Cable One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.4

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natchez, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cable One (Natchez, MS).

Interview

Went on 2 full interviews, 3 if you count the last visit to officially fill out the paperwork. The first interview was with the local office management. Field supervisor & senior field technician. Your basic new age double team interview. The average getting to know you /getting a feel for what type of person you are, why you want this job, etc. Very professional and corporate structure. Although they didn't seem prepared at the beginning. After the conclusion, they said I would be offered an online assessment as the next step and that was the conclusion of the first interview. The next day the office supervisor contacted me with the details of the assessment. I took it and within a day or two the regional supervisor scheduled a 2nd interview.
    This interview was awesome. He was a intelligent, compassionate, & interesting person. Same base questions with a little more detail about the job, me, & other things. Really saw the structure of a corporate ran company with this interview. I basically was offered the job by the end of it, contingent on my background check, drug test, & DOT physical.
    Completed the assessment, DOT physical, and waited to hear a response with an official job offer.
    This is where it went downhill, the following week the regional supervisor contacted me and asked if I had been contacted by corporate, which I hadn't. He asked me if anyone had gone over compensation, which I was told that wouldn't be discussed until an official job offer was on the table. So he told me the hourly rate, it was an extreme disappointment. Not only was it a big pay cut from my current job, but it was discouraging to have an offer of only$11/hr (with a possible $2 more after a year, which is still less than what I was currently making) from such a large company that went through such an intimate & complicated hiring process with a corporate structure. I advised him I couldn't take a job with a pay cut and he asked me to think it over and get back with him within a couple days after he contacted corporate about a different offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for the company?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work full time and possible overtime?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cable One (Bartlesville, OK).

Interview

Professional and personable, the CSM here was clear about the job duties and about the people in the office I would be working with. Asked questions about my experience and abilities.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience in customer service and sales.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cable One.

Interview

Overall positive. Took the assessment from home that morning. Filled out the application at the office. Did a panel interview with 2 managers who asked questions about my sales experience. We did a role-play for a new internet and they passed me onto the 2nd interview where I was offered the position. There's a gym and a game room not to mention covered parking. It's a really cool call center and I'm excited to start working here

Interview Questions

• What would your current supervisor say you need improvement with?   Answer Question

Tech Support Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, MS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cable One (Long Beach, MS) in February 2017.

Interview

1st interview was a phone interview, if you pass it you will be sent a link in your email to an assessment. If you pass the assessment, you'll be contacted for a second interview, which is usually face to face.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to explain how to use a computer to someone?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you with computers?   1 Answer

Web Sales Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cable One.

Interview

My first impression that the staff were unprofessional and rude. Once I walked in the door I knew I did not want to work for this company! Interview process was easy and assessment. But the environment wasn't friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to up sell to a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cable One (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I went on my 1st interview and it was very basic...it was thru a job fair and the place seems amazing...hope i get the call for the 2nd! I'm looking forward to working here if it happens. I will hopefully make my sales skills get to a higher level.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had to make a very difficult decision at work?   1 Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cable One (Biloxi, MS).

Interview

The process was relaxed. The first interview question was basic, Tell me about your self, reviewed my resume and asked about my work history. The second interview revolved around various scenario type questions. " Tell me about a time where you had to make an out of the box decision".

Interview Questions

• " Tell me about a time where you had to make an out of the box decision".   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anniston, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cable One (Anniston, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

they asked questions and I answered I didn't get the job we talked about cleaning and free lunches and star trek, dancing with the stars and if they were felony friendly

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cable One.

Interview

You are required to pass an online test. The common advice when taking these tests is that there are no wrong or right answers. However that must not be the case because if there was not then what would be the point of taking the test anyway?

Software Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cable One.

Interview

Nice. Hiring manager was just great! Amazingly, I did not think the first interview went all that well - - but the hiring manager did! :) I do like the fact that they have you interview a second time with the peers you will be working with. This is the first company I interviewed with which has this practice . . .And I like it because it helps assure a good fit for both the current team as well as the job applicant

Interview Questions

• Heavy on seeking illustrations from my past experience where I was responsible for continual improvement activities and results.   Answer Question