CICC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CICC Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CICC.

Interview

As far as I know, one round phone interview for interns and at leat three round interview for full-time. Interviews included resume review, skills review and some typical behavior questions, like why you are Interested in the Job.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

There are three consecutive interviews in one and a half hour. Questions including self introduction and many accounting and valuation related issues. For example, you need to know clearly about DCF and how to calculate a specific accounting item. There is also a question about multitasking and how to deal with challenging and stressful work.

Equity Research Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CICC in July 2014.

Interview

The interviewer asked questions on corporate finance, such as how will the 3 statements change if working capital goes up. They also asked a lot of questions on the past work experiences. When the answer is not clear they went into details to see if you really know what you were doing and if you're lying about your experiences.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CICC.

Interview

Interview is three rounds. First with an analyst and then subsequently with a Director. Last round of interview is with MD which can be quite scary.But be confident along the way and show your true self. It has been a two way matching process and the company has been great during the recruiting process.

Singapore Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CICC (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewers were friendly and nice. Asking relevant questions to gauge whether are you suitable for the position offered. But over all recruitment process is not really that professional as compared to other MNCs. Went for interviews 4 times and they could not decide on who to hire. The entire process took 2-3 month for a not too senior position. And there are no updates from the HR with regards to the hiring and no closure 2 months after the final interview. I guess they are not too sincere or urgent in the hiring. Have to apply for leaves a couple of times to interview for a non urgent or confirmed position.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CICC (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied this position in late April, 2016. First round is behavioral interview, talk with HR over phone. Second round is an on site interview with group members. The questions are mainly about the internships and projects I did on my resume. Some programming questions and option pricing questions as well.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CICC (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in March 2016.

Interview

1. A written test about some basic knowledge about treasure bond, stock market and even questions about the books you read, the website you view everyday. Another question(which had been asked by another interview of a certain securities) is write some indicators about the GDP or something.
    2. Interviews with PMs, just questions about your previous internship, why CICC and so on. They may pay many attention to the details.

Interview Questions

• Describe the strategy you did in your previous internship.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CICC.

Interview

1:1, One Associate and Two Analysts, normal Investment banking recruitment process

Associate walk me through the resume, ask about the my relevant past experiences and my life at university and share his knowledge about the industry, career in IBD with me.

Analysts apparently focus more on techs as we'll be working together later. All the questions are within my range of guess except one or two.

All are nice and caring and tell me they love CICC culture and the team.

, Investment Banking Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CICC (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in November 2015.

Interview

there are 2 phone interviews. Majorly is technical questions. Will start with a "work me through your resume". Also asked "what do you think about Investment Banking". The length of the interview should be around 30 mins. The interviewers are nice.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the valuation analysis methods? What are they?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CICC (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in July 2015.

Interview

3 rounds. First with HR and then VPs and the boss. It was a stress interview, but I stayed calm and although I did not answer all of them perfectly, I stayed calm and confident and that impressed them. It is common to have stress interivews.
    Other questions are behavioural.
    1st interview was a group one with the HR, second was a stress interview and the last, with the boss of the division, was more behaviour focused.
    It took 14 days to complete the process and I finally got the offer.

Interview Questions

• the stock market rout in June of China market
      why was that
      how to solve the issue
      what are most important qualities for a sales
      what are the key strengths you had
      why do you want to do sales   Answer Question