Cancer Research UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cancer Research UK Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

After the application I was invited to an assessment day at the London office which comprised of a tour, group task and individual interview. After this I was invited to a second interview which involved an individual presentation and interview. All employees involved in the interview process were very friendly and welcoming.

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

First stage group task then a interview when asked about key competencies. The second stage involved a presentation that was prepared prior to interview then a interview with head of HR and another person. This was quite informal.

Busineess Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK in June 2017.

Interview

Applied directly on website sending in my CV. Got an invite for a telephone screening within a few days. The HR person was very polite and got things sorted swiftly, apart from the feedback request which I am still waiting for

Interview Questions

• My experience and work history. Also wanted to know if I appreciated the differences between agile and waterfall. Nothing too worrying and the questions were easy in my opinion   Answer Question

Promotional Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

The application process was straightforward, I had to submit a CV and answer some questions relating to the job. I received an invitation to a recruitment day within 2 weeks of submitting the application. The day started with an introduction about CRUK and information about the job. This was then followed by some group activities and a break before a competency based interview.

Research and Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

There was a one hour interview with two panel members followed by a test sent through by email later in the week. The women that interviewed me clearly had little to no experience interviewing, as they were both very quiet and seemed extremely nervous themselves. They hardly engaged with me and made me feel considerably more nervous than I would have been. Both seemed young and inexperienced.

There was a lot of questions, a little too many in my opinion, it was unnecessary. Also, I believe interviewers are supposed to prompt you a little if they require more information, but this did not happen.

Also, I was surprised to find they didn't ask me why I wanted to work for CRUK? They asked what made me want to apply for the role. But not a single question about the company. Which was annoying, as the bulk of my research on CRUK was based on them as a company. I had to find a way to work, what I had learnt, in the questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What software have you used at University?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for this role?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable about presenting?   1 Answer

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview consisted of a 15 minute task at a computer, answering mock emails to several types of people that you are likely to come across on a daily bases, followed by a competency based questions by a panel of two members of the department.

Area Support Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online then received an email inviting me for an interview. The interview was over 55 miles away but I was very keen to attend. Arrived slightly early so asked to use the toilet, I was told I would have to go to the mc Donald's round the corner as interview was taking place. Finally got to start interview 30 minutes late as interviews were running late. Was told nothing about the role at all including salary area or what was expected etc. Was asked a lot of stupid questions which test how quickly you can make up a story to impress them. I was also asked about an old colleague of mine who has recently joined CRUK who I didn't particularly like because they were lazy and took the credit for everyone else's work. I thought this was totally unprofessional. I didn't get the job and it's taken the best part of a month to get the feedback I requested. I really had a lucky escape. Worst interview I have ever had and I think they had decided on me before I arrived

Interview Questions

• Not one that had anything to do with me as a person, avoid like the plague   Answer Question

Supervisor/Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied for the job online and was emailed about an invitation to an interview, two days after applying. The email was very clear on where the interview was, who would be interviewing me, how long the interview would take and what I needed to bring with me. The two interviewers were very friendly and made me feel very relaxed. It was a casual yet formal interview.
    I was told I would be contacted, whether successful or unsuccessful, within the next week or two but to contact them if I don't hear from them within this time.

Internship Interview

Application

Interview

I heard back from Cancer Research UK within a week of applying online with an offer for an interview. The told me it would be roughly 45 mins and would be competency questions. On the day I had 2 interviewers (both very friendly) asking mostly competency based questions. The atmosphere was more relaxed and welcoming than I expected. The interview lasted about 30mins in total.

Interview Questions

Cancer Research UK Response

Aug 11, 2016 – HR Recruitment Intern

Thank you very much for writing this feedback. We are really sorry that you were not successful, but we wish you the best of luck in your future career plans. Kind regards.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I had a telephone interview following a self recording of pre-determined interview questions - this was a new process they were trying out for the first time. The self-recording aspect was no problem and they gave you a chance to practice. The phone call had a lot of echo from their side which made it difficult to hear properly.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is one of the biggest challenges for policy makers at the moment?
      Why did you apply to the graduate scheme at cancer research uk?
      What skills do you think you could bring to this particular position and why?
      Can you think of a time when you have done something innovative to solve a problem, what was the outcome?
      Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Cancer Research UK Response

Aug 11, 2016 – HR Recruitment Intern

Thank you very much for your review. We are really sorry that you were not successful in your application, but we will take into account the views about the telephone interview. We wish you the best... More