Calix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Salesforce Software Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Calix (Petaluma, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process moved at a nice pace. My first few interviews were over the phone, and they felt more like conversations than interviews. I was able to get a good feel for the organization, their goals, and what the expectations of the role were. They were able to get a good feel for me as a person, as well as my experiences. After three phone interviews I was flown out to Petaluma, CA for an onsite interview, which lasted roughly four hours. I met with all of the individuals I'd already spoken with over the phone, and a few additional people, including Talent & Culture. Again, the interviews felt more like conversations, and I left feeling like Calix was the place for me.

Interview Questions

• Have you been in a situation where you felt strongly about something, but the decision was made to go in a different direction?   1 Answer

Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Calix (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Initial call by recruiter followed by a short call by the hiring manager a week later. Didn’t hear from anyone but a month later was invited in for a 5 hour long interview at their office in San Jose. It went very well and was told that someone will follow up with me within a week or two. Well, no one called or followed up. I called and emailed the recruiter and his assistant several times to no avail. Finally I got a hold of someone else at Calix and they said the position was on hold. This is very unprofessional of Calix to leave people hanging and without any communication. After all, candidates put in time and effort also. The least a company can do is to inform candidates of the outcome weather the position has been filled or eliminated all together. To me it sounds like they don’t know what they want.

ADM Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Calix (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I got an interview with Calix through a recruiter for an opportunity at San Jose Site. The interview process was smooth and moved at a nice pace. The process consisted of an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, and subsequent 2 rounds of in person interviews. The first set was with HR, hiring manager, business partner and a functional senior manager. The second in person interview was with another business partner and hiring manager again. It was a positive experience and everyone was very professional and friendly. The questions were good (not easy) and engaging. I felt like they were really trying to get to know me and my background. From the first phone interview to offer, it took 6 weeks which is pretty good for industry standards. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and why you want to leave?
      Behavioral questions (strengths, weaknesses, conflict management, influencing, delivering results under pressure)
      Analytical questions
      Technical questions related to my field and this role   Answer Question

Systems Engineer - Customer Facing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calix (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied through Linkedin, got the call after 1-2 weeks from HR, followed by technical telephonic interview after 1 and half week and then on site after 2 weeks.

In the On site interviewer, i was supposed to talk with VP via conference but the setup was not properly configured and ended up both the parties hoping another person is not available. so they tried to rescheduled and later canceled the interview.

One of the question where I answer DHCP Decline and the interviewer refused and said there is no such thing as DHCP decline and told me to not to make up things. I tried to convince it might not be the answer but he was firm, so I didn't make arguments and continued with the interview. Analyze the situation and deal with the situation correctly.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for a lot of behavioral questions- Out of 6 rounds - 3 were on behavioral.
      Basic Interview questions on networking, Linux, and troubleshooting. BASICS.
      Preparation of through resume is the key.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Calix in September 2017.

Interview

I applied at Calix in September 2017. I had one phone screen and on site interview. Interview process was straightforward and smooth. I applied online. It took around 3 weeks.

Access Provisioning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calix (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter a week after I submitted application. Then interviewed by their senior engineer the following week. The interview went smoothly and answered all the questions, but no offer after all.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calix (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The hiring process for this position was lengthy, but not to long. I interviewed with seven people, but each person had a different role and the questions were very specific to the role they had. So there was very little redundancy in the questions. The best thing about that process was that I was allowed to interact with some of the people that I would work with, thus giving me the opportunity to vet their personalities. Overall, the process was pleasant and thorough for both myself and Calix.

Interview Questions

• Each person I interviewed with asked about process. Having a purpose in mind during any process that affects the customer or client seems to be very important.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Calix.

Interview

The interview process was very a phone interview, and then an offer. It was pretty immediate. The process was very fluid. They are still hiring at the time of this review.

Systems Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Calix (San Luis Obispo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was efficient and convenient. It consisted of a phone screening one week, that was cordial and friendly, followed by an in person interview by the team manager. Both the phone screening and in person interview were more like conversations then an interrogation, which was nice, and everyone was straight forward about when I would hear back from them about the next step in the process.

Interview Questions

• How has educating others in coding practices helped develop you as a programmer or has it not effected your personal programming?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Calix.

Interview

Initially I met with Calix TAC representatives at a career fair at Chico State. Then interviewed over the phone with the manager. Everyone was friendly and the process went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are in a situation where you couldn't answer a question, how would you respond to the customer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Calix.

Interview

Had a two part interview. One in person with Diana, and one over the phone with Dashonza. They were both very friendly and straight forward about what they were currently working toward and what they needed in an employee in this role. Very happy to be working here!