Cable One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cable One Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2016

2.3

Web Sales Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cable One.

Interview

My first impression that the staff were unprofessional and rude. Once I walked in the door I knew I did not want to work for this company! Interview process was easy and assessment. But the environment wasn't friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to up sell to a customer.   1 Answer

Inbound Retention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cable One (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not even worth taking seriously. Snobby management who know whether or not they're going to hire you within the 1st 10 minutes, but string you along just to not show any interest. Met some cool people none of who were management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when......What would you do if.........   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cable One (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I went on my 1st interview and it was very basic...it was thru a job fair and the place seems amazing...hope i get the call for the 2nd! I'm looking forward to working here if it happens. I will hopefully make my sales skills get to a higher level.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had to make a very difficult decision at work?   1 Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cable One (Biloxi, MS).

Interview

The process was relaxed. The first interview question was basic, Tell me about your self, reviewed my resume and asked about my work history. The second interview revolved around various scenario type questions. " Tell me about a time where you had to make an out of the box decision".

Interview Questions

• " Tell me about a time where you had to make an out of the box decision".   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anniston, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cable One (Anniston, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

they asked questions and I answered I didn't get the job we talked about cleaning and free lunches and star trek, dancing with the stars and if they were felony friendly

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cable One.

Interview

You are required to pass an online test. The common advice when taking these tests is that there are no wrong or right answers. However that must not be the case because if there was not then what would be the point of taking the test anyway?

Software Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cable One.

Interview

Nice. Hiring manager was just great! Amazingly, I did not think the first interview went all that well - - but the hiring manager did! :) I do like the fact that they have you interview a second time with the peers you will be working with. This is the first company I interviewed with which has this practice . . .And I like it because it helps assure a good fit for both the current team as well as the job applicant

Interview Questions

• Heavy on seeking illustrations from my past experience where I was responsible for continual improvement activities and results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cable One (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

There are 3 tests that you take at their call center. The first 2 are technical tests and the 3rd is a customer service test. After this was a lengthy interview filled with STAR format questions and this was followed by a brief interview with a couple of HR people. Job offers may be done on the spot depending on when training classes start

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. Everything was STAR format and they wanted specific situations.   Answer Question

Senior Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cable One (Boise, ID).

Interview

After putting in application was asked to take a basic math skills test. I also took a test to identify basic tools. After this I had an interview with the local technical operations management.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cable One in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call the next day to set up a time for onsite testing and possible interview. I scheduled my appointment for 2 days later. They say to allow 1.5 to 2 hours time - note that you should allow more time than this for full process.

The testing consisted of 3 different tests. The first 2 were multiple choice questions to test your technical knowledge of computers/internet. You have to pass each level to take the next assessment. The third assessment is a basic customer service skills assessment.

After passing all 3 assessments I waited in the lobby for about 20 minutes and went into my first interview with one of the supervisors at the center. We discussed the training schedule and that position requires flexibility in scheduling 4AM to 12:30AM 7 days a week. Went through my resume and then answered some basic STAR type questions. Expectation is that individuals will learn current role and advance to next role within 3 to 6 months. With each promotion 50 cent raise.

After first interview was asked to wait in lobby for a possible third interview. At this point I had been onsite for 2.75 hours. I waited another 45 minutes and had an interview with 2 more supervisors. They asked similar STAR type questions some more than once. I could tell that I did not connect with one of the two supervisors and that I would not be getting a job offer. My understanding from conversations with security in lobby that company tries to do all testing and interviews and possible job offers in one day.

When it was my turn to ask questions I asked the panel why I should work for them. One supervisor answered that he had already given that answer when I asked what he liked about working for the company. ( The other supervisor stated that he would never promote for someone to work at the company that they need to earn the right to work there. I explained that interviews are normally two way conversations and just by this response I knew I was not interested and that I would not be getting an offer.