COUNTRY Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

COUNTRY Financial Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.6

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial.

Interview

I was contacted after applying online. I went to three interviews each over two hours listening to the manager ramble on about the company and himself but never would quite go into detail about job requirements or any questions that I had. He was a bit too comfortable and it came of a tad unprofessional to me. He told me I don't discuss pay or commissions to candidates because I'm looking for people that are just willing to do the work, the rewards will come. The second interview time was cancelled and rescheduled at least 3 times on Country's part. On the second interview I was given a research packet where I was supposed to interview 10 potential clients about their insurance needs and wants, etc. It was at least 30 questions per client and would have taken about an hour per person. I find it odd to be given an assignment when I haven't been hired. I already have a full-time job and this was a timely assignments to do without compensation. This interview felt like "Making the Band" with P. Diddy . The interviewer was arrogant like Diddy as well. Over all, not a good experience.

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2017.

Interview

I had to submit an online application. Got a response by email asking about a good time to have a phone interview which I confirmed. I had a phone interview so far. From my understanding, their interview process is a 3 step. Phone screening, then face to face, then last interview with upper management for final decision.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was clear that this was a "field" position and not an "inside" adjuster position as many people get this confused. Asked if I was comfortable climbing on roofs, going into small spaces, etc . They explained if hired I would have to fly to corporate for a couple weeks of training and then come back and have a supervisor or manager shadow me for a week or so. Also, they asked if I had I heard of them before and asked if I knew anything about their company. Asked what my salary expectations were. Talked about the job role and where they were based out of, also how many office locations they had. They did tell me what to expect as far as salary and if that would be okay with me if hired. They wanted to know why I wanted to go into the field adjuster role after being an inside adjuster for many years.   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Chicago, IL).

Interview

easy phone interview where they just asked me why I wanted to work in insurance, and what networking connections I have to whom i could sell insurance policies, being called in for an interview with hiring manager soon

Claims Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me directing my attention to the job listing online. There were a total of three points of contact: online skills test, phone interview, in-person interview. Took the Online skills test, received email next day to set up phone interview. One week later, had phone interview and at the end of it, was told they will set up an in-person interview for a week after that. Had in-person interview and exactly one week later was offered the job. The only surprise in the process was a mandatory credit check.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: How do I deal with emotions at work, how do I deal with stress.   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted by a recruiter 1-2 weeks later and setup an initial phone screen. It was very laid back and conversational (talk about experience, prior roles, what I want to do, etc..) I was told I'd hear something back, one way or another, within about a week or so. I never heard anything back. It turned out not to be a good fit for me after holding the interview, but would have been nice if they would have at least followed back up. Seems like a good company overall.

Customer Service Representative (Billing) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

Had my first interview HR lady was wonderful she made me feel v ry comfortable and i enjoyed talking to her. Got my second interview tomorrow and i am not feeling as nervous. Will come back and add a review on the second part of interview and if i got the job

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through a job fair at my college. Interview took about 45 minutes, and was more of a conversation than anything. I was asked four short questions regarding databases which were incredibly simple for anyone with any SQL experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

There were rounds of interviews. The first interviewer worked for HR and asked typical entry interview questions. A few weeks after the initial interview I was called for a second round. This time I interviewed in the office I would be working in. For the first 15 minutes I was interviewed by my potential boss, then she left and two team leaders interviewed me at the same time. It was a very friendly environment, and the interviewers seemed to really engage with what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Bloomington, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online for the "Claims Representative I" position. Got an email a few days later asking me to take a pre-employment test online. Took it and a couple days later got an email from HR requesting an in person interview with someone from HR. Had the first interview the next week, and was told immediately after the interview I would be referred to have the final interview with the hiring manager, who would hold the interview 2 weeks later. Final interview with hiring manager and another manager which lasted an hour. A little over a week later, got the phone call from the hiring manager who offered my the position.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at COUNTRY Financial (Tualatin, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was basically a personality interview. I was able to ask a lot of questions and connect with the interviewer. Some very basic questions were asked, but nothing too challenging. The point was definitely to vet whether the prospective employee was a person that people could connect with and if they were able to sell themselves. This was only the first of two interviews. I really enjoyed the individual who conducted the interview, and they did a good job of selling the possibility of working at Country.

Interview Questions

• The usual: what is a time you had to deal with a contentious situation, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question