CSU Sacramento Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.4

Analyst/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a single 1 hour interview with four people around a conference table. I felt like I was just attending a meeting. The interviewers were relaxed and simply went through a list of questions in a round table fashion. They all had the same list.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a number of questions to describe experiences relating to working to timelines and the extent of my experience with Oracle and Peoplesoft, among others. Because I did not have deep knowledge, I wasn't asked specific technical questions. I should mention that in preparation for this interview, I purchased online training on Peoplesoft: SkillsVine "Learning Peopletools". It was hugely helpful and the facilitators allowed me to get a copy of a virtual instance of Peoplesoft's Campus Solutions to play around with. Hence, I had a very good idea of the technologies used and could speak on a general level competently. One last point, when I was offered the position, the pay was pretty low so I asked if I could negotiate a higher salary and found out I could. :-) Don't be afraid to ask. You might get what you ask for.   Answer Question

Administrative Support Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

Interviewed at the College of Continuing Education, very friendly and talkative, panel interview with 3 interviewers that worked in the college. Process took about 1 1/2 hours. I was told the select process could take up to 1 month before they decide on their candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with a budget, how do you define customer service (followed by give an example of when you gave great customer service and when you didn't give great customer service.), Describe how to manage a heavy program load while observing protocols.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Panel interview. May differ depending on what department is hiring for the position. There were 5 total people interviewing me in a room. You're given the questions before being called in to practice your responses. About 12-15 questions asking about experience in previous occupations, about what the job listing is looking for in terms of tasks/duties. They take turns asking the questions in the same order on the paper. They take notes as you answer. Thats about it. They are very nice and want you to be comfortable.

Only negative: they take a LONG time to move the process along.

Interview Questions

• Experience using office equipment, computer programs, prioritizing tasks. Situational questions such as "what would you do if you knew you would not be able to finish an assignment on time?".   1 Answer

EOP Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Sent in resume with cover letter, scheduled an interview that turnout to be in a group fashion. They would present one question and then allow everyone the interview group to provide their own answer for it. The order was not controlled so someone could answer the question first one time and go last the next. The whole thing was just short of an hour.

Interview Questions

• The questions were focused on African Americans in the education systems such as "How would you help African American students be successful during their time here?"   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was approached via email around 2 weeks after I'd applied for the posting. I had a brief phone screening with a person in the same position as the one I'd be interviewing for. This person would be my liaison through the remaining part of the process. After the phone screening, my contact emailed me back within a week to ask for me to participate in a skype interview with other members of the development team (I was located in Sun Valley, Idaho at the time). I participated in the skye group interview and felt confident I would be asked to proceed to the next round. I was contacted shortly after, and sure enough, was asked to interview via skype with the hiring manager, and the supervisor for the position. I really wanted this position so I offered to travel down to Sacramento to participate in person. They made sure I knew they couldn't reimburse my expenses, but said they'd be thrilled to meet me in person.
     I came down for the interview, toured the campus a day prior to the meeting, and showed up on time for the interview. I interviewed with one woman, who was the VP of Development in the university advancement team. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and I thought I did well. She mentioned that she would have a decision by the end of the week (this was Monday), but that it may take HR a little longer to contact candidates. I returned home to Idaho.
    After the next few weeks, I followed up with my contact twice. Once he told me the decision process was still underway and asked me to verify i had submitted references. The second time he told me all the paperwork had been turned over to HR and that it was in their hands now.
    1 week later I followed up with the HR department and managed to contact the HR analyst who was working on the position. She told me it could be 1-2 more weeks before all candidates hear something.
    1 week later I received a very brief email explaining they had chosen another candidate. I thanked them for following up and asked if there was anyway I could receive some feedback on why I wasn't selected. I still have not received a response, and its been two weeks.

IT Technician - ITC Shop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Process took 2 days, maybe I was lucky. I submitted my resume though career connection of Sac State and got a call to come in for interview on Monday. This is a student assistant jobs. My boss met me in front of the building and walked me through the lab. Questions are fairly easy

Interview Questions

• Q: how to troubleshoot a hard drive?
      Q: Identify the IP address of the machine
      Q: Identify all the components in the Desktop
      Answer Question

Student Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento.

Interview

They are group interviews with a panel of directors from A&O. They will set you up with a group interview. You all sit in front of the directors. They give scenarios you put yourself in and what you would do or say. The group interview then answers one by one. They will call you to let you know if you received the job or not.

Interview Questions

• If a family arrived late and were angry with getting lost and finding parking- how would you answer it?   1 Answer

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews. easy, pleasant and to the point. Asked simple questions and I gave simple but elaborate answers. Was contacted promptly with a second phone interview a week later and began training an additional week later.

Interview Questions

• How Have you overcame workplace problems in the past?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Usually 3 people in the interview panel, ask about 10 questions. Formal interview but they make it relaxed and really try to make you comfortable and get to know you.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento.

Interview

They don't do much in terms of an interview. Be ready to answer some simple questions. They have a tough time finding people so it was really simple. That is about all there is to it. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions are hard   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations made