Camden Property Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Camden Property Trust

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust (Austin, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

There was a total of 3 interviews. I had a phone interview with a recruiter and it was about 20 minutes and she mainly explained the role and asked me questions over customer service. I then went to go interview with the community manager at a property and she was very laid back and super friendly. I then got to interview with the regional director at the corporate office. After 4 weeks, I got a call from the Recruiter that I got the job. It was a long process but worth it. I can’t wait to start with this amazing company.

Interview Questions

Camden Property Trust Response

Jul 29, 2019 – Director of Recruiting

We are so happy to hear that you had a positive interview experience with us despite the length of the process. We strive to make sure we find candidates who will truly be a best fit with Camden and people who we will be able to set up for success in the team and company - sometimes this takes a little longer, but feel it is worth the time to build strong, close-knit teams. We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with us and are happy to have you joining the Camden family!

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust (Ashburn, VA).

Interview

I was recruited in person by a member of staff from the site I am working at now. I was then reached out to by Camden's Recruiter through a phone interview. I was then requested to be interviewed in person on site, and lastly I was interviewed by the District Manager through a Skype interview.

Anonymous Employee in Taneytown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust (Taneytown, MD) in April 2020.

Interview

I really enjoyed the interview process with Camden. It was long but definitely worth it. Every person I interviewed with was so easy to talk to and very personal. It made the whole interview process so stress free and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Camden?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust (Charlotte, NC) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by an interview at the community with the manager, followed by a final interview with the district manager at the regional office.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were standard "tell me about a time when..." and it was clear they were trying to get a sense of you as a person, not just a resume. You often work in small teams and cohesion is important.   Answer Question

Manager Applications Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust (Houston, TX).

Interview

started with a phone interview, then an in person interview with Director and VP. Followed by onsite interview with different groups for a full day. The entire process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Camden Property Trust Response

Jan 29, 2020 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview experience. We are glad to see that , although it was not the best fit at this time, you had an overall positive interview experience. Feel free to sign up for future job alerts at www.CamdenCareers.com for alerts on any upcoming opportunities that may be a better fit!

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust.

Interview

There were two interviews. One with the Property Manager and one with the District Manager. Both were fair polite and casual. There was a level of comfort in the interview. The question were reasonable and based on work experience.

Interview Questions

Camden Property Trust Response

Dec 27, 2019 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to hear you felt comfortable in both interviews as our goal is to make sure each position and community is a good fit for everyone involved. We cannot wait to see how you grow with Camden!

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust (Ontario, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online, waited about 3 weeks, and then decided to call in to check on the status of my application. I had a phone interview and then an in-person interview the next day. Interviewed with the Assistant Manager and Lead Technician. Interview was pretty easy going. They are all very friendly there. Questions were simple, but I'm pretty sure I didn't answer them too well. I was way too nervous. The lesson here is to always do mock interviews. It's been a while since I've had to interview, so I didn't think I'd be so anxious. Still, when I was doing my research on Camden they seem like a great company to work for, so good luck to anyone else.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a co-worker who did not want to listen to directions or was doing things improperly?   Answer Question

Dec 4, 2019 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking time to provide interview feedback and following up on your application status. We get several applicants for our positions and strive to respond to everyone qualified with a follow up. We hope you will sign up for job alerts and hopefully we will find a place for you within Camden that is a best fit.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust.

Interview

I interviewed with the district manager, property manager, and assistant manager. Basic interview questions. If management likes you, you’ll be fine. Dress to impress. The interview isn’t terribly long, but they like to ask a lot of personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past experience and how you deal with difficult customers   Answer Question

Sep 10, 2019 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience. It is important to us to find candidates who will thrive in our culture and work well with our existing teams which is why we focus a lot on personality and culture fit. We are so excited you accepted the offer and cannot wait to see your grow in your Camden career!

Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA) in April 2019.

Interview

There were a few technical difficulties scheduling my interview through Calendly, and with Skype but everyone was flexible and helpful! I had a phone interview with a recruiter, a phone interview with a property manager and an in person interview with a regional manager. The process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What 3 words do you think describe the role of a leasing consultant.   Answer Question

Jun 27, 2019 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We try to make all interactions for candidates, residents, and employees easy and fun. We are glad to hear this was your experience and are excited for you to join the Camden team!

Marketing Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process was normal. I had a phone screen with a recruiter and another phone interview with a hiring manager. They both asked about my experience and told me what the position would entail, and it seemed to be a perfect match. I was told the next step was to come in for a day of in-person interviews with the department heads and the team, but I was then ghosted. It's disappointing not getting the opportunity for a real interview, especially since I prepared a presentation for them. I would've preferred to get a traditional "we'll be in touch" rather than having my hopes up.

Camden has a great reputation, so I'm surprised. But I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Interview Questions

Camden Property Trust Response

Apr 17, 2019 – Director of Recruiting

We appreciate the feedback on your recent interview experience. We always strive to provide transparency for our candidates through the interview process and never want candidates to feel what you have described. We are sorry for any lack of communication and inconvenience that occurred during the process. Thank you for considering Camden and we hope you will apply for any future openings that may be a good fit.