CHEP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 26, 2018

3.1

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CHEP (Gainesville, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. They had a lot of interest in my educational background and asked some questions about my interest in the company. I am still waiting to hear back from the company as to whether I am moving forward in the process.

Office Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CHEP (Portland, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

I had to check in before the interview started. Be aware of the forklifts coming in and out of the warehouse section of the building as you head to the office! The interview was interrupted and the interviewer said that they were the only person working in the office. Things got a little complicated after the interview. I was offered the position, but was told that the hours were reduced. I was a little hesitant, but I accepted anyway. A day before I was going to start I was informed that the position was no longer available!

Interview Questions

• Have you dealt with any difficult customers?   Answer Question
    • If other workers crowd you at your desk asking for what they need (in a chaotic way) what would you do?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • How fast do you type and how accurate?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CHEP (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

It was phone interview and easy. The person asked me about my experiences and the projects I had worked on. Gave me information on their project and the inhouse framework they were using.

Interview Questions

• Difference between var and let. Basic web development questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CHEP (Orlando, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone call from HR for confirmation and "qualifying". Then scheduled for an interview. Received e-mail (application, directions, interview schedule w/ names and times.
    Two interviews: 1. With hiring manager and other managers related to the team (three total).
    2. Interview with Director

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected...very typical ex: Where do you see yourself in five years?
      What's your strongest/ weakest quality....blah blah blah   Answer Question

Negotiation

We are prepared to offer you X. I pushed for a bit more, but did not want to push my luck and took the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CHEP (Orlando, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

There were 2 separate phone interviews with HR, then a panel interview with direct manager, followed by a one on one interview with director of department, then a 2nd panel interview with manager, HR, and director from another department. HR called 3 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe what a perfect work day would consist of.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your most difficult challenge and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CHEP (Orlando, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied and took 2 weeks for a Phone interview: Tell me about Chep? Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a time you worked as part of a team? Question on what was on the resume. Within 1 week called for a group panel interview: Two interviewers first, then two more then 3 interviewers. Questions about what was on resume, and what are your most interesting courses in collage? How well do you learn new software? Tell me about a time you had to work in a team? What was the result? Why did you get your degree in that filed? Are you able to work Holidays? How would handle a stressful work load if all your task are critical and they are equally important?

Interview Questions

• Describe how would you handle a heave work load if all your task are critically important and must be completed?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CHEP.

Interview

Decently standard. Asked me about my excel skills and walk me through resume type questions. I feel like they were mostly vetting me for ability to learn, GPA probably helped.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CHEP (Atlanta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied for position online. HR in Colorado called and held first interview. 2nd interview was in Atlanta via teleconference.

Interview Questions

• What is something you regret not doing in your work life.   1 Answer

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CHEP (Orlando, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

They first interview you with one manager. If they think that you have passed the interview process at that point, then they have you interview with a larger panel of three to four managers.

Interview Questions

• background, different scenarios   1 Answer

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CHEP (Orlando, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Panel interview, shuffled from conference room to conference room. Typical "tell me about a time..." interview questions. Very corporate. Very easy. They ask very drone-like, STAR based questions. Answer accordingly, pass go, collect $100.

Interview Questions

• What's more important, customer service, or cost?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate my salary.