CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

1.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service)

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) (Nashville, TN) in June 2017.

Interview

Got a email saying they were interested in me. I responed. They sent the information needed to the Nashville Project Cordinator. He set up face to face interview. Was there about 10-15 mins and they hired me.

Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a formal interview process. Face to face with one of the managers. He was very forthright. You have to appreciate that. The entire interview lasted less than 30 minutes. No need to wear a shirt and tie. Business casual would suffice.

Interview Questions

• They are primarily interested in your work ethic. Can you handle 60 hour work weeks.
      Are you afraid of heights?
      Can you work in extreme conditions; under homes, in attics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Marys, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) (Saint Marys, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

A joke. Just like most jobs. Fill out paper work take your test get asked and answer basic questions. The goal is tobget you hired work you to death till you quit. Then on to the next one.

Cable Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) (Augusta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email, and I replied with an interview date and time. Upon arriving for the interview, I noticed a few things.
    1. The building was large, but the lobby wasn't set up to be very welcoming. The hallway to the managers office was cluttered and not clean, and the furniture looked recycled.
    2. A "Now Hiring" sign hung in the front window. When I asked how long it had been up, the front desk receptionist stated it goes up as down like a yoyo. This indicates to me that the company has a high turnover rate, as always by not treating their employees the greatest.
    3. I was told that the average workweek offers 60-70 hours. So I think, "oh great! Overtime moolah!" Not the case, as I was informed the work is paid only on the type of install, you're not paid hourly after training. During training, you work the same number of hours for 2-4 weeks, making only $7.25/hr. (Minimum wage) Simply having my abilities there is worth more than that, so I declined the job offer. It was practically thrown at me, because they NEED bodies, it seems.The manager also informed me his top installers pull in 1200/ week. That would be awesome money, but given my experience in the cable industry, they've been there a while and are assigned the big jobs, leaving others with the scraps.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was uncomfortable working in tight places or attics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I had to apply online they contacted me back after about a week. Then if I can recall correctly I had to take an assessment test. After that then there was the interview process. I was hired immediately after that and trained for a week. Following that I shadowed a guy for two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a valid driver's licence ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not any negotiation.

Cable Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Really easy, basically made sure I could lift 50 lbs, had at least an IQ of 80 and was breathing. Most of the interview was selling the job, about how much money you will make, how much potential there is in the company.

There was a big emphasis on how they provide training and a truck to those who get through training.

Interview Questions

• Can you work nights/weekends/holidays?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Very unfriendly welcome. The manager forgot about the interview and I had to wait 30 minutes to talk with another person. The interview wasn't really an interview. It was more like a rundown on how the hiring process works and then the training. You can sense the place has loads of turnover.

Cable TV Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) (Savannah, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

I found the posting online that asked the applicant to fill out the application in-person. I did so and the next day got a call for an interview. Went in after I got back in town and took the personality/intelligence test afterward. I was told the test came back fine and all I had to do was pass the background/MVR check.

During the interview the supervisor told me about how they work and what kind of money I could expect to make first starting off and after I become very familiar and fast with getting the work done.

The work invironment was very laid-back and pleasant. The people there all seemed to get along great and worked well with eachother. A lot of joking around, even with me though they'd never met me before. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• So you want to be a cable installer?   1 Answer