Calix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Calix (Plymouth, MN).

Interview

The interview was broken up into multiple short interview sessions with different employees. The interviewers were all from different roles in Calix, such as teammates, supervisors, directors, and HR personnel.

Interview Questions

• What are the voltage and current characteristics for a simple RLC circuit?   Answer Question

Sep 27, 2019 – SVP, Talent and Culture

Great cycle-time from your application on-line to your interview. We value cross-functional teams with diverse experiences, skill-sets and backgrounds to enable us to have a robust interview process. Great to read that your experience was a positive one when interviewing at Calix!

Commercial Solutions Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Calix (Denver, CO) in March 2020.

Interview

The process was long! My interview process was especially long because COVID hit in the middle of my process. I had a total of 9 or 10 interviews. In addition to HR, I was able to talk with the hiring manager, peers, key working partners, and senior leaders. I was able to ask questions and talk about Calix's culture, processes and people. I really got a feeling for who and what Calix is as a company and if it would be a good fit for me. Of course, that is exactly why Calix has such an in dept interview process. Although the process was long, HR kept me informed of my progress, did a great job setting up and communicating meetings and answering HR type questions.
    Overall, I completely respected the interview process as much as the people interviewing me (I hope).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Calix?   1 Answer

HR Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Calix (San Jose, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Communication with the Talent & Culture (HR) team was seamless and the candidate experience was extremely thoughtful. The entire process, from first contact to signed offer letter, took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Calix in February 2020.

Interview

I interviewed with a friendly, knowledgeable team who asked great questions. The interview process challenged me to think deeper about my personal goals in my life as well as at Calix.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last time you learned something new at work and how you took on the challenge.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Calix.

Interview

The process involved multiple interviews from across multiple departments/facets of the organization. It helped to understand how my role will interact with the various facets of the organization. The interviews were done using Zoom and each person was friendly and engaging.

Interview Questions

• How would you advocate for a client to the executive leadership team when the client's organization is small in comparison to other clients?   Answer Question

Jan 28, 2020 – SVP, Talent and Culture

Our cornerstone of our interview process is a strong cross-functional team to be a part of the process to assess candidates and also for you to assess Calix! Great to learn it was a process that was beneficial for you. Welcome to the Calix Team! Diane

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Calix (Lincoln, NE) in December 2019.

Interview

Several phone/video interviews and an in person interview with my direct manager. Each interviewer had their own set of questions and was very helpful in describing their roles at Calix and their experience. The questions were mostly related to the position and were relevant.

Interview Questions

• Describe your success in your past roles?   1 Answer

Jan 28, 2020 – SVP, Talent and Culture

Thank you for your input on your interview experience and we are so excited to have you on board too! Great to learn that the questions and input was relevant to you. Welcome to the Calix Team! Diane

Regional Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Garden, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Calix (Winter Garden, FL) in December 2019.

Interview

Very positive and thorough. 100% via Zoom so no travel required and very accommodating to my schedule. The hiring team was extremely professional and I received constant updates throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a successful and unsuccessful sales opportunity. How did you lead the sales opportunity.   Answer Question

Jan 28, 2020 – SVP, Talent and Culture

Welcome to the Calix Team! We drive for an efficient and tight cycle-time for our field candidates. Excited that the process worked well for you. Let us know how we may continue to improve! Best, Diane

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calix in October 2019.

Interview

Timely & Transparent - The process moved along at a rapid pace. Calls were returned and questions were answered in a very timely fashion. Difficult questions were answered similarly by multiple interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to join Calix and why do you want to leave the company you currently work for?   Answer Question

Jan 28, 2020 – SVP, Talent and Culture

One of our key values/guiding principles is create, collaborate and communicate. Excellent to learn that your interview experience had solid communications! Welcome to the Calix team and trust you are off to an excellent start in 2020 in your role's purpose. Diane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Calix in October 2019.

Interview

A series of seven 30-minute interviews over Zoom. Everyone one was very professional and courteous. From the initial call through acceptance I became more certain this is an excellent company and I wanted to be a part of it.

Interview Questions

• Standard technical L2/L3. Questions about previous experience.   Answer Question

Jan 28, 2020 – SVP, Talent and Culture

Congrats and welcome to the Calix Team! Good to confirm that our team provided excellent candidate-care for you through the process too. Thank you for the feedback and once again...welcome! Diane

Dev Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calix (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Recruiter Screening followed by On site / Zoom Interview with Hiring Manager. This was followed by Interviews with Business Team member, Peer Interview by Business Relationship Mgr., and 2 Technical Mgr. , VP and HR.

Interview Questions

• Technical matters and experience especially with Integrations   Answer Question

Oct 25, 2019 – SVP, Talent and Culture

Congrats and welcome to our Calix team! Thank you for providing your perspective and feedback on our interview and assessment process. Thank you for enabling us to refine and improve this core process for our company. Please reach out with any ideas and/or feedback!