Camden Property Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.5

Contact Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Delightful.

The Atmosphere was surrounded with positivity and hard workers. I sat down with an experienced representative to hear what kind of calls to expect. Followed up with an interview with Supervisor & HR Manager. I am excited to start working for Camden Property Trust.

Not only is their company impressive, but I live in one of their properties, and they are spectacular.

Interview Questions

• With my Commercial Real Estate background and degree, what made me want to join a multi-family REIT company.   Answer Question

Leasing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust.

Interview

I was contacted for a new build in a an area to Camden. The HR recruiter was very nice in the beginning. I moved my schedule around to accommodate their interviewer availability times on-site. Finally, on the third attempt at scheduling the interview, I got it done.

1) I was not impressed with the on-site management team (were quite rude actually)
    2) I almost feel like I was made fun of and discriminated against because of where I am from

The whole thing was unprofessional on their part looking back on it.

I was already employed making more than they were offering (maybe that's why they didn't really try to win me over?).
    As a professional, it is important for me to get ideas on why I am not offered a position or what I can do better on interviews. I specifically emailed the HR recruiter in very polite tone asking what I could do better and why did I not receive an offer... NO RESPONSE. She was quite poor at responding actually.

unprofessional - slightly rude - didn't vibe well

Interview Questions

• How would you tour with eccentric personalites ( ie instagram famous people), actors, etc.?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

I had one phone interview with HR, two days later an interview with an on site manager and two days later an interview with the district manager. Next day did my background and drug test and everything was finalized very quickly.
    Interviews are

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were greeted by a resident who had a question about their account, a prospect looking for a home and a resident angry about a maintenance problem at the time.

What creative ideas would you have fro a renewal gift or a resident event.

What prior customer service experience do you have?

What was one of the hardest situations that you delt with and what did you do to make the customer experience better.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust (Blacksburg, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I met them through my college job fair and immediately got an interview with them on the spot. The next day there was an on campus interview, very casual and informal and have not heard back since.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I first did a phone interview which was laid back yet professional. I then was scheduled for an in person interview a week later. I was directed to the wrong place as I was interviewing for a lease up, but once I went in for the interview it was great. I had the interview with the property manager at their regional office. It was laid back and I felt comfortable.

AP Senior Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR was pretty standard. Called into first interview with Hiring Manager and was told I would be called back for an interview with Controller. Was never called back and emails for status were subsequently ignored. Very unprofessional HR organization.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Camden and what do you bring to the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

Initially there was a phone interview, which took about 10-15 minutes. Then I was invited for an in person interview at the leasing location I applied for. It was a fairly easy and basic interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust (Corpus Christi, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Casual in conversation. They really want to know who you are, not just your qualifications. It is important that you have a good personality. As a leasing consultant, you are the first impression of Camden for prospects and must be able to illustrate Camden values.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiting process was extremely positive. The people interviewing you really seem to care about getting to know you and see if you fit the company culture. Culture is important to Camden and they take the necessary steps to ensure that you will be happy working there!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Camden Property Trust (Irving, TX).

Interview

I applied at a property and was contacted a couple days later for an interview the following week. I interviewed with the Property Manager and the Assistant PM. The questions were basic and a lot of them just asked how I would handle different scenarios. After the interview they told me they had someone apply internally and they would let me know either way. I knew right there that I probably wouldn't be offered the position because most companies are going to transfer their own people if they care about them. For the most part it seemed like Camden does do a lot of fun things for their employees! Two weeks later I sent a thank you email to the manager and she said they offered the position the internal candidate but asked if I would be willing to travel farther to another property that was available. I decided to give it a try and so I interviewed with the Regional Manager she also just asked basic questions about my experience and made me feel really comfortable. Then the Property Manager for that property happened to stop by and she was super cool and made me feel really comfortable. The salary was really low for what I felt I was worth and there was no negotiation, however the leasing commission system seems really nice so that's why their hourly is a little less. I interviewed on a Friday and was offered the position the following Monday. I would have taken it if they would have negotiated a higher salary however the further drive and lower starting pay would have not been in my best interest at the time. Overall good experience and I can really tell they like to have fun and treat their employees well. Weekends are a requirement of course and uniforms also required.

Interview Questions

• What was your closing ratio?   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time when you dealt with an upset resident or customer and how did you overcome?   1 Answer