Camelot Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.8

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Camelot Global (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with contract recruiter, in-person interview with lead corporate recruiter *next day*! I received a personal call from the contract recruiter with whom I spoke within 3 business days of meeting. apologizing for the delayed response (!) & thanking me for meeting.
     She shared that another candidate with more specifically-fitting experience was chosen (a decision I would have made, considering, too), but validated my value & qualification if better fitting industry experience had not been presented. Very warm, straight-forward people - honest & professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your approach to x. (seeking to understand questions: hows, whys)   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Camelot Global (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

The 1st stage was a phone interview, with the head of development and one developer. This involved asking me about my experience, telling me a bit about the company and what I would be working on, and also a short technical screening where I was asked how I would approach a few different situations. This interview went okay, though when I asked the developer questions about agile processes and a few other things, he must not have understood, because his answers had nothing to do with my questions.

The 2nd stage was supposed to be a 60 minute programming exercise followed by a 30 minute interview, but was beset by problems. Firstly, the interview confirmation I'd received asked me to prepare by revising technologies that weren't involved in the programming exercise at all! The "test" itself involved me working on a Java task on my own laptop, with two developers sitting on either side of me. The task was designed to be too long to finish, with the idea being that I would discuss with the developers how I would go about it, and that we would then focus on implementing some core part of it for the remainder of the test. However, I found myself quite flustered with both developers watching me code -- and one of them frequently staring at me intently?? -- and yet being expected to go about things "normally" as if this was a typical day at the office. I asked some questions and talked a bit about how I would go about aspects of it, but the questions were mostly bounced back to me, and at no point did anyone say "okay, so show us how you would code that particular part" or anything like that; I ended up being frustrated and just trying to code what I could in the time I had, in the absence of anyone actually guiding the test. At one point -- and presumably confusing being flustered with being incompetent -- one of the developers actually asked me if maybe Java was a language I wasn't very comfortable with. This was during the test! (And this was the same guy from the phone screening who answered my questions incorrectly.)

The test started late, overran and then the developers had to rush off to attend another meeting, so the second part of the interview was skipped altogether, with no apology or explanation! On the whole, this ended up being THE WORST INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD.

Interview Questions

• During the phone screening: How would you parse information from a text file?   1 Answer

Senior Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Camelot Global (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

1. Initial HR discussion, very basic, very polite HR lady as someone would expect
    2. Technical telephonic interview.
    The interviewer was a guy who was speaking with a very thick accent and was using the loudspeaker, so it was quite difficult to understand what he was saying at times(I speak English fluently thank you very much). He was quite annoyed when I asked him to repeat himself on a couple of occasions. Very rude person, the interview was pretty much an interrogatory. He must have asked over 50 questions, all in a sequence, I have never encountered anything like that. The interview was supposed to be a discussion, it turned into the Spanish inquisition. Judging on the way he treats people he's probably a really bad manager, I pity the people working under this guy.

Interview Questions

Camelot Global Response

Dec 20, 2016 – Recruitment Business Partner

This is not a review for Camelot Group but for Camelot Global. We dont hire Senior Java Engineers. Camelot Global are a separate business to us.

Thanks

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Watford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Camelot Global (North Watford, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview
    Face-to-face interview
    Informal and relaxed interview process, was not a daunting experience this could be due to the start-up atmosphere of the organisation. Do your research on the betting or gambling industry, specifically the lottery. As this is where other candidates have tripped up in the past.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions - this was based on experience. Interview was very much a conversation and scenario based i.e. what would you do in this scenario & how would you tackle this problem. There are no right or wrong answers, it all about one's thought process   Answer Question