CITIC Securities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CITIC Securities Interview Questions

2.7

Equity Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CITIC Securities (New York, NY).

Interview

I firstly got a phone interview from HR asking about basic information, including work availability for the internship position. Then I got an on-site interview to meet with CITICS' Sales and Trading team. The interviewers asked questions about my resume and about the knowledge in equity market. The interview were mostly taken in English.

Accounting Interview

Interview

I got the interview because of referral. Then I had interview with HR and Account Manager. It was about 30 mins. Pretty quick interview process. They test both English and Chinese. It's pretty causal. No technical questions. Just see if your personality is a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied from NA, and applied for investment banking department summer internship at Beijing. The interview went smoothly via online chat, and its a 7 to 1 interview. Some tricky questions but overall it was good.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about current situation securities companies in China will face in 2014.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CITIC Securities (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in November 2014.

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. The first round is a telephone interview which covers some basic behavior questions and three intermediate level brain teasers. After that, an invitation for second round interview was issued a week later. Second round interview includes two parts: written tests and face to face interview. The written tests consists of four parts: brain teaser, calculus and probabilities, finance theories(focus on BS model and fixed income concepts), coding skills. Each part consists of 10 problems and you have 2 hours to complete all four parts. After completing the first part, all the participants got a face to face interview from a senior staff. This part will basically focus on your past experience on your resume and some related behavior questions. After the second round, HR contacted me the next day and also assigned our role according to our background and intern performance.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CITIC Securities (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

For HK:
    First Round: HR - Regular questions on CV, Motivation and Expectations.
    Second Round: 1 MD, 2 ED, 1 Department Head, individual interviews one after another. Each interviewer asked different questions, and had their own evaluations. Cantonese, English, Mandarin are all used.

A candidate can basically choose two departments and attend interviews at the same time.

Interview Questions

• How to evaluate an insurance company from an actuarial perspective?
      Prepare a brief research paper on why Alibaba chose US listing over HKEX.
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CITIC Securities (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)) in December 2013.

Interview

What you studied during university, why you choose this job, your understanding about option pricing, BS formula, statistical knowledge like ARMA model. Typical HR interview questions. Technical questions is mainly about option pricing. Not hard if you know basic option pricing theory well.

Interview Questions

• Two ways to come up with BS formula for option pricing   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CITIC Securities (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)) in January 2013.

Interview

I was mainly asked about option pricing theory, nature of greeks, binomial pricing, change of measure. And knowledge on statistics, like the notion of standard deviation, probability theory. If you really have in-depth knowledge on option pricing, then the technical interview would not be hard. Then HR interview. It was mainly casual talk, about what you would like to do, why you choose this post, and so on.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CITIC Securities.

Interview

include both behavior and technical questions;
    technical questions involve accounting stuff;
    preparation needed;
    had to go thru several rounds of interviews, the number of rounds depends on the location you applied for

Interview Questions

• Accounting questions: inner connections between the 3 major financial statements   Answer Question

Asset Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CITIC Securities in October 2011.

Interview

Ask all resume question for the first round interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions were based on my resume. Not too much unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CITIC Securities (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2011.

Interview

Phone interview screening with HR is literally to see if you want to be submitted to the team. Once the team approves, they setup the in office interview. You have to meet with pretty much half the team at the very least as well as a few people from related teams. I interviewed with 12-13 people total for 20 mins each over a span of 1 days. They seem to ask the same questions and then at the end of the process they decide if you are going to be easy to work with yet know your stuff and get stuff done.