CHEP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

3.1

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CHEP (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Two phone screenings and an in-person panel interview. I was under whelmed by the low level of preparedness and engagement by senior people. One VP even got up to take a phone call during the interview! No follow up calls, nor were my calls returned. Highly unprofessional. Ghosted. However, judging by their low level of preparation and softball interview, it's not a surprise.

Office Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CHEP (Portland, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

I had to check in before the interview started. Be aware of the forklifts coming in and out of the warehouse section of the building as you head to the office! The interview was interrupted and the interviewer said that they were the only person working in the office. Things got a little complicated after the interview. I was offered the position, but was told that the hours were reduced. I was a little hesitant, but I accepted anyway. A day before I was going to start I was informed that the position was no longer available!

Interview Questions

• Have you dealt with any difficult customers?   Answer Question
    • If other workers crowd you at your desk asking for what they need (in a chaotic way) what would you do?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • How fast do you type and how accurate?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CHEP.

Interview

Decently standard. Asked me about my excel skills and walk me through resume type questions. I feel like they were mostly vetting me for ability to learn, GPA probably helped.

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHEP (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I got a call to schedule an interview three weeks after applying. I had two rounds where I was scheduled to meet with three managers each round. Since I had time, they also allowed me to shadow a current logistics coordinator for about 30 minutes, and then the director interviewed me. I enjoyed getting to meet the team, and can tell they have a strong sense of comradery. Their great chemistry allowed for a pleasant interview process. I also appreciated their honesty about the nature of the role. It is a very stressful job, but also a great foot-in-the-door with the company. I ultimately declined because I felt that the requirements of the role would be better fulfilled by someone with more of a "Type A" personality than myself.

Orlando, FL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHEP (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I received a call from HR and they were detailed on who CHEP is as a company and the job description. I was then invited to a in person interview. The interview went really well, my resume was used as an outline to discuss what I've done and questions related to their business. I met with another manager and then a person at CHEP who holds the same position. It was a great time to ask them questions about the job. Days later I had a final interview with a director and was asked more questions. I was offered a job at Lockheed and CHEP and at the end of the day, coming from corporate America I decided to accept CHEP's offer. I appreciated the culture and their drive to make sure to treat their employees well.

Interview Questions

• They went thru my resume and asked questions. Share a win you've had- how did you influence that win.   Answer Question

Asset Recovery Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvington, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CHEP (Irvington, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

HR called me and we set up a time for a phone interview. I waited for the phone call at the scheduled time but no call. After an hour of waiting I called and left a voicemail to make sure I had the right time and day. Did not hear back from HR and called back later in the day. HR person said yes I did have the right time and date. He apologized for being busy in a meeting that went too long and we set up another time for a phone interview the filling day. Again I waited for call that never came. Called and left another message on voicemail. Never heard back from HR.

Category Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CHEP.

Interview

HR contacted me after I had submitted an on line application for 30-35 minute phone screen. The posting stated that relocation was negotiable. At the completion of the interview it seemed HR was going to speak with the hiring manager about traveling for face to face interview on site. I followed up with HR after a few days and was told that now "they did not have a budget for relocation" and were only interviewing local candidates. Seems like they wasted my time and used the old "bait and switch".

Low Cost Automation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CHEP (Orlando, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was a 30 minute meeting. There were 3 interviewers and they asked pretty fair questions to gauge your interest in your major and what you've accomplished thus far in your college career.

Regional Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at CHEP (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

There was a phone screen with very light questioning; more of a recruiting effort. Then there was a basic face to face screen from a local leader, then I was invited to fly to Atlanta (Alpharetta) for a final interview. I was told they would reimburse my expenses. Then, after the interview...radio silence. They will not respond to my requests for reimbursement despite several requests over the past month. This includes a recruiter, the travel agent who booked it, and the hiring manager. I'm very disappointed by the lack of professionalism that they have had with following through at this point.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about experience and interests.   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CHEP (Nashville, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Very Quick! They asked a lot of questions regarding past experience and how it will help in the job at hand. They were happy to see a portfolio put together of past success in my last role.