Calix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Salesforce Software Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Calix (Petaluma, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process moved at a nice pace. My first few interviews were over the phone, and they felt more like conversations than interviews. I was able to get a good feel for the organization, their goals, and what the expectations of the role were. They were able to get a good feel for me as a person, as well as my experiences. After three phone interviews I was flown out to Petaluma, CA for an onsite interview, which lasted roughly four hours. I met with all of the individuals I'd already spoken with over the phone, and a few additional people, including Talent & Culture. Again, the interviews felt more like conversations, and I left feeling like Calix was the place for me.

Interview Questions

• Have you been in a situation where you felt strongly about something, but the decision was made to go in a different direction?   Answer Question

Professional Services Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Calix.

Interview

Had a two part interview. One in person with Diana, and one over the phone with Dashonza. They were both very friendly and straight forward about what they were currently working toward and what they needed in an employee in this role. Very happy to be working here!

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Calix (Richardson, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Three Steps:
    1. HR Phone Screen from HQ
    2. Engineer Phone Screen from office applying to
    3. Video interview with 4 managers (2 at HQ, 2 at office applying to)

Full interview process was on phone or video chat.

Interview Questions

• Describe DHCP, RSTP, ARP, etc.
      How would you go about troubleshooting a problem?
      Answer Question

ISP Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calix in April 2017.

Interview

Initially, the recruiter scheduled 3 phone interviews with various managers. The calls were scheduled for a single day but due to scheduling conflicts, they were changed. After the interviews began the waiting game. I was told I would hear an answer by the end of t the week but I wasn't until 3 weeks later I was called back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you would be the best candidate for this position.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Calix (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Opportunity came through an outside recruiter, very well coordinated. The interview questions were very applicable to my position. Everyone was very professional and motivated. I very much enjoyed the thought process in the company and solution direction.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the value added features you would incorporate into the solution   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Calix (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone, during this the position was explained and questions about my related past job experience were asked. After this a second in-person interview was scheduled and an agenda was emailed to me days in advanced so I was able to prepare better and know exactly who I was going to be meeting with. I felt very welcomed and was able to get an overall feel of the organization and the role itself. The people I talked to and met with throughout the interviewing process were very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked very relevant questions relating to the job I was applying for and their environment.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Interview

Did an initial interview and was then given an email to pick and choose a day/time for the second roundof interview. Chose the date and then never heard from them never again. Very strange.

Interview Questions

Calix Response

Jan 18, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for posting this review and bringing it to our attention. Please contact me directly at michelle.smith@calix.com so that I can address this issue with our Talent Acquisition team - we strive ... More

IT Sys Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calix (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was good. Calix HR did a great job taking care of me and also making sure I had everything I needed. All in all I'd say the whole process went smooth and I give HR an A+ for how things turned out.

The team I interviewed with was great. It was good in the fact that it was the right fit in skillset and culture. I do not think I could ask for a better manager. There are going to be some really good challenges that I look forward to solving here at Calix.

Interview Questions

• Calix asked relevant questions that pertained to their environment and the job description. Other companies that I have interviewed with would ask questions that were not in scope of the job description or the environment. To me that is a complete waste of time. I am glad to be apart of a dynamic company that is working to change the telecommunications industry. I recommend Calix if you can get in and contribute. The culture is good!   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calix in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. 30 minutes. Discussion about my past experience and desires for new position. The recruiter was very friendly and asked me to continue to look at their "careers site" and contact him directly if there was a position I wanted to apply for.

Interview Questions

• What was my most important skill I could bring to this position?   Answer Question

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calix (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I initially reached out to Ann (Talent & Culture) about an open role I saw on Calix's website. After realizing that role wouldn't be the best fit for me, she mentioned another role that was going to be posted shortly. Over the course of the next 2 weeks, we had a few phone conversations. We discussed the role, pay, location, etc. She did a great job of keeping me updated on the status of the role. Eventually, she asked if I would be willing to fly out to San Jose for an in-person interview. I interviewed separately with 5 different people (one via video conference, the rest in person). Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to. Ann called me 2 days later to offer me the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work under pressure.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your biggest success.   Answer Question
    • What do you do if you have a question for your executive, but you can't get ahold of him?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Calix (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend of mine who works in Calix and once my resume was passed to the team manager, I received 3 calls regarding to the interview (2 technical interview calls + the team's manager)

after a quick screening I had an onsite interview scheduled. all the communications were organized and smooth.

My onsite interview included interviewing with 6 different individuals from the Sr manager to the engineers and HR and the last person was my manager.

long story short, everything sounded reasonable for me to join this team.

Interview Questions

• What is the main reason that you want to join this team.   Answer Question