CPG International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

3.1

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CPG International (Scranton, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

There was nothing exceptional about the interview process. They did a little game playing though, saying the interview was postponed and then suddenly there was an interview. This company plays tricks on people, saying they are hired when in fact they are not. It is cruel to play games like this when there is no intention of hiring that person. Some of the panel members would get up and walk out, I thought this was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your job history.   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CPG International (Skokie, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who then had me record a video of 5 questions about my career (you only had 1 min to answer each question). Next step was a phone interview with HR and the sales manager. Next step was an in-person meeting with sales manager and channel manager. From there I was flown out to Skokie, IL for an all day interview. First thing on the agenda was a Wonderlic test and 2 personality tests. Second meeting was to be with someone -- who was no longer there so I sat there for 1-1/2. Third meeting was to be in one of the conference rooms with the Director of Sales. I was surprised when the HR assistant came in a dialed a phone and said here's so and so. Never a mention of where they were and this person was very distracted during the phone call. Fourth and fifth meetings were with regional sales people and both interviews were basically the same thing (tell me about yourself.) Last meeting was a video conference with HR manager in Scranton. I wish I would have read the other reviews before I committed to interviewing with CPG. The process took over 6 weeks and and after the trip to the corporate office I never heard from anyone for over 2 weeks and I had to call and follow-up several times. I never heard back from anyone directly at CPG which would have been common courtesy especially since I had a lot of time invested in them. The only feedback I received was that they didn't think I was promotable but NO ONE in any interview asked me about moving up or relocating to Skokie.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CPG International (Skokie, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Same as most of the interviews on here. One interview from the recruiter, who was great! Two phone interviews, two online tests, one face to face, and then a flight from Cal to Ill for five more interview, and an IQ test. I thought that the interviews went okay, but later they told the recruiter that they had questions about my previous job, which I had for 31 years, which no interviewer ever asked the question that was related to the recruiter. I did find out during the interview that the territory had been open for 1 and 1/2 years. Seems like a long time for the San Francisco Bay Area not to have a Rep if you ask me. Seems like the company is saving pennies on territories not being filled, and probably loosing money in the long run. If I had read this board, I would have made sure that someone asked all questions regarding your resume before wasting the time to fly out for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Face to face interview, what sports do you like, and what are your favorite teams. No Joke!   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CPG International in July 2016.

Interview

I was connected with the company through a recruiter. I had 3 phone interviews and an all day interview that included personality and intelligence testing in addition to 5 face to face interviews. They repeated a lot of questions (on purpose) and asked fairly detailed questions related to my skillset to ensure I understood how to apply what I said I knew on paper. They also completed a reference check before extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• What demotivates you?   Answer Question
    • What are your deal breakers in terms of what you need and what you cannot tolerate in a company culture?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My offer was negotiated by the recruiter so I accepted the first one brought to me because it was fair and in line with my marketable skill set.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CPG International (Skokie, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

2 successful phone interviews that led to an ALL DAY 8 hour and completely disorganized set of face to face interviews. Met with 8 people. Ultimately told that I didn't explain my resume well enough and that they decided to go another direction. Pretty lame...

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience in excel modeling?   Answer Question
    • Would it bother you to work with a guy who's always first in the office and last out as well?   1 Answer

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CPG International (Skokie, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

It was disorganized. They had me sit in a room for an hour two different times during the day. They made me drive five hours away for five interviews and only one was in person. The rest were video conference or phone.

Interview Questions

• Do you love to win or hate to lose?   2 Answers

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CPG International (Skokie, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Comprehensive and thorough. Even had a chance to meet with the president and CEO of the company. Showed me that every level of the organization was truly interested in knowing me and how I would fit into the culture of the team.

Interview Questions

• What would your current supervisor say they liked about you?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CPG International.

Interview

First received an email from recruiter asking about availability followed by a phone call. Interview day there was a group of couple engineering students to be interviewed at same day. 4 different interviewers, it last from 8 AM to 4 PM. Had a tour of factory then lunch with R&D and HR staff.
    they seemed friendly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at CPG International.

Interview

Had fun. Brought into waiting room with other applicants. Had a total of 5 interviewswith accounting and HR. Wasn't too bad. Mostly just standard questions. Very conversational. Tell meabout yourself. What makes you an asset. Tell me your story. Pretty standard stuff mostly

Interview Questions

• Tell meabout yourself. What makes you an asset. Tell me your story. Pretty standard stuff mostly   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CPG International in January 2011.

Interview

Company looked at resume on the superficial level. Details of the resume are just glanced through. Not willing to even allow the interviewee t to offer an explanation.