Caltrans Associate Governmental Program Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caltrans Associate Governmental Program Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Caltrans

2.5

Associate Governmental Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caltrans in July 2012.

Interview

You submit an application to the filed office then selected for an interview. The interview consisted of a panel of 3 department heads. You are shown the interview questions before the interview. The first step in the process is taking the State administered test for the position. Once on the list, you become "reachable". This requirement is valid for any agency in the State of California who is hiring for this position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Caltrans

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Caltrans (Sacramento, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

CA State has a process for applying for jobs. It can be a bit cumbersome, but it is the same for everyone. You first have to take and pass an exam for the job classification. Once that is completed you can apply for jobs in that classification. You must complete a standard state application for each job you apply for. It is best if you update the application for each job you apply for and tailor your job duties to fit the skills they listed in the job announcement. There is limited space on the job application be specific and address the skills listed in the job announcement.

Interview Questions

• Define "Excellent Customer Service". Give an example of how you have provided excellent customer service.

What steps do you follow to resolve issues? Give an example of how you've used those steps to resolve an issue.

What are the tools and resources you use to prioritize tasks?   Answer Question

Associate Governmental Program Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview had six or seven questions with a panel of three. the panel was very friendly. The questions were pretty standard. A lot was based on the job description that was posted - a question specifically asked the interviewee to tell the panel what the job entails. I felt like they already had someone selected for the position though. probably an internal candidate. i was not selected for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caltrans (Riverside, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied by postal mail, 30 days followed with an e-mail and phonecall to schedule interview. Had to present a 5 min presentation on the mission, values, goals and how I'd applied them every day at work. I had to wait over 30 minutes while other candidates were interviewed. Was the youngest there, I already knew I didn't have the job. No questions asked at all besides What I would do if two people were arguing and How I would handle an employee who says they aren't getting paid.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if people were arguing in the workplace?   Answer Question