CHARFEN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CHARFEN Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

3 interviews -- phone -- in person -- team -- 3 weeks to hire -- personality test and background and confidentiality agreement required pre-hire -- must interview with owners or General Manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your sales experience.   Answer Question

Business Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with owners and hiring manager on 2 occasions. Lengthy interview and I was asked to watch an online video (before a personal interview) of the owner which lasted several hours. I was also invited to attend the owners coaching presentation but I couldn't do that because it was all day and couldn't leave my job to attend.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to be a business coach?   1 Answer

Business Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very comprehensive. I progressed through three rounds of interviews including a mock business coaching interview.

Salary below my expectations

Member Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

They do a UA for cocaine and marijuana. Other than that, it's a pretty standard customer service/call center interview.

Interview Questions

• No surprises. They're looking for smart, they're looking for a body for 6 months.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You takes $10.58/hr or you keep looking for a job.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CHARFEN.

Interview

Very unprofessional... came in and sat in the lobby filling out a DISC profile before anyone even said where the hiring manager was. He swoops in, we go to his office, where I have to try and interview with him while he eats a salad - it was as if he didn't even know I was coming in that day. Then he passes me to the girl who works for him, who decides an interview in the middle of one of their crowded rooms in front of everybody was appropriate. No one had any idea what they wanted to hire, what role, or why.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

When submitting a resume they ask for a 250 word explanation on why you think you would be a good fit for the job in question. After submitting the resume and short answer, I was contacted almost immediately by a representative and a phone interview was scheduled.
    During the phone interview, you will be asked the traditional HR interview questions. They focus on questions that evaluate your skills, potential, and long term future goals within the company.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked by the recruiter were the typical HR questions such as:
      1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      3. What skills do you posses and how would you apply them in your job role   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

First had a phone screen. I followed up with the recruiter who said they would be doing group interviews. They kept asking about the pay that I would be comfortable with. Filled out a personality survey prior to meeting with hiring manager. Asked if 8 to 5:30 works, which surprised me since the reviews stated long hours. The wages posted on here were surprising too, as I was told something else. Told me they had a no gossiping policy which I have to say, I have never heard of before. I can't imagine that that would be a bad thing, though. When I read the reviews, I thought that it might be better that they state up front if there are long hours or ??? I have companies that I want to work for that I *know* require long hours, but there are incentives that make up for it, so I would be going into it eyes wide open.

Business Solutions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

I initially applied to become a business coach but in the end they hired me as a salesperson (better decision for me and the company). This took 2 months. It started with a phone interview, followed by three in-person interviews, and a final offer right after the third one.

Interview Questions

• They asked me all about why I wanted to work there, what happened in the past, and your basic interview questions. No tough ones really.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online for the job of Content Specialist and was sent a writing assignment (900 words about foreclosed real estate). A week later I received an email stating that they liked my writing sample and wanted to interview me. The following week, I took my portfolio to the Charfen offices and was given a "personality assessment" to fill out, along with a lengthy job application. After about 45 minutes, I was told that there were no offices available for my interview so the interviewer took me into the lobby and talked with me for about a half hour, asking the regular questions about my former jobs and why I wanted to work at Charfen. He ended the interview by saying that he would send me another assignment (this time a PowerPoint) in the next day or two. When I didn't receive it, I emailed the company and was told that the position had been given to someone who was already employed there.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I was flown in from out of state to meet with the CEO and his executives. They took care of everything and made it very easy for me. Flight, car, lunch, and dinner. I was treated with the utmost of respect and felt like an absolute VIP every step of the way. Initially there was not the correct position for me. The company executives stayed in contact with me and a few months later we met again on several occasions. The Charfen Institute was very deliberate in their hiring and I was very deliberate in my accepting. I know with certainty that both parties are convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt we are a perfect fit. I see myself here 10+ years. Don't think the process will take this long for all people, but in my case I'm happy it did.

Interview Questions

• What will you do in the first 2 weeks to make an impact   Answer Question