Calian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Calian Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calian (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online on the calian website for a job in ontario a few days after the listing went up. Got a email to set up a phone screen. It was about half an hour, recruiter explained the job, told me more about the company and asked a few questions about the resume and expectations. Ended with conversation telling me interviews are in the next two weeks and I would get a call VERY soon to set it up, even sent me a email asking for details about my education and availability for interviews. Next four weeks came and went ( during which I left two voicemails, two emails and tried to contact the company directly to no avail) its as if they dropped off the earth. Then I found out they only interviewed a single person and gave them the job despite promising multiple people interviews. How do these people have large governments contracts. They do not hold a fair interview process or do their due diligence in finding suitable employees. Just in it to get their cut of govt money. Very disappointed. Companies should not hire through them. It's been months now and never heard back

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Calian (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Had all the qualifications and much more for the job. Recruiter calls for 10 minutes as she's expecting another call. This was NOT THE FORMAL INTERVIEW. She says nobody will be selected for job for 3 weeks. She will call me to set up day/time for interview. I hear nothing and call her 2 days later. She has ALREADY HIRED THE NURSE SHE WANTS!! Unethical, unprofessional, lying immoral, backstabbing witch.Do not trust anyone in this company
     This is the 2nd time this same dishonest, lying slug has done this to me. She cares about her image and $$$$$$$. Of course she gets a big commission. My qualifications were way better than who she hired. Makes me sick !!

Interview Questions

• How much money did you make at your other job?   1 Answer
    • She told me she was busy and could only spare 10 minutes to describe the job. Gave me the bums rush in a hurry. No idea why.   3 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calian (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and heard back almost immediately regarding a phone interview. (within 2 days) Scheduled the phone interview the next day. Phone interview took about 30 minutes: consisted of telling me more about Calian, and asking me fairly specific questions about my experience. Interviewer said she will let me know by the end of the following week if I will move on to the next stage. She also told me that there will be 2 or 3 in person interviews. This automatically made me realize the process would take at least a month.

I thought the interview went fairly well! In fact, I followed up with a very nice thank you email (the text I use that gets me a very high result from previous job interviews).

THEY NEVER CONTACTED ME AGAIN. This shows that they do not value the time and effort we as job seekers put in.

Instructional Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrie, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calian (Barrie, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a pretty standard process. I had a phone interview with their in-house recruiter, and then my CV was reviewed by the Contract Manager before it was presented to the client. I then did a face-to-face on site at the client with the Contract Manager and two other IDOs. The process was mercifully quick...arguably the fastest time-to-offer situation I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some specific doctrine and practice questions about my experience as it related to the unique environment in which I would be working.   1 Answer

Medical Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calian (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Over the phone for a position I was already in, interviewer was very disinterested in talking with me and did not understand my role in the department. Insisted that they would not take me on because I was still waiting for an exam result (which is not a mandatory criteria of my job, but an elective to provide better insurance coverage in the chance of malpractice lawsuits).

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I should be selected over my coworkers. I replied that I am not in a position to make that choice, everyone at that location had their own merits for being there. Apparently I was the only one asked this, as I was the interview right after a coworker who said that everyone else in the department was poorly equipped to do their jobs.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Borden, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calian (Borden, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial contact by local contract mgr requesting resume be sent to HR at head office. Then a phone interview from HR recruiting to gather tombstone info and clarify points from my resume. Final f2f interview with contract manager seemed like a formality where an overview of the day-to-day operation was explained as well as more details of the job were provided. Contract manager at the time was very professional. Contract manager has since changed, and not for the better.