Calero Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Calero Interview Questions

Interviews at Calero

2.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calero (Rochester, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Standard interview process - apply online, HR contacts you to set up an interview, show up in person to talk to manager and then 2 engineers. Interview itself was 1.5 hours.

You're sent a programming problem before the interview, so that you can discuss/show your solution to them. It was a fine example to use, not too hard, but had to think.

After interview I did not hear anything after several weeks. I reached out to the HR person that set up the interview to see what the status was, and literally was sent an automated rejection from their application tracking system 10 minutes later. This is the reason for the negative rating, not that I didn't get the offer. Please follow up with candidates within a timely manner - candidates shouldn't have to wait and beg to know their results.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Calero in January 2018.

Interview

Even the recruiter was unfriendly and not warm. After my in person visit to the gray dungeon of cubes that is Calero and meeting with the joke of a hiring manager I withdrew my application. I feel sorry for anyone who works here.

Interview Questions

• It was obvious he didn’t even look at my resume until he entered the room. He didn’t ask any structured questions just told me all the reasons he would be concerned about my employment there. Why would you bring me in to interview in the first place?
      This place seems horrible, management is rude and full of themselves.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Calero (Rochester, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Typical interview, was helpful that I had a heads up of what to expect from the interviewer and the company itself. Nice and welcoming and was able to interact with them.

Technical Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Calero (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied to a listing I saw on indeed.com. I was contacted a few days later by a contracted corporate recruiter who did a brief ten minute phone screen. I was then informed that the phone screen went so well that he wanted to have me do a phone interview with the Operations managers of the department I would work in. Lucky for me someone had to cancel their face to face interview for that afternoon so I spoke with the operations managers that same afternoon. After a brief 20 minute phone conversation I was told that they would follow up with me regarding next steps. I got a call a few days later from the recruiter to inform me that my phone interview went well and that I had been recommended for an interview with the Department Vice President. I scheduled the interview for the next day. I spent about an hour speaking with the VP of the department. He asked questions regarding my management style and how I would select candidates to build a successful team. Thinks that struck me as strange for an interview for a Technical Services Representative position. A few days after that I received an email inviting me to apply for the position. I completed the email right away. I was then contacted by the recruiter to inform me that the interview with the VP went well and now I needed to meet with the VP of HR. Meet with him for about an hour, he walked me through the facility, explained where my team would be located etc.. I was then informed that because I did so well during the interview process that I would be offered a lead position. There was no discussion of salary which was my expectation during the meeting with the VP of HR. I was called the next day and told that the meeting with HR went well and everyone had great things to say about me. My offer was then forwarded to the CEO for approval. I accepted another offer in the mean time. They took entirely to long to make a decision.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Calero (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

An external, contracted recruiter contacted me and conducted a phone screen interview. He gave me some advice and set up phone interview with hiring manager, and then with HR manager. Finally they flew me to another office of company to meet with key executives and peers.
    Considering the extensive investment of time for me across perhaps 3 calendar weeks, I was surprised when I received so little information on their selection process and why they did not move forward with me. Even getting this information took 6 days.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through the positions you've held and what you did? (probably 6 interviewers asked that same question)   Answer Question

Provisioning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calero (Rochester, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Again, the hiring managers took too much time in making their decision on the candidate. There seems to be a problem of overinterviewing in the recruitment process, and I waited too long to receive any updates. Spending weeks before sending a rejection email is insufficient.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calero (Rochester, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

2 phone screening with HR
    and a sit down with the PM that you will be working with.

In the one on one with the project manager, he went down the job description and asked various questions on each bullet point. Basically if you did your homework the interview was not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Decribe a time when you had to use data visulization to drive home your analysis.   1 Answer