Cal Poly Pomona Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cal Poly Pomona

2.1

Community Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cal Poly Pomona (Pomona, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Two part interview process in person interviews with panels. They have a panel consisting of different employees of the department and they each ask you different questions. You are in a room with about four other possible candidates for the same position. It is difficult to not be repeatitive since all the candidates get asked the same questions.

Community Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cal Poly Pomona (Pomona, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

My initial interview was via skype because I was not in the region at the time. Very straight forward with the questions...nothing too challenging because quite frankly the vacancy was for a position that I had 4 years of experience already doing. It felt like more of a confirmation of whether or not I was the real deal or just someone trying to inflate my skills and abilities. The in-person interview was similar...everyone was quite friendly and straight forward. At that point I think it was more of a final confirmation on whether or not my social skills would be a good match. My interview might have been different if I didn't have much experience in the field.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience with writing official documents and agreements?   1 Answer

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Cal Poly Pomona (Pomona, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

It was a formal interview and was very straightforward. There was an obvious sense of happiness in the room and people really enjoyed their jobs. There was an interview and then they were very prompt about giving feedback and follow up. I had a good interview and made a strong impression by being friendly. I was told that is why I was offered the job!

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cal Poly Pomona (Pomona, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume through university's website. Received an email saying they were interested and went in for the interview. Very basic, simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Very basic and general. Asked about my experience referencing off of what I put on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Advisor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cal Poly Pomona (Pomona, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was a panel with 3 advisors. The main advisor in charge of the summer program was Leon. First they asked a series of questions to get to know you. Then they asked you to perform tasks on the computer that were pertinent to the job. Then they asked if you had any questions for them. It was a typical interview process. My advice to you is to really build a strong connection with whoever you are talking to. They like to be interactive and engage in a conversation rather than ask and answer.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cal Poly Pomona in March 2014.

Interview

No interview process - all that was required was my resume and acceptance of the position. Everything else was done over email. They sent out an email asking for a web developer to develop the department site. I responded with my resume and received the acceptance the next day.

Interview Questions

• What was your work experience?   1 Answer

IT Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cal Poly Pomona (Pomona, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online through the BroncoConnection website then I was called and they asked some questions about when I would graduate etc. After that, I had only one interview and it was a group interview. We had to talk in front of everyone about our experience and what skills we brought.

Interview Questions

Interview

Apply at Bronco Connection, and then if they like your resume, they will ask for a phone interview to see how your communication skills over the phone. After that, there is a in-person interview, and they just ask you random questions about your technical skills.

Interview Questions

• When is the last time you ever felt that you were given a task and you didnt know what to do? How did you go around it? And what happen in the end?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cal Poly Pomona.

Interview

Describe any experience you have related to this position.

Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cal Poly Pomona (Pomona, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Gauges more on how well you can sell, and how well you can talk. It also shows what you can do on the fly. It was a pretty easy process of getting into it but once you get in it is very hard.

Interview Questions

• how will you sell this product given.   1 Answer