COUNTRY Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.6

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted by a recruiter 1-2 weeks later and setup an initial phone screen. It was very laid back and conversational (talk about experience, prior roles, what I want to do, etc..) I was told I'd hear something back, one way or another, within about a week or so. I never heard anything back. It turned out not to be a good fit for me after holding the interview, but would have been nice if they would have at least followed back up. Seems like a good company overall.

Customer Service Representative (Billing) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

Had my first interview HR lady was wonderful she made me feel v ry comfortable and i enjoyed talking to her. Got my second interview tomorrow and i am not feeling as nervous. Will come back and add a review on the second part of interview and if i got the job

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through a job fair at my college. Interview took about 45 minutes, and was more of a conversation than anything. I was asked four short questions regarding databases which were incredibly simple for anyone with any SQL experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

There were rounds of interviews. The first interviewer worked for HR and asked typical entry interview questions. A few weeks after the initial interview I was called for a second round. This time I interviewed in the office I would be working in. For the first 15 minutes I was interviewed by my potential boss, then she left and two team leaders interviewed me at the same time. It was a very friendly environment, and the interviewers seemed to really engage with what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Bloomington, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online for the "Claims Representative I" position. Got an email a few days later asking me to take a pre-employment test online. Took it and a couple days later got an email from HR requesting an in person interview with someone from HR. Had the first interview the next week, and was told immediately after the interview I would be referred to have the final interview with the hiring manager, who would hold the interview 2 weeks later. Final interview with hiring manager and another manager which lasted an hour. A little over a week later, got the phone call from the hiring manager who offered my the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Tualatin, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was basically a personality interview. I was able to ask a lot of questions and connect with the interviewer. Some very basic questions were asked, but nothing too challenging. The point was definitely to vet whether the prospective employee was a person that people could connect with and if they were able to sell themselves. This was only the first of two interviews. I really enjoyed the individual who conducted the interview, and they did a good job of selling the possibility of working at Country.

Interview Questions

• The usual: what is a time you had to deal with a contentious situation, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial in May 2016.

Interview

60 minute pre-employment screening test. Met with branch manager who explained position and that it is not for everyone. To help me determine if the career is a good fit gave me a assignment to call people I know and ask them to complete a questionnaire. I decided it was not for me.

Interview Questions

• would you be comfortable soliciting your friends and family to buy insurance and other financial products?   Answer Question

Associate Investment Analyst - Equities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Bloomington, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online in January and had an Initial phone interview in January 2016 with the lead human resources rep. Upon completion, I received an invitation to Bloomington, IL for a second interview with the Investments team. During the second interview I interviewed with five different members of the equity investments team and the lead HR rep as well. Overall, it was a very enjoyable and laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary expectation? What would your last manager say about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Tuscaloosa, AL) in March 2016.

Interview

Met for a one-on-one interview with recruiter after meeting at a career fair. Asked basic questions to get to know you better, they want you to prove how you're a leader, or active in community and how many potential contacts you may have.

Interview Questions

• Involved in anything in high school?
      How many people would you say you know and need your services?
      What's the last book you read?
      If you were in a competition with 100 people, where do you think you'd finish and why
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online then was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. She sent me a "personality" type test and forwarded my information to the local sales manager. Enjoyed speaking with her and honestly she made me more interested in Country than I had been. I met with the local sales manager the following week. Had a great interview and invited me to a 2nd interview w/ the regional sales manager the following week. Had 2nd interview and was offered a position. Almost all of the questions we're scripted "Tell me about a time...". Do your research on the company. I personally found out all I could before hand and also compared them to the competition as much as I could not having prior experience in the industry. Great company as far as I can tell.