Capitol Office Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

3.1

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions (Columbia, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview with the company's HR person. The HR person thought I would be a good fit and recommended me to take a personality test. I then was asked to do an interview with the hiring manager. He asked me the typical interview questions then took me out on the field to test my cold calling skills.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Very smart and influential managers. They invest time in getting to know the candidates and it is not a quick process. Just as they invest time you should do the same. I met and spoke with 7 employees to ensure it was a right fit for me. I suggest everyone does the same.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions (Columbia, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

You will meet your potential Manager, VP of Sales and President of the company. The entire staff is friendly and makes the process easy. You get to experience what you will do for your career with COS.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions.

Interview

Phone call from recruiter, then HR, then the VP. In person interview with sales manager and after you do a ride along for half a day. If they like you then you return to meet with the President.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate quota because it is very unreasonable when you first start.

Managed Print Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter, in-person interview with a sales manager in the DC office, and then a "field ride" which is basically shadowing someone in the office and on sales calls. Basic interview questions but once you move on they ask you more sales specific questions.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions.

Interview

I really appreciated the detailed and thorough interview experience. The process took some time, but it was for good reason. This gave me a great chance to see if I was a good fit for the company and luckily for me I got an offer! I am looking forward to having a great career at COS!!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where the team fell apart. What was your role in the outcome?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions.

Interview

Process took about 5 weeks in total. Initial contact by recruiter, phone interview with one office manager, another phone interview with different office manager, face-to-face interview with the second office manager followed by full day shadowing a current employee, interview with VP, final interview with President. Was a lot to do and at times was confusing. Throughout the process was told different salaries and even positions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was offered a better position than I was originally being interviewed for.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions in November 2014.

Interview

call from recruiter then face to face meeting with manager, ride along then face to face meeting with VP the next interview was supposed to be with the pres but never happened. was told they decided to move on 1 week before start date.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

ask lots of questions, take notes, ask more questions, take more notes, ask how they became successful or what it takes to become successful, ask about commission, ask about salary, ask about environment, ask about transportation reimbursement

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

MPS Print Specialist Major Accounts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions (Fairfax, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met face to face with the hiring manager and had a pleasant conversation. He then sent me out in the field for a day to shadow with another rep. I didn't mind, since it helped me avoid surprises. It also helped me gain confidence since I went out with one of their most successful reps and could clearly see that I had far more sales skills and experience than this person.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't recall the specific questions since this was a couple years ago, but I do remember him wanting me to share information about my prospecting strategies and what I know about COS.   1 Answer