CHEP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.1

Asset Recovery Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvington, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CHEP (Irvington, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

HR called me and we set up a time for a phone interview. I waited for the phone call at the scheduled time but no call. After an hour of waiting I called and left a voicemail to make sure I had the right time and day. Did not hear back from HR and called back later in the day. HR person said yes I did have the right time and date. He apologized for being busy in a meeting that went too long and we set up another time for a phone interview the filling day. Again I waited for call that never came. Called and left another message on voicemail. Never heard back from HR.

Category Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CHEP.

Interview

HR contacted me after I had submitted an on line application for 30-35 minute phone screen. The posting stated that relocation was negotiable. At the completion of the interview it seemed HR was going to speak with the hiring manager about traveling for face to face interview on site. I followed up with HR after a few days and was told that now "they did not have a budget for relocation" and were only interviewing local candidates. Seems like they wasted my time and used the old "bait and switch".

Low Cost Automation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CHEP (Orlando, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was a 30 minute meeting. There were 3 interviewers and they asked pretty fair questions to gauge your interest in your major and what you've accomplished thus far in your college career.

Regional Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at CHEP (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

There was a phone screen with very light questioning; more of a recruiting effort. Then there was a basic face to face screen from a local leader, then I was invited to fly to Atlanta (Alpharetta) for a final interview. I was told they would reimburse my expenses. Then, after the interview...radio silence. They will not respond to my requests for reimbursement despite several requests over the past month. This includes a recruiter, the travel agent who booked it, and the hiring manager. I'm very disappointed by the lack of professionalism that they have had with following through at this point.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about experience and interests.   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CHEP (Nashville, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Very Quick! They asked a lot of questions regarding past experience and how it will help in the job at hand. They were happy to see a portfolio put together of past success in my last role.

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CHEP.

Interview

Phone Screen interview lasted 20 minutes. Flew me to Orlando for in person interview with team. Basic questions about my background and experience. Interviewed with staff, manager, and director. Took me out to lunch to have more informal session. Final interview was with HR Director who asked about compensation and timing. Standard interview

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CHEP (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

First interview is a phone interview with HR Director - general questions on past work experiences what you're doing now with your position successes you've had some failures that you may have had on a project or two just a general overall summary of why you're interested in the position and why you should be selected. Chep has a tendency to focus in on the Lominger competency interview questions, so my recommendation is to become familiar with Lominger competency questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is one thing that you learned about your current position you could bring to the position you're applying for?
      2. Why are you applying for this position?
      3. Providing example of managerial courage when you challenged a more senior position
      4. Provide an example are you motivated others get the best out of them
      5. Provide an example of organizational agility were you needed information quickly and couldn't get it through the formal channels
      6. Tell me about a time when you weren't willing to say "NO" to requests to overload your task and workload causing you to juggle multiple important tasks at once how did you set priorities?
      7. Share an example when you develop a strategy had to revise it how did end?
      8. Tell me about a time when you had went over a group you didn't know well how did you do it what was your approach can you explain your thinking and why your approach was the way it was
      Answer Question

Customer Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CHEP (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I got information about the job from a career fair at my local college. After leaving my resume with the recruiters, I received an email to schedule for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for a face 2 face interview. I was interviewed by 3 manager. After the interview, I did not hear back from the company for almost 2 weeks until they sent me an email that they decided to go with someone with more experience.

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CHEP (Riverside, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was found by a CHEP recruiter. I had an in person interview with the local management, a phone interview with the Director, an in person with the director and then an offer.

Interview Questions

• None that I can recall. All my interactions with the director were very personable. He had a great management philosophy that if you find the right person, they will do a great job.   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Very impressed with facilities and everyone I met.

Interview Questions

• What did your boss tell you to work on in your last review?   Answer Question

Counter offer from current employer