Cardlytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cardlytics (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied Online. Contacted by recruiter and after a brief discussion, was sent a HackerRank test to complete (Moderate level SQL and programming exercises). It has been 3 weeks since i submitted the test, but still have no response, even after multiple follow ups requesting feedback. I would have at the least expected a response as to why I was not selected if that was the case.

Interview Questions

• Only spoke to recruiter about skills and compensation expectations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cardlytics.

Interview

I met a recruiter at the career fair on campus. Said recruiter took my resume and contacted me about a week later with an assessment. Submitted the assessment a week later.

Interview Questions

• Bunch of questions related to developing programs and then writing unit tests   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cardlytics (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, scheduled a phone-interview via email; Applicant's pitch followed by questions from the interviewer who was the actual head of the Marketing department. the lady was very polite and professional

Interview Questions

• Asked about the certificate program that I listed on my resume   1 Answer
    • Asked about presentation skills (asked for samples when I offered)   Answer Question
    • Asked about leadership (i think)   Answer Question

Platform Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cardlytics in March 2016.

Interview

phone interview - ask me the background and some basic behavior questions and then give me a background question and ask me ask questions based on the background.
    during the phone interview, I need to provide him some detail about the projects and internship I had done

Interview Questions

• tell me about your background
      how do you know about the company and the job   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cardlytics (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Screening process involved a written programming assignment with a one hour time limit. Then talked to three different people ranging from an engineer to middle management to a VP. We all mostly talked mostly about my experience and what I was looking for in a new opportunity. The interviews were all fairly conversational. They would ask me questions and I'd ask them questions right back.

Interview Questions

• Translate several English language problem descriptions into SQL queries.   Answer Question
    • Basic questions about object-oriented programming.   Answer Question
    • Questions about what differentiates various kinds of tests (unit/functional/integration/performance/etc) as well as how to validate whether a test passed or failed.   Answer Question
    • Questions about continuous integration and what goes into building a good CI environment.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cardlytics (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

initial phone screening with recruiter which consisted of details about work experience,basic SQL questions, 1st onsite interview with manager and the team, it was white boarding session, I was given a ETL requirement and asked to design a process,rest of the questions varied from
    basic level to advanced level...2nd onsite interview was with manager and vice president, VP did ask extensive behavioral questions....

Interview Questions

• Design/Explain a ETL process to meet so and so business requirements..   Answer Question

Campaign Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cardlytics (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was referred to Cardlytics by a previous employee. During the interview process, I had an initial phone interview and then a week later, I had an in-person interview with three separate groups: two one-on-ones and one group of three.

The in-person interview was actually fun and the group of three asked out-of-the-box questions in addition to normal questions. The one-on-ones were more business-oriented and asked more stereotypical interview questions. I also had to take a skills test at the end where I had to give my opinion on an advertising campaign proposal and do some math to calculate percentage increases.

I was told it would take up to two weeks to hear back about whether I got the job or not. I emailed one day before the two-week mark asking about the status of my application and for any updates regarding the process. I received back what seemed to be a form letter saying I didn’t get the job and it was worded in a way that made me wonder if I would have gotten that information had I not emailed inquiring about it.

I was excited about the job and the culture of the company and the employees were very nice during my interview, but I was turned off by the detached and impersonal nature of the follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• The one-on-ones asked standard interview questions like "Tell me about your background," "What was a mistake you've made in your job and how did you handle it," and "What do you like and not like about your former or current employers." The group interviewers had a mix of more atypical questions like "What's your spirit animal," What's your favorite movie," and "What's the last book you read," in addition to normal questions like "Where do you see yourself in five years."   Answer Question

Independent Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cardlytics (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

There was only one interview after some email correspondence. I came to the office, was showed around by an HR person, and interviewed by two upper level employees in a casual setting at the office. After leaving to talk it over for only a few minutes, they came back and told me that they wanted to give me the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cardlytics.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. I would meet with a panel of the team I would be working with. HR seemed enthusiastic and eager to establish several days that would work best for me as well as the panel I would interview with.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cardlytics (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screening with someone in HR. I was then brought to the office to meet with 3 different people separately. It was very informal. I was sent a case study and questions to go with it, an hour before the interview and had to be prepared to talk about my answers there.

Interview Questions

• The common interview questions concerning my experience and if I knew much about the company. I also had to complete a case study beforehand and bring it to the interview. I discussed the answers with one person. I had a the most candid conversation with the person currently in the position I was interviewing for.   Answer Question