CHARFEN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CHARFEN Interview Questions

Interviews at CHARFEN

Business Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very comprehensive. I progressed through three rounds of interviews including a mock business coaching interview.

Salary below my expectations

Business Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with owners and hiring manager on 2 occasions. Lengthy interview and I was asked to watch an online video (before a personal interview) of the owner which lasted several hours. I was also invited to attend the owners coaching presentation but I couldn't do that because it was all day and couldn't leave my job to attend.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to be a business coach?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CHARFEN.

Interview

Very unprofessional... came in and sat in the lobby filling out a DISC profile before anyone even said where the hiring manager was. He swoops in, we go to his office, where I have to try and interview with him while he eats a salad - it was as if he didn't even know I was coming in that day. Then he passes me to the girl who works for him, who decides an interview in the middle of one of their crowded rooms in front of everybody was appropriate. No one had any idea what they wanted to hire, what role, or why.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I was flown in from out of state to meet with the CEO and his executives. They took care of everything and made it very easy for me. Flight, car, lunch, and dinner. I was treated with the utmost of respect and felt like an absolute VIP every step of the way. Initially there was not the correct position for me. The company executives stayed in contact with me and a few months later we met again on several occasions. The Charfen Institute was very deliberate in their hiring and I was very deliberate in my accepting. I know with certainty that both parties are convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt we are a perfect fit. I see myself here 10+ years. Don't think the process will take this long for all people, but in my case I'm happy it did.

Interview Questions

• What will you do in the first 2 weeks to make an impact   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

It is not easy to get a job here. My official hiring process took about 90 days. The overall process took much longer. There is a good reason why they have such a long hiring process. The company culture here is stronger than some family culture. People work hard, need help and support, and the wrong people can cause an already challenging work schedule to be unnecessarily complex.

I interviewed with about 15 people over 1.5 days. Meeting back to back about every 30mins with a different person or member of the team. I got to understand strengths, weaknesses, of myself and the team. The hiring process can be similar to an organic being. Like white blood cells, if a foreign substance that doesn't belong enters "the body" those cells will attack and reject it.

This company hires for culture, personality, and ethics first. Skills and ability second. They believe skills can be taught, but culture and ethics have to already be in place. The CEO personally meets with you and gives you his story in a "culture meeting" and sets tone for leadership throughout the company.

This interview process is like a distance run, if you are not in shape or prepared, it will wear you out. If you pass, just like winning a race, the feeling, people, and company will support you like nowhere else you've ever worked.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What are you thinking as far a salary?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Be prepared to have to prove your worth once you are hired. Your salary offer will probably be at around the low end of what your expectations are. Don't be insulted. The company is based on meritocracy and your ability to perform will entitle you to more. You can rationalize the difference between what you are initially offered and what you are currently worth by thinking of that difference as being subsidized by the premium opportunity to learn, grow, and be supported to new levels in your carrer and personal life.

Your total compensation you receive is NOT in the form of salary and benefits, but in the form of payment that pays dividends down the road.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

First had a phone screen. I followed up with the recruiter who said they would be doing group interviews. They kept asking about the pay that I would be comfortable with. Filled out a personality survey prior to meeting with hiring manager. Asked if 8 to 5:30 works, which surprised me since the reviews stated long hours. The wages posted on here were surprising too, as I was told something else. Told me they had a no gossiping policy which I have to say, I have never heard of before. I can't imagine that that would be a bad thing, though. When I read the reviews, I thought that it might be better that they state up front if there are long hours or ??? I have companies that I want to work for that I *know* require long hours, but there are incentives that make up for it, so I would be going into it eyes wide open.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

3 interviews -- phone -- in person -- team -- 3 weeks to hire -- personality test and background and confidentiality agreement required pre-hire -- must interview with owners or General Manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your sales experience.   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Application process was online. Called for interview days later.
    Initial interview was a group/panel interview. During this portion, I was asked to take a DISC profile test. This is a personality test, and there's no way you can "fail" it. It's simply used by the company to decide how to communicate with you and figure out how you communicate with others. There were 2 employees we interviewed. We were able to ask them questions about anything: the company, their position, etc.
    Highly recommend you express what type of culture you'd like to work in. Honest, real answers are preferred...this company wants to hear your passion and truth, not textbook/google search answers to interview questions. Be genuine.
    My second interview was with the HR again, and with the Events manager. About a week later, they offered me the Events position.

Interview Questions

• They asked for a lot of examples from previous jobs, however, some didn't apply due to me only having very few jobs in my job history. This can feel awkward when you're unable to think of examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked my salary preferences in the application process. I was given a higher offer than what I put down.

Event Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

received a call from HR, asked to come in the next day. Took a personality test. interviewed with executive 1, then 2 , then CEO. went into a room to talk offers with HR. accepted. signed paperwork. The interviews are completely different. They want to know about you. be genuine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be realistic. The company offers a profit share every month so it definitely pads your income. you can counteroffer but dont push it.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CHARFEN (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I initially received an email asking if I would be available for a phone interview by the VP of Ops. Within minutes of replying with a "Most definitely!" I received a phone call a few minutes later. The phone interview resulted in a interview a week or so later. The first interview was with the CEO, VP of Ops and the HR Associate. They explained the position requirements and conducted an in depth interview. I was asked to return the next day and interview with the Executive Leadership Team. There were at least 8 people in the interview at any one time but I was made to feel very comfortable. They explained how important it was to find a person that would fit the company in skill sets, personality and culture. This interview lasted over two hours and believe it or not, was a great time. The exchange of ideas and methodologies was lively and I felt very empowered to speak my mind freely. At the same time, the questions asked of me informed, tough, precise and definitely designed to dig deep.

Interview Questions

• What was I looking for in my life. What were my personal dreams and goals and how did they relate to my professional ones.   1 Answer