COUNTRY Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 5, 2018

2.6

Predictive Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Middletown, CT).

Interview

Pretty straightforward process. I was contacted for a phone screening 2 weeks after applying through LinkedIn. The next month, I went on-site for 4 separate interviews including a lunch interview with people I would be working with. The questions were mostly behavioral or focused on resume highlights. I was nervous at first, but they did a very good job of making it feel like a normal conversation. I was particularly impressed with at how friendly the Recruiter is. She has a world-class personality and is one of the most polite people I have ever had the pleasure to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What kind of steps have you taken towards personal development?   1 Answer

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

I applied online. I had a interview with human resources and then an interview with that my supervisor that included side-by-side interviews with the team. It took them over two weeks to give me an answer back about weather or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why I left my job at state state farm   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

Some brief and expected questions, ML-lite stuff, some prob/stats stuff

Glad to have taken a job with SF!

Pay sucks, data scientists make a heck of a lot more than that! Expects some Phd. level knowledge out of a non-phd

Interview Questions

• Best classifier on this dataset is? (they gave me like five classifiers)   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial.

Interview

I was contacted after applying online. I went to three interviews each over two hours listening to the manager ramble on about the company and himself but never would quite go into detail about job requirements or any questions that I had. He was a bit too comfortable and it came of a tad unprofessional to me. He told me I don't discuss pay or commissions to candidates because I'm looking for people that are just willing to do the work, the rewards will come. The second interview time was cancelled and rescheduled at least 3 times on Country's part. On the second interview I was given a research packet where I was supposed to interview 10 potential clients about their insurance needs and wants, etc. It was at least 30 questions per client and would have taken about an hour per person. I find it odd to be given an assignment when I haven't been hired. I already have a full-time job and this was a timely assignments to do without compensation. This interview felt like "Making the Band" with P. Diddy . The interviewer was arrogant like Diddy as well. Over all, not a good experience.

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2017.

Interview

I had to submit an online application. Got a response by email asking about a good time to have a phone interview which I confirmed. I had a phone interview so far. From my understanding, their interview process is a 3 step. Phone screening, then face to face, then last interview with upper management for final decision.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was clear that this was a "field" position and not an "inside" adjuster position as many people get this confused. Asked if I was comfortable climbing on roofs, going into small spaces, etc . They explained if hired I would have to fly to corporate for a couple weeks of training and then come back and have a supervisor or manager shadow me for a week or so. Also, they asked if I had I heard of them before and asked if I knew anything about their company. Asked what my salary expectations were. Talked about the job role and where they were based out of, also how many office locations they had. They did tell me what to expect as far as salary and if that would be okay with me if hired. They wanted to know why I wanted to go into the field adjuster role after being an inside adjuster for many years.   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Chicago, IL).

Interview

easy phone interview where they just asked me why I wanted to work in insurance, and what networking connections I have to whom i could sell insurance policies, being called in for an interview with hiring manager soon

Claims Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me directing my attention to the job listing online. There were a total of three points of contact: online skills test, phone interview, in-person interview. Took the Online skills test, received email next day to set up phone interview. One week later, had phone interview and at the end of it, was told they will set up an in-person interview for a week after that. Had in-person interview and exactly one week later was offered the job. The only surprise in the process was a mandatory credit check.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: How do I deal with emotions at work, how do I deal with stress.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Bloomington, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I go the job through randstad. They called the supervisor, talked to her a bit, and all of sudden i got the job. they didn't ask me anything because they went through randstad and I guess they don't need to interview directly with their potential employees. They just talked to the hiring manager at randstad about me.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted by a recruiter 1-2 weeks later and setup an initial phone screen. It was very laid back and conversational (talk about experience, prior roles, what I want to do, etc..) I was told I'd hear something back, one way or another, within about a week or so. I never heard anything back. It turned out not to be a good fit for me after holding the interview, but would have been nice if they would have at least followed back up. Seems like a good company overall.

Customer Service Representative (Billing) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

Had my first interview HR lady was wonderful she made me feel v ry comfortable and i enjoyed talking to her. Got my second interview tomorrow and i am not feeling as nervous. Will come back and add a review on the second part of interview and if i got the job