Canon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Canon (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

3 round interview. First met with HR manager and a few managers. 2nd time went in to meet the same guys again and planned a field ride. The field ride was basically seeing how the daily routine of a sales rep. Going out with one of their reps for a full work day. Good experience. Literally went door to door and eventuallly handed out about 100 business cards. Seemed like out of the 100
    People 1-2 people were interested in the business

Interview Questions

• How are you going to take doors being slammed in your face?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canon (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview that was very casual yet, awkward. Tried to engage my interviewer but he seemed like he was busy and did not have enough time. I am very good at communication, but just could not get the message to him as he did not seem to be interested as much. He was helpful in explaining on what he does and what he was looking for, however, which was a good way to see how I can help the company grow working under him.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked on Java and testing?   1 Answer

Clerical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canon (Melville, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Human resources rep was pleasant and attentive. Did not keep me waiting. Overall a wonderful campus and atmosphere. Made it less stressful and easy to be myself during the interview process.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Canon.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a hr in my university. The hr contacted my and assigned an interview for me. I drove to their office in the long island. Three software engineers interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Every detail about my resume. My school projects and my working experience.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canon (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Brief 20-30m phone interview with hiring senior scientist and associate scientist. Followed by 45-60m video interview with multiple people in the department. All questions were based on previous lab/research experience. Few introspective questions, (positive/negatives) of yourself during the screen.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canon (Melville, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people at a time from the department, casual but professional - typical interview questions but also trying to get to know me and who I was as a person to see if it was a good fit for both me and the department

Interview Questions

• Process of accomplishing a work task   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canon.

Interview

Casual phone interview with two engineers, mostly technical in nature. A combination of reviewing my resume and qualifications, and technical knowledge questions. Received an offer from HR quickly and given about three days to decide on the offer. Asked for an extension and given an extra few days.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canon.

Interview

Classic - first screening interview then the second interview with a prepared presentation. No specific difficulty, good discussion for an hour and a half. HR involved as well as hiring manager and director. No good or bad answer type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tested on skills, specific to the market. How to manage customers? How to build dedicated offers?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranford, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canon (Cranford, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Phones interview and in person interview. The guy on the phone was nice. I met with this man Evan for an in person interview. Very rude and very full of himself. Everything I answered, he followed with " I'm not understanding what you said." I'm pretty sure what I said was easy to understand. I didn't ask him the hours I'd be working because the recruiter already answered that for me. Evan said, " I'm surprised you didn't ask me the hours you're working." I said the recruiter already informed me and then Evan said oh ok. I knew in the middle of the interview that there was no way I want to work for this man. I didn't even send a thank you note, when typically I would send one after every interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canon.

Interview

Very long process for the role. Phone interview, in person interviews, online assessment. The first 2 interviews in person went well- asked detailed questions, good conversation, felt comfortable and open dialogue. The last interview was very awkward in terms of the questions asked - there didn't seem to be a purpose for the 15 minute meeting except to meet me and ask me a few introspective questions. Overall it seemed like a good developmental opportunity however the culture was lacking.