Cable One Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tom Might

Pros
Cons
  • But since this is a 24/7 call center, that's fairly normal for newbies (in 18 reviews)

• Upper management past local don't seem to care about you (in 4 reviews)

1. "Cable One"

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Cable One full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing Telecommunications company with opportunity for advancement. A diverse environment accepting to people from all walks of life.

Cons

This depends on how an individual chooses to perceive the corporate environment.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed working for this company; planning to retire with them

2. "VP/Treasurer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Cable One full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and great company.

Cons

Since going public in 2015 many changes have been made that are not all for the good. Too much emphasis on cash flow. Some leadership issues with the change in the CEO.

3. "dispatch"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Cable One (More than 5 years)

Pros

great team...amazing leaders....beautiful office space....no over nights....roomy work spaces... team building....contests...open door policy...have I said enough...loved it at Cable One

Cons

nothing negative to say the above mentioned pluses should speak for themselves. I would go back in a heartbeat, but I retired for health reasons.

Advice to Management

keep up the positive vibe

5. "Dispatcher"

Former Employee - Dispatcher
    Former Employee - Dispatcher

Pros

Not micro managed, benefits are great.

Cons

Pay is under the average in the area.

"What it's really like on the technical side"

Current Employee - Systems Technician in Ponca City, OK
    Current Employee - Systems Technician in Ponca City, OK

I have been working at Cable One (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is good. take home vehicle. good benefits. basically running work orders by yourself interacting with customers

Cons

Company used to be really good....and then they separated from GHC and went public. Now all they worry about is stock prices, could care less about anything other than this.

Short handed techs means you work late. If you bust butt and complete all your work orders, you get to go home on time....ooh, wait...there's a tech with 10 other work orders on his screen and he's slow, so guess what..now you get to work until 10pm. Hours are terrible.

Also...because our tech department is short handed, your on call every 2 weeks. So .. your week starts Monday...you work late till Friday...then Saturday and Sunday, then begin your week again. So that's 12 days straight you'll work. Also, if management mentions the words "quota".. or "days on install" , run. Every waking second your working, you are allotted time. That time, though, is not accurate at all. For instance, your given 40 minutes to complete a 5 outlet rewire. You do have the ability to "add time" as needed, but guess what...now all your other work orders are pushed out further. So instead of being actually scheduled until 4 or 430, now suddenly your out working way passed dinner time. And guess what...noone cares. They seriously and literally don't care. You just work, because "thats how it is"

Also, if your looking for advancement, get ready to move. Been in the same job for a handful of years, but guess what? The few times I could have advanced, they removed the job title. But the joke is if you want to move up in the company, you can relocate. So basically...it's there if you like to pack up and move alot.

This company makes changes to the tech side, and then tries to fix it. They have no foresight (even though your front lines techs told you so) as to what will work or not.

Upper management is a joke. They are here to basically fill an office space, but when you actually have a legit concern, it goes nowhere. They are overpaid babysitters, don't have any abilities to stop a process, upgrade or something because your plant won't handle it. You get told "we're addressing it" over and over again...it's been over 3 weeks and still there is zero done on the issues.

Advice to Management

Listen to your front line techs. If they are so important, why are you treating them like crap? When you have techs saying "something isn't right" .. try addressing the actual problem and NOT just blowing it out the door. Trust me when I say this....we know the problems. Solve them.

ETA is ruining your companies vision. Quota is a joke. Techs can't be friendly because there's no time.

"Terrible Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Central City, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Central City, NE

Pros

Benefits..no other words to describe

Cons

Worst Management I've ever seen. Favoritism is a 5*! Do the job of your Customer Service Manager because never there, personal phone calls, and shops. Corporate office has no follow through. Tom Might CEO won't even follow through.

Advice to Management

Fire and rehire.

"They don't reallly care for you"

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Mon-fri shift, sales is good if you stay focused

Cons

Dnt value there good hard working employees , will fire you for anything and any chanc they get.Management likes to harrass you until they let you go

Advice to Management

Never get rid of the good people who actually come and do there job

9. "Specialist"

Pros

Great casual work environment and employee amenities.

Cons

Typical work stresses and lack of time to balance work life.

"Ok company to work for"

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Cable One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great. Pay is ok but not great. The facility was awesome and most of the people are cool.

Cons

Management needs to get their act together and be in the same page. Staffing is a problem. Need to help your associates Advance and not keep them in one spot til they quit.

11. "A Nice Call Center"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist II in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist II in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Cable One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The callers are mostly calm and happy. You get the occasional irate customer, but most are just happy to have their issue fixed.
    There are opportunities to move up, but there are pretty strict requirements, and you have to pursue them aggressively.

Cons

The metrics for the center have been growing a bit stricter. They recently moved to using a zip-tone to decrease wait time (understandable from a management perspective, but leads to some awkward calls when you're caught mid-sip). They have also had a strange supervisor rotation. In my year and a half there, I had five different supervisors, which doesn't make it easy on anyone to develop professionally.
    I've also had my schedule unexpectedly changed with little notice. But since this is a 24/7 call center, that's fairly normal for newbies.

Advice to Management

Reduce the supervisor rotations. And try to integrate the TCC more to the corporate office. As it stands when I left, we were still pretty left out of everything.