Cancer Research UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cancer Research UK Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.8

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Online application, aptitude test, numerical test, assessment day. Consisted of group exercises, reading tasks and then one on one meetings. Also a panel presentation and questions. Concluded with a tour of the building.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

The interviewers first described the internship a bit to me and then asked questions. At the end I was able to ask a few questions. They were very nice and made sure to make me feel as comfortable as possible.

Events and Ops Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied with cv and cover letter
    Very accomodating when arranging interview
    Interviewers were two members of the team
    Asked basic interview questions and two scenario questions at the end. Overall took around 30 minutes. Found out result the next day and they offered feedback

Shop Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK in October 2017.

Interview

Application process was simple and easy. Took around 1 month which was standard but kept up to date through emails and through the site which was good. The interview which was a competency based was very intense meaning experience was key in answering the questions. Even though it was intense both interviewers were fantastic and I was made to feel completely at ease, prompted as to when I should elaborate further on the questions I was answering. As I have had many interviews before I can easily say that this is one of the best interviews I have had.

Interview Questions

• How would you maximise sales and profits when working at Cancer Research?   Answer Question

Data Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied directly through the CRUK website. I received very helpful, friendly automated email response. I was subsequently contacted by the hiring manager by email to arrange an interview date and time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience developing and implementing Data Strategies in other organisations   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (Islington, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through company website, within a week received an email invitation to a phone interview, after the initial screening just to make sure I had the required experience, the hiring manager explained that they would like to invite me for a face to face meeting and will be in touch very shortly with a proposed date and time.

Innovation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Well prepared interviewers in both interviews I had. Very relaxed, friendly and conversational. Mix of pre-prepared 10min answer to an industry relevant topic and competence/behavioural questions. Questions were closely aligned with the needs of the role so think about and research the organisation and the role.

Interview Questions

• Several questions about your management philosophy/style. Examples of management challenges, what do you expect your biggest challenges to be in this role etc.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process took about 1 month from submitting online application to receiving the offer. It was a relatively easy process with a competency based online application form and interview.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I completed an online application form, that mainly asked about my work experience and the skills necessary for the role. About a month later, I was called in for an interview, which mainly comprised of competency based questions.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (Islington, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Online application followed by an email invitation to an interview at Angel Building in Islington. I was interviewed by three people and it lasted approximately 40 minutes. They asked me competency based questions and I was informed 2 weeks afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Why have you applied for an internship at CRUK and what skills and experience do you hope to gain during the placement   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a project or a piece of work you are most proud of   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you have influenced others to change their minds about something   1 Answer
    • Can you tell us about a time when you spotted an opportunity to solve a problem or improve something that no on else has noticed?   1 Answer