CHOC Children's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2017

2.8

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CHOC Children's (Orange, CA).

Interview

spoke about past experiences, systems I knew
    things like that. Asked about specifics like DOFR's, COB, Managed Care contracts
    Briefly explained the entire position to me
    How I work with other, if I have any limitations for the position mentioned
    It went on for awhile, then we spoke about process of interview, hiring, and such
    discussed benefits briefly

Interview Questions

• Asked about collections, if I know what an EOB is
      similar questions such as do you know what a Credit balance is?
      have you ever worked with Medical, Medicare
      Asked me about working month end, reading reports, do I work well with others
      things like that
      Answer Question

Clinical Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CHOC Children's (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by HR several weeks later to set up an interview with the manager. The interview itself was very natural and friendly and was conducted like a conversation. I was asked a few basic interview questions and was told the roles and responsibilities of the position. Within two weeks, I received a call back and was offered the position.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHOC Children's.

Interview

The process was streamline and moved quickly. I appreciated the managers friendly tone which made me feel comfortable during a phone interview. I am grateful that I was selected for an interview at this competitive hospital!

Interview Questions

• Behavioral. Where do you want to be in 5 years. Why do you want to be a nurse?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHOC Children's (Orange, CA).

Interview

Interview process was pretty easy. First was a phone interview and then a one on one interview was set up with the Supervisor and Dr's. Background check completed and Drug Screen. Then a New Hire Orientation was completed prior to actually starting the position

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CHOC Children's (Fullerton, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It took them a month to call me for an interview after I applied. It was a panel interview with a manager, an RN and an LVN that interviewed me. I received a job offer a week after my interview

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHOC Children's (Orange, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Panel interview of eight people (nurse managers and floor nurses) which was not as intimidating as it sounds since everyone was friendly and welcoming. Asked behavioral questions that I did not anticipate. First nursing interview though so I was super nervous and found this to be a good experience regardless of the no offer.

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CHOC Children's (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

This was a panel based behavioral interview made up of PT team, supervisors, and managers. There were a lot of questions the started with "give me an example of a time".

Interview Questions

• give an example of a time you went above and beyond for customer service   Answer Question

I received a better offer elsewhere

Department Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CHOC Children's (Orange, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I have been applying with this hospital since 2011, I finally got an interview. I got a phone call from an HR person to schedule the interview. Day of, I met with three people. A bit intimidating I thought I was only going to meet with one. All were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. What is your greatest strength/weakness? I was asked about my past employment and school goals.   Answer Question

Public Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CHOC Children's (Orange, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was enjoyable and I had the opportunity to meet with members of several teams. I was pleased to have many pleasant and informative conversations, rather than just standard Q&As.That was a refreshing change to other interviews, and made me feel comfortable with the group. I felt that my time as a candidate was respected and my experience and ideas were valued.

Interview Questions

• What will you miss about your current job?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHOC Children's.

Interview

Brief phone call before being asked to come in for an in-person interview. Met with manager of Financial Planning & Decision Support. Was asked for a 2nd interview with Director of Financial Planning and met with team of analysts. Was asked standard behavioral interview questions and about my experience working in a hospital finance department.