California Pacific Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.7

Surgical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly short. They basically just asked me what were my strengths and weaknesses and I told them. It is very unfortunate for me that they let me go on such short notice without any warning. They also asked me what was my availability as far as shifts and times that I am free to work. I provided them with all of this information very accurately and I feel that they still pretty much did me wrong. They were not considerate of the fact that I am a first-time traveler and this is a very new experience for me. I don't think they cared about this at all. Not one bit...which lead leads me to the conclusion that I will never work for this hospital for future reference; even if I was offered a position. My overall experience was all bad.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a two part-interview; part one was a phone interview with the Vice-Chairman of the transplant department. We discussed his vision for the new program and how my experience would fit with their needs. We discussed the goals of the project and the funding available.

Part two was a phone interview with the department manager. She and I have worked together for over ten years so the discussion was brief. we discussed the position and each asked a few questions about needs and expectations. We discussed my need for a part-time position in order to focus on my children and determined a schedule that would work for both parties.

The interviews were somewhat casual due to the long-standing work history the three of us share.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about living kidney donation?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, I didn't know anyone, so no networking. I got a call 2 days later from the department manager, interview was 4 days later, offered a job 2 days later. Loved the floor, seemed well organized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center.

Interview

Long time to get through HR. But interview process was easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

OP PT Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center in January 2014.

Interview

No interview as of yes. I'm only contracted.

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Manager called, and set up a time to meet with her and the charge nurse. I met with them, was told the duties, and met with the staff, and looked at the unit. They did check references, and I had to do a physical, and drug test.

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

It was a panel interview, The questions revolved around the day to day operations and employee development and training. They also asked how I would go about doing this.

Interview Questions

• What value do you bring to the department?   1 Answer

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1 phone screen, 1 informational phone call and an in person interview with 2 managers & a PT. The process seemed unorganized - poor directions given, the support staff didn't know a PT department existed, the PT supervisor was difficult to get a hold of & response was slow.

Interview Questions

• The lack of behavioral questions was unexpected. All the questions were case based with specific, detailed questions on lab values, initial evals, and discharge recommendations (4-5 hypothetical case situations). The interview felt like they had a checklist of key buzzwords they wanted me to say - if I said the concept but didn't say the exact word, they kept awkwardly prompting. Several CA regulation specific questions were also asked.   Answer Question

The environment didn't seem supportive or focused on learning. It was hectic, chaotic & unaware employees. Gut feeling told me this was not a place that I'd enjoy working.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

There is a first come first serve basis on applying for an initial orientation. Once you schedule an orientation and attend it, you can pick which campus hospital you wish to interview at. At the California campus, there was only a one-on-one interview. I was asked basic questions just so that the recruiter can know who I am and see what my goals are.

Circulatory Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Three people interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• A lot of girls work here, do you mind being outnumbered in this manner?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.