COWI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2016

2.4

Field Construction Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at COWI (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied to the position through their online portal. Got an email requesting a phone screen 3 days later. After phone screen, got a call asking for in person interview within the next week. I couldn't make it due to my previous employment work schedule so they were very flexible and we did the face-to-face interview through Microsoft Lync. The interview was very technical, to determine if I had the necessary skills for the position. Overall, the interview process was straight forward and easy to follow. Communication with their HR department was great!

Interview Questions

• What has been your most difficult/challenging task in your current employment?   Answer Question

Coastal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at COWI (Oakland, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume and cover letter online through their website. I got contacted 1 week later by a HR representative. I had a 30 minutes phone interview with the same HR person. Regular interview with super basic questions about my background, education, interests...
    I got a second call 3 days later for a second interview.
    The second interview was a Skype interview with like 3 people (company engineers). This interview was more intense than the first one and I even had to answer theoretical questions.
    They contacted me 2 days later saying that I was not selected.

Associate Engineer Interview

Interview

I dropped off my resume in person and replied to the online posting. A week later I was called in for an interview, where I talked with the President and all VPs individually for no more than 30-minutes each.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at COWI.

Interview

I applied to a position there, and received a phone call within a week. Then I had a half a day interview including lunch. Mainly general questions.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at COWI.

Interview

There was a phone screener followed by two site interviews. The first was at the main office followed by another at a branch office. Fairly standard interview process that took a little over a month and half. Great people but they ended up not being able to hire at the time.

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at COWI (Oakland, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Speak with 2 VPs and the then president. They had a friendly discussion at their individual offices. Nice company, nice people. Tour of the office. It almost appeared that are they not asking me questions because they don't want to hire me. But actually they take your resume pretty seriously and if you have a good educational background or experience you are already half way through the door.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding past experiences, college courses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me an offer in an email the very same evening. I didn't negotiate since I was straight out of my master's degree.

Engineer - Structure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at COWI (Oakland, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

you have interviews with company vps and president. they dont ask anything technical, all they ask is about your previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• what was our research thesis on   1 Answer

other offers

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at COWI (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

1hr written test with very basic conceptual question, 1 hr discussion on experience, 1 hr HR round with manager. Question paper was based on RCC design, steel design and some industry related questions

Interview Questions

• Working Stress Method, Limit state method, Steel design and basic construction related questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just ask as per latest trend in the industry

Project Assistant Interview

Interview

The woman emailed me and arranged a phone interview. During the phone interview, it was very basic interview questions. I thought I answered everything by the book, but I didnt get a call back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for COWI?
      Why project management?
      Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at COWI (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Very professional and proactive recruitment / on boarding experience. Initial telephone interview, followed by 2 face to face meetings with relevant managers and directors, kept informed at all stages of the process, from first introduction through to issuing of the offer. On boarding process / introduction to the company was extremely effective too