Campbell Ewald Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2018

2.7

Associate Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Campbell Ewald (Detroit, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

Great HR people! Communicative and pleasant to speak with. Even when there wasn't a solid update on next steps as they waited for feedback from hiring managers, I was contacted just to check-in. That let me know that they were interested in me as a candidate and it's clear they take recruiting seriously. I have interviewed with companies where weeks go by with no contact or updates and then you get a call out of the blue asking for another in-person interview that you have to squeeze into your schedule. Despite the fact that the hiring team was busy, every effort was made to accommodate my schedule, which told me a lot about the people I would end up working with.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your personal brand in a few words.   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Campbell Ewald (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a couple phone calls from HR in Detroit, then went in for in person. There was a lot of time between calls working out details but overall HR was very nice and very helpful.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Campbell Ewald (Warren, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

Went nicely with one other developer and the manager. Given through recruiter. Had to do a prior interview with recruiter. Standard questions asked and answered. Nothing too crazy. Went in, talked with everybody, left. After a few days, I was contacted by the recruiter that I got the job. I put in my 2 weeks at my current job and that was that.

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Campbell Ewald.

Interview

Only went on 2 interviews. One with HR, the other with 2 creative directors. Pretty straight forward. No tricky questions.

Negotiation

There was none.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Campbell Ewald (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I got asked to interview after I filled in the only application. 3 weeks later the HQ in Detroit interviewed in on the phone twice then asked me to come in to meet the team 2 weeks later. I got offered the job the same day and even negotiated salary the same day.

Interview Questions

• About myself and my past jobs   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Campbell Ewald in May 2013.

Interview

Interviewed in May 2013 over the phone. Next I came in and met with the department supervisor and was offered the position in August 2013 after several people quit because of lack of training.

Negotiation

You were told that you would start at 25000 . There was no negotiation.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Campbell Ewald (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up a time for a phone interview with HR. After speaking with the HR lady, she immediately scheduled me for two in-person interviews, one with the Account Executive and another with the Account Manager. The Account Executive asked me pretty hard questions, while the Manager made it more of a comfortable conversation.

Interview Questions

• What advertising ad from the last 2 years was most compelling to you and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Campbell Ewald (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring team was very kind and prepared with a list of basic questions. Each question regarded my background and future goals. The questions were easy and the interview took less than an hour.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Campbell Ewald in April 2012.

Interview

I was first offered an on-campus interview set-up by a professor at my institution, which was pretty straight forward. It only lasted about 20 minutes and the interviewer asked the straight-forward questions, i.e. why am I pursuing advertising, which department(s) am I most interested in, what makes me qualified, etc.

After that first interview, I was offered a second-round, group interview, several months later. Again, no surprises, but it is a bit awkward. They sit you down in front of 3 to 4 agency managers with a group of other candidates and are asked the same questions down the line.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in advertising? Sounds easy, but when you have to listen to 3 other candidates answer the question and then have to say something original on the fly, it's more challenging than you might think.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Campbell Ewald (Warren, MI) in April 2010.

Interview

Got brought into a conference room with 2 of the team members, who would eventually be my managers, and got asked a series of standard interview questions. Nothing was out of the ordinary, but they did make me feel very comfortable when they got towards the end of the interview and we started to discuss local sports teams and other non-business topics.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary - just standard marketing questions. I don't think that there was even a business case question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an intern, it was a "take it or leave it" kind of offer.