California Employment Development Department Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.8

Tax Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at California Employment Development Department (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through a job fair at college. It took several weeks to hear from the recruiter. There was a written exam followed by an interview with three interviewers. If you haven't had any experience getting an interview like that, you will feel a little intimidated because the three interviewers will be asking you questions and writing down everything you say. They ask you many behavioral questions which are related to job tasks of the position. It would be helpful if you study about the job description.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your coworker says differently from what your manager told you?   Answer Question

Employment Program Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at California Employment Development Department (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Pannel interview with 2-3 managers. Personal appearance is very important, proffessional attire, conservative. Highlight accomplishments, how you solved a problem, what was the end result. Pannel was very receptive, friendly. High importance on your technical/computer skills, highlight ability to multitask and able to adapt to changes in work flow/assignments.

Disability Insurance Program Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at California Employment Development Department (San Bernardino, CA).

Interview

It starts with an online application and testing. Then those are narrowed down to candidates who scored well enough to be put onto a list. The list is reviewed and interviews are scheduled. It will be a panel interview where they will ask the basic questions but also scenarios that include customer service and claim processing. The whole process takes multiple months if they are not in a hurry to hire.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to assist a claimant who is angry about their claim not being paid?   1 Answer

Disability Insurance Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California Employment Development Department (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Short 2 question essay presenting a hypothetical situation with an upset customer and another outlining your skills for the position. Followed by 3 person panel interview with all questions handed to you beforehand. Generally a low stress interview that was not overly technical. Following up with the interview is recommended for this office.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an upset, and seemingly irrational customer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California Employment Development Department.

Interview

Tough.
    1. Fill out an application online with an online test.
    2. If you get selected, then you come in for an in-person interview. The interview composed of four parts: panel interview, math test, situational analysis where you have to write a written essay response, customer service test, and lastly a panel interview. All of these were done on the same day.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember but there were scenario type questions.   Answer Question

Accountant I Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at California Employment Development Department (Sacramento, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was almost one hour and thirty minutes.
    Breakdown:

30 min essay test. You have three essay prompt options. (Mini autobiography or Someone you admire or something you overcame)

15 min excel test. They wanted you to duplicate what was on the piece of paper they gave you into excel. It consisted of a table numbers in the columns and rows. You have to use formulas to figure out the total of each column, etc.

1 min ten key calculator test. You have to key in the list of 20+ numbers on the ten key calculator and total it at the end. Total was 50,000.

30-40 min panel interview. They asked typical behavioral interview questions. Make sure you study the duty statement before going into an interview so you can tie your answers around it.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview and list the skills you feel will benefit this position?   1 Answer

I took an offer with the same company, but with a different group.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at California Employment Development Department.

Interview

Were asked to answer basic questions on previous experience. There was a three panel judge of the program manager and two site managers. And we're given enough time to answer

Interview Questions

• What is one of your greatest/weakest strengths
      Why do you wish to work here   Answer Question

Accountant Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Employment Development Department.

Interview

5 to 6 situational questions. Preparations for what job entails can help you tremendously. Be yourself. Questions like what would you do when you encountered irate customer? Written Examination part is relatively easy. Applicant are required to write why he/she is qualified for an Accountant Trainee.

Accountant I (Specialist) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Employment Development Department (Sacramento, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial interview: One 20 minute examination consisting of an essay to describe one of three different scenarios from past jobs or life experience. Interview was a small panel consisting of 8 questions and taking about 30 minutes, depending on specific answers by the applicant. As this is a government position, the questions are standardized and there is not a lot of interaction between interviewers and interviewee

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where something you were in charge of did not go as planned. What was the outcome and how did you react?   Answer Question

Employment Program Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at California Employment Development Department (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First, you take a personality quiz online. The department will give you a call and then for your actual interview, it is a multi step process to be done in 1 day. There is a middle school level math test, typing test, sample phone call, and then a 2 person interview. If the interviewers approve, then you will be seen by the Department head. This whole process took several hours. I got a call back in less than a week, I believe.