Cancer Research UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2018

2.8

Events Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (Birmingham, AL) in February 2018.

Interview

They called it assessment day, which consist of a one-hour presentation from the CCUK, following with an out-door assessment in about 20-30 minutes and a 15-minute - interview. There were about 7-8 candidates and the team was very nice and supportive.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied in November
    Interviewed end of January
    Online competency questions and application form
    Telephone Interview with two employees
    Next stage would have been face to face interviews in their offices

Policy, Information and Communications Grad Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Rounds of online tests, followed by telephone interview. Then assessment day. Had the candidate been successful at the assessment day, there would have been a final interview stage also.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a small part of the assessment day. It was competency focussed. E.g. Can you describe a time when you demonstrated out of the box thinking and innovativeness?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (Islington, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Online application, I received an email with the interview offer a week after the closing date, the interview was one week late. The interview was mainly based around competencies & experience. Very pleasant for an interview. I heard back about the interview just under two weeks later.

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn and their HR department contacted me and arranged a Face to Face interview. The interview was with an engineering manager and a Senior Automation Engineer.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Online application, aptitude test, numerical test, assessment day. Consisted of group exercises, reading tasks and then one on one meetings. Also a panel presentation and questions. Concluded with a tour of the building.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelsea, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (Chelsea, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Very welcoming and short, just asking how many hours I can work and showing me around the store. Going through Health and Safety procedures and how the store is run. Quite easy as it's for a volunteering job so don't expect anything hard.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received an invitation for an online test a couple of days later, the topics given were much more difficult than the job requirements, but I still made it passed and received an on-site interview invitation. The on-site experience was not so good. I just found the people I met were not passionate about their work at all. I could felt the interviewers were quite fake when giving their answers. I didn't think they were willing to work at cancer research.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

The interviewers first described the internship a bit to me and then asked questions. At the end I was able to ask a few questions. They were very nice and made sure to make me feel as comfortable as possible.

Events and Ops Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied with cv and cover letter
    Very accomodating when arranging interview
    Interviewers were two members of the team
    Asked basic interview questions and two scenario questions at the end. Overall took around 30 minutes. Found out result the next day and they offered feedback