CanAm R.S. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CanAm R.S. Interview Questions

Interviews at CanAm R.S.

1.6

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CanAm R.S. (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is three-step process. The initial interview is behavorial. They ask questions to understand the personality.They were quite considerate in rescheduling the interview. The second round of interview seemed fairly field oriented. An observation-"The interviewer discusses the work schedule. They mentioned about working on weekend". This was not mentioned before the job.

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CanAm R.S. (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

First it was a telephonic interview then one on one at the office, a training manager called me in Costco to show the business they are doing. After this i had a third round interview in the office

Interview Questions

• What do you know about direct and indirect marketing?
      How competitive you are in sales?
      Are you looking for full time or part time?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CanAm R.S. (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I went in for a job as a financial intern but was explained that the job is a sales job as such (inferred) and was not able to do any intern work. I was told "we like you" and was told to move onto the next round of interviews. The next round was at a Canadian Tire store about 30 mins from my house, where the interviewer (and later my trainer) told me about the "marketing job" and what is direct marketing (sales) and was asked to send a letter to the interviewer about what I have to offer the same night (Later I learned when I became a hiring manager that it means nothing, they do not read it). The third round was an assistant manager who showed me the salary and compensation chart. Later found out that again this was meaningless and pretty much hired everyone

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CanAm R.S..

Interview

The initial phone call to set up an interview was very rushed, and when I said I couldn't come in until the next month the HR representative told me she would hold a spot for me, which seemed to mean that not a lot of people were applying and it wasn't very competitive. I asked her a bunch of questions about the website because it was very vague, and her answers were even more vague.

When I asked what it was in my resume that made them choose me as a candidate, she was incredibly vague and I could tell she had not looked at it once. When I asked what exactly I would be doing in my position, her answer was something to do with sales, which seems to match all the rest of the reviews of this company. When I asked about their clients (it's a marketing company, they should have clients), she said that they market their own products, such as cosmetics. When I asked about their philanthropy (ie. who the charities are that they work with), which is its own tab on the website so it looked important, she said that she "didn't know much about it, but they sometimes hold sporting events". All in all, it was a very unhelpful phone call, and I did not end up going in for an interview because the company seems like a scam.

Interview Questions

• Q: If they call you, ask about the job position and ask for specifics.   Answer Question

Advertising/Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CanAm R.S. (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Pros: The actual interviewer seemed like a nice and friendly guy

Cons: It was exactly as other people have described here, almost word for word, right down to the receptionist booking other interviews in front of us while myself and other applicants waited to go in. They don't even look at your resume until you are literally sitting in front of them in the interview.

Basically, unless you are prepared to stand up on your feet for very long hours at their events, selling face to face and taking very long and unpredictable commutes everyday without being reimbursed, don't even bother with them. It feels like a scam, just wish they would be much more upfront in their online job postings about what they really are hiring you for.

I asked about what to expect in terms of salary, they didn't want to tell me- I was told that you could only find out in the third interview. I asked about their clients, received a very vague answer. They asked very little to nothing about my experience or education and the entire interview was probably 5 minutes long.

Events Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CanAm R.S. (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Showed up early to my interview, but my interviewer showed up almost half an hour late. Was not even interviewed by the person the who was stated to do so in the e-mail.
    Many postings were put up for different positions but they're actually only hiring for general sales positions with the opportunity to move up in to those positions. Interview consisted of a history and background of the company and an overview on what roadshows were. I said I was not too familiar with road shows but they offered to have me move to the second phase anyways. Seemed fishy, so I did not accept.

Seemed fishy.

Promotions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at CanAm R.S. (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed in Calgary AB, 5 Richard Way. Sounded like a professional position but the company is a face-to-face marketing sales company. No wage was revealed, barely asked any meaningful questions. Second round is running a demonstration in one of their partner stores( Costco, Canadian Tire etc.) Travel required in most cities. Not going to attend other rounds of interview, not what I want in a job

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CanAm R.S. (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

1-3 rounds must qualify for each. Be on you're toes but most of all have a positive attitude and outlook on life. DON'T BE SCARED OF OPPORTUNITES THEY ARE AMAZING.

Interview Questions

• Out of the 30 people we interview today what will out you aside from the rest?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CanAm R.S. (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewer wasn't there met with another person. Had not seen my resume until I walked in. Fake job they are looking for entry level stooges to work in stores for them schilling their contracted products. joke. Waste of time. false ad listed under Job Window stay away.

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CanAm R.S. (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

They never see my resume, they are looking for managers and they offer you a entry level promotion position at 12.22$ False Advertising ...seem as a scam to me ...they put 2 candidates at the same time, they are not serius