COUNTRY Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Normal, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Two interviews that were about 25 - 30 minutes each. First was with one person at my college. Second was with two other people in their building. Interview was very casual and seemed more like a conversation rather than an interview

Interview Questions

• All questions were behavioral type, very easy   1 Answer

Insurance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial.

Interview

Was scheduled for a phone interview, they never called. I am an MBA student and all my classes are at 6pm or online during the semester. I got an email at 2:15pm from the lady who was suppose to call me at 2:30pm. "I see you graduate in the spring of 2019. Contact us then."

Interview Questions

• I was never asked a question or given the opportunity to explain my school situation or anything about me. Very professional .   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

initial screening interview and then a group interview with multiple interviewees and it was pretty easy as far as the questions, very basic and behavioral questions. typical getting to know you questions

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Des Moines, IA) in March 2018.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview, didn't realize this would be outside sales so I politely declined. They asked how I would be able to gain potential clients and ideas I could bring to the table about how to get my own leads.

Interview Questions

• How would you gain your own leads/what kind of ideas can you bring to the table to get potential clients?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Bloomington, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Email contact, skills and behaviors assessment, on site interview with HR followed by one more on site interview with department supervisors, side by side with a current employee on the floor. They followed up within two days of the final interview with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had be creative or think outside the box to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Predictive Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Middletown, CT).

Interview

Pretty straightforward process. I was contacted for a phone screening 2 weeks after applying through LinkedIn. The next month, I went on-site for 4 separate interviews including a lunch interview with people I would be working with. The questions were mostly behavioral or focused on resume highlights. I was nervous at first, but they did a very good job of making it feel like a normal conversation. I was particularly impressed with at how friendly the Recruiter is. She has a world-class personality and is one of the most polite people I have ever had the pleasure to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What kind of steps have you taken towards personal development?   1 Answer

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

I applied online. I had a interview with human resources and then an interview with that my supervisor that included side-by-side interviews with the team. It took them over two weeks to give me an answer back about weather or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why I left my job at state state farm   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

Some brief and expected questions, ML-lite stuff, some prob/stats stuff

Glad to have taken a job with SF!

Pay sucks, data scientists make a heck of a lot more than that! Expects some Phd. level knowledge out of a non-phd

Interview Questions

• Best classifier on this dataset is? (they gave me like five classifiers)   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial.

Interview

I was contacted after applying online. I went to three interviews each over two hours listening to the manager ramble on about the company and himself but never would quite go into detail about job requirements or any questions that I had. He was a bit too comfortable and it came of a tad unprofessional to me. He told me I don't discuss pay or commissions to candidates because I'm looking for people that are just willing to do the work, the rewards will come. The second interview time was cancelled and rescheduled at least 3 times on Country's part. On the second interview I was given a research packet where I was supposed to interview 10 potential clients about their insurance needs and wants, etc. It was at least 30 questions per client and would have taken about an hour per person. I find it odd to be given an assignment when I haven't been hired. I already have a full-time job and this was a timely assignments to do without compensation. This interview felt like "Making the Band" with P. Diddy . The interviewer was arrogant like Diddy as well. Over all, not a good experience.

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2017.

Interview

I had to submit an online application. Got a response by email asking about a good time to have a phone interview which I confirmed. I had a phone interview so far. From my understanding, their interview process is a 3 step. Phone screening, then face to face, then last interview with upper management for final decision.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was clear that this was a "field" position and not an "inside" adjuster position as many people get this confused. Asked if I was comfortable climbing on roofs, going into small spaces, etc . They explained if hired I would have to fly to corporate for a couple weeks of training and then come back and have a supervisor or manager shadow me for a week or so. Also, they asked if I had I heard of them before and asked if I knew anything about their company. Asked what my salary expectations were. Talked about the job role and where they were based out of, also how many office locations they had. They did tell me what to expect as far as salary and if that would be okay with me if hired. They wanted to know why I wanted to go into the field adjuster role after being an inside adjuster for many years.   1 Answer