CHA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHA (Albany, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was comfortable and engaging. They were accommodating to my scheduled work with another company and the interviews (1st & 2nd) were kept to about 30 minutes each.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CHA (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I got a very short phone interview, the interview was very easy and the HR was very nice. The questions were simple, more about my knowledge about the company and my personality, nothing about really major or professional knowledge. I did not finally get the internship just because they do not have position in my major.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHA (Albany, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview was two phone interviews, one with a HR specialist out of Atlanta, then with my 2 future managers. Typically the second interview is on site, but due to prior obligations I wasn't able to do this. The interview was mostly behavioral, and was just a conversation about past work experience and campus involvement. Overall it was a very easy going and enjoyable process, which reflected the culture at CHA very well.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume. Tell us about job x. Why CHA?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CHA.

Interview

Very straight forward, asked questions about proficiencies and about education. The interview was scheduled by HR and with the manager of a team. I felt as though there was no preparation that could have been done. To be honest it was one of the easiest interviews that I have experienced.

Assistant Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CHA (Richmond, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online; received email to schedule phone interview; received invitation to on site interview in Richmond, VA; received a phone call with job offer approximately a month later with a week to give a decision

Assistant Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CHA (Syracuse, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and one in person interview, very technically based and focused on the position and it's tasks as opposed to my personality. The interview was short, about a half hour long and consisted of one employee in the room with me and another on the phone in another office. They are higher up in the group but oversee the hiring for my department.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CHA.

Interview

I applied for the position online and they contacted me for a phone screen after a month. The phone screen was short, about 15 min. Then after a week, I got into the second phone interview with a panel engineers in the department. It lasted about 30 min. Waited about two weeks, I was told that I did not get the job. Overall, the process was well organized.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions about my experience and why I chose my major.   1 Answer

Assistant Traffic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CHA (Albany, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview process was very direct and typical for an engineering company. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

Decided to go to Graduate School.

Entry Level Highway (Civil) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHA (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR person
    I was then offered an in-person interview. 3 interviewers, all upper level engineers and employees at the office. They started by telling me about the company and the work they do all over the region (lots of detail). Asked me about my internship experience, level of CAD knowledge/skill, courses i took, my senior engineering design project and how that project allowed me to experience teamwork and accompanying issues. Asked about salary expectation and willingness to work overtime if required.

Interview Questions

• Did you do any type of senior project?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience/rate your skills with autoCAD?   1 Answer

Senior Engineer/Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CHA.

Interview

Completely unprofessional. Wasted 90 minutes on a phone interview with them only to be completely ghosted with zero follow up from them despite reaching out 3 times following the interview (2 emails and a phone call).

Some other points:

-They seem to like to grow by acquisition and don't necessarily understand the new engineering markets they are trying to break into at a corporate level.

-The also do not seem to understand the geographical markets they are trying to break into. For example, they are trying to break into my market in a specific discipline and seem to be looking to pay 20-30% under the market rate for someone in that position.

-They will use misleading job descriptions and salaries to lure you in.

-It seems that they are looking for someone desperate or someone who does not know their worth.

Interview Questions

• Salary requirements. They are looking to pay well under market rate for the area.   1 Answer