CSU Sacramento Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Analyst/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a single 1 hour interview with four people around a conference table. I felt like I was just attending a meeting. The interviewers were relaxed and simply went through a list of questions in a round table fashion. They all had the same list.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a number of questions to describe experiences relating to working to timelines and the extent of my experience with Oracle and Peoplesoft, among others. Because I did not have deep knowledge, I wasn't asked specific technical questions. I should mention that in preparation for this interview, I purchased online training on Peoplesoft: SkillsVine "Learning Peopletools". It was hugely helpful and the facilitators allowed me to get a copy of a virtual instance of Peoplesoft's Campus Solutions to play around with. Hence, I had a very good idea of the technologies used and could speak on a general level competently. One last point, when I was offered the position, the pay was pretty low so I asked if I could negotiate a higher salary and found out I could. :-) Don't be afraid to ask. You might get what you ask for.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The interview required a panel interview with a presentation. The interview was about an hour and a half long with 5-panel members. It was a standard process where the panel members went round robin and asked a question each.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges you experienced when you were met with resistance?   Answer Question
    • Explain how TCP/IP works.   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience as an IT manager and how your skills relate to this position.   Answer Question
    • How would you engage the campus community and seek involvement in the process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Got an email from the department supervisor, inviting me to interview during certain time periods. He then reconfirmed through email. Showed up to interview 15 minutes before it and while in the interview panel, they asked a lot of questions that pertain to the job description. For instance, tell me about your past experience with the use of Peoplesoft: Common Financial System?

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge about databases?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Panel interview. May differ depending on what department is hiring for the position. There were 5 total people interviewing me in a room. You're given the questions before being called in to practice your responses. About 12-15 questions asking about experience in previous occupations, about what the job listing is looking for in terms of tasks/duties. They take turns asking the questions in the same order on the paper. They take notes as you answer. Thats about it. They are very nice and want you to be comfortable.

Only negative: they take a LONG time to move the process along.

Interview Questions

• Experience using office equipment, computer programs, prioritizing tasks. Situational questions such as "what would you do if you knew you would not be able to finish an assignment on time?".   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Great interview, I was interviewed by three people in a conference room. It was pretty straightforward, they had a list of questions that they asked me that ranged from behavioral too situational. They asked me about my experiences as well and would say the interview lasted just about an hour. From the time I also applied, I heard back about two weeks later about an interview which I had the following. I learned a lot about the school and enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you had multiple assignments going on at one time and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Usually 3 people in the interview panel, ask about 10 questions. Formal interview but they make it relaxed and really try to make you comfortable and get to know you.

Student Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento.

Interview

They are group interviews with a panel of directors from A&O. They will set you up with a group interview. You all sit in front of the directors. They give scenarios you put yourself in and what you would do or say. The group interview then answers one by one. They will call you to let you know if you received the job or not.

Interview Questions

• If a family arrived late and were angry with getting lost and finding parking- how would you answer it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Process was quick and easy. The interviewers were really nice, asked a lot of behavioral questions and also about my previous jobs. They described how the team works and asked me why I would fit into their team

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

CCE there were 3 interviewers in the panel for technical job. some are scenario based and technical. it was 30 min long interview and questions are mostly based on computers and projectors.

Interview Questions

• how and from where do you start if the computer is not working   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CSU Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received a call, interview with manager and his panel of two other people. Each asked a question taking turns. Manager sat and watched most of the interview.