Sutter Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.9

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I contacted the volunteer coordinator, who got back to me quickly. I filled out a simple application--biggest requirements are a reference and vaccines. The volunteer cycle (100) will start when there is an orientation, which I believe occurs only about 4 times a year. From the time I applied to the orientation, about three months passed. During this time, I received a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Sutter volunteer?   1 Answer

Evs Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview

Interviewed by three people. They were very nice. They ask a list of behavioral questions. Study before your scheduled interview , research their website it als provides a list of sample questions they might ask as well as questions you can ask them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a miscommunication with a customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Panel interview with 4 member of the Unit I was applying. Very easy going and systematic.

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked were all on the Sutter Web-site, the ones that can be found under interview tips, I believe.
      Tell us about yourself?
      Why sutter?
      A time you had a difficult family member?
      A time you had use your assesment skills and implement change?
      Time you took charge or showed leadership skills? Etc...

I had my interview at the end of one week and the following Monday was a holiday, I received my offer of employment on the Tuesday following my Thursday interview. I was asked to start the following Monday   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview

Had two rounds of interview. Everything went quite smooth. The person genuinely tried to hear about my experiences and skills. Always followed up on time. First round was on the phone. It was a screening interview with a few behavioral questions. Second round was a video interview. It was solely behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you showed initiative to tackle a challenging situation   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Vallejo, CA).

Interview

Average- 3 rounds- phone interview, one of one interview and then panel interview. Asked behavioral questions -- your past work, stress questions, financial analysis question, past experiences. Phone interview took like 30 mins, 1x1 interview took like 1hr and panel interview took another 1 hour. They were not on the same day.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Soquel, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Soquel, CA).

Interview

I was contacted shortly after submitting my resume, and I had phone screens with the hiring manager and recruiter. After the phone screens, I was contacted the next day and scheduled for an in person interview that took place the following week. I had to take the day off work, as the drive was 1 1/2 hours one way, and it was clear that I prepared for the interview and thoroughly researched the company and individuals that I was met with. I also sent a thank you note within three hours of my in person interview. Nobody has bothered to get back to me, which shows a complete lack of courtesy and a complete lack of respect for the time and effort that I put into the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most challenging aspect of this job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview

It was a fairly easy process. It was quick and simple. Just how smoothly the interview and hiring process went, I knew it would be a great place to work. Everything from the application, the 1st and 2nd interview on through the background and drug screening took about a week's time.

Interview Questions

• How well do you adapt to change?   1 Answer

Vice President, Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Alameda, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The entire process was "messy" to say the least.

The final stage of interviewing was with the CEO, physicians, and Director group (17 people total). The CEO asked me if I had children, the physicians broke out into laughter as soon as I left the room, and the Director group was cold and disengaged.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was professional, followup took a very long time. There were multiple panel interviews with no feedback for over a month. The interviews involved face to face, tela conference, and on the phone with a key decision mater.

Interview Questions

• How I would manage an off site work force.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview

I applied for a non-executive level position in their corporate department. I went through 4 rounds of interviews all in-person. I was reassured through the majority of the process that it was going well. During each round I was asked stock interview questions and given positive feedback. Yet, in the end it didn't result in an offer and they decided to proceed with an internal candidate.

I understand no process is perfect, but shows a complete lack on respect and professionalism on two key fronts.

First, that many rounds, especially in-person, were completely unnecessary. Regardless of the job, a hiring manager should have enough authority and decision making ability to hire the intended long before four rounds.

Secondly, it is completely inappropriate to have internal and external candidates apply in the same pool. This should be obvious given the built in rapport, experience and internal knowledge.

I am very disappointed in this organization for not being able to conduct a respectful interview process.