN Global (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR for a screening round. After clearing the screening round, I gave a technical interview which involved few analytical questions related to my resume (45 mins)

The last and final round was scheduled to be on a Thursday and it was supposed to be a panel round where I had to present a case study findings. I prepared for my final round and just 1-2 hours before the scheduled time, I received an email from the HR saying that the panel isn't available for that particular day and time. She asked me whether I am free the next week. Having no other choice, I gave her my availability for the next week and hoped to hear back from her soon.
    3-4 weeks have passed since that conversation (Feb 2017) and I still haven't heard back from her. I mailed the HR thrice, also called on mobile and left a voice mail to ask for the next possible schedule.

If the company doesn't want to proceed with my final round of interview, the least they could do was communicate with me. This was certainly the most unprofessional way to handle a candidate in a final round of interview. I still don't understand why recruiters behave like this when it comes to having a clear communication with the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Case study - Deciding on a strategy to minimize the losses during a product life cycle   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CGN Global (New York, NY).

Interview

HR called me on the phone, usual song and dance. Followed by a call from a principal. For the last round I came in to their HQ. They sent me a solved case from the case in point book and asked me to make a presentation

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGN Global (Peoria, IL).

Interview

First round: Phone Interview (HR screening) basic questions to gauge candidates verbal skills. if the candidate is a lawful immigrant, then CGN would understand work visa sponsorship requirements for the candidate.

Second round: Phone Interview (Sr. Manager/Partner of relevant function). The functional team will most likely reach out to you for next telephonic interview. This is most likely the case, if you are being hand picked for an upcoming assignment. Questions are around your experience and working knowledge in your relevant field of operations.

Third round: On-site Interview (2 rounds, plus case study presentation). This is most likely the final round where you are brought in-house for a face to face interview. There might be multiple panel interviews at the time, where manages/partners from other functions would assess your skill-set to ascertain if you are a fit for their team.

There is a case study presentation, pretty much inline with any other consulting company. Your analytical skills, thought process and presentation skills are evaluated. Since you are applying to be a consultant, don't hold yourself back with making your slides appealing to the audience. As Consulting companies make money of off fancy presentations (likes of Big 3)

Interview Questions

• Industrial engineering concepts around Workflow optimization   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGN Global (Peoria, IL).

Interview

I had an interview with a recruiter first followed by an interview with a manager over the phone. The last interview was a case study and questions in person with multiple managers. I was asked behavioral questions and questions that required problem solving skills.
    I traveled to the office for the case study interview. The team was helpful and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What mistakes do you think are made in how people approach problem solving?   Answer Question

Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGN Global (Peoria, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

1 hr phone interview to discuss background in supply chain, goals, and to learn about the types of positions and location. 1 hr case study presentation and panel interview based on supply chain principals and logistics. Reviewed my background, discussed the history of the company, asked questions about locations travel and overseas opportunities

Interview Questions

• Possible solutions to late material   3 Answers

Negotiation

They were done tactfully and they were willing to listen.

Business Performance Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGN Global.

Interview

The hiring process was through two phone interviews for HR & technical. The HR was easy and was a check to see if we fit in with the organizations requirements of salary , Technical was a good conversation. Asked questions relevant to my profile. Interesting place to work with the opportunity to deal with varied companies and use your field of work (Industrial Engineering/ Manufacturing/ Mechanical Engineering)

Interview Questions

• Interesting question but not too difficult in the technical round   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGN Global (Peoria, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial formal interview and then a second presentation based interview. It is a good overall experience. The company is trying to see if you can think critically and analytically. They want to see how far you are willing to go to achieve the right course of action.

Interview Questions

• Where would you take xyz company at this particular point in their xyz process?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

First a phone interview with HR then technical interview with HR. If it goes well then panel interview on skype. The last round is at Peoria with Partner and senior managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You should negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGN Global.

Interview

On Campus Career Fair--Phone Interview twice maybe more