Cardlytics Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Cardlytics Co-Founder & CEO Scott Grimes
Scott Grimes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Extreme flexibility and work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Lots of opportunities and activities offered during the workday and afterwards (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Cardlytics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees have freedom to get their jobs done, very little micro-management, leadership encourages grass-roots events like work-outs, philanthropy, and fun events. Atmosphere is dynamic and collaborative. Management shares lots of business information so everyone understands the big priorities. Very successful platform with banks! This has got to be one of the best places in Atlanta to work.

Cons

Office location at PCM is fun but lunches and parking can be expensive. Also difficult to get to if you are OTP.

2. "World of Opportunity at Cardlytics"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cardlytics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Cardlytics for almost 4 years - it is a company full of opportunity for employees who are motivated, willing to work hard, and those full of ideas that they are excited to bring to life and execute. There is an opportunity to partner with many areas of the business (analytics, operations, sales, product, marketing, development) and work together to develop solutions to solve client challenges or market needs. There is big opportunity for leadership, opportunity to manage teams, and opportunity to work on very exciting & challenging work for clients. There is never a dull moment - always a new product, a new client problem to solve, new hires to train, so for those looking for a fast-paced and exciting work environment, Cardlytics provided that to me for 4 years. I still think the data set, the analytics, and the product itself is one of the best in the market for clients. As a result of the unique insights Cardlytics provides, we were often viewed as a true partner to clients as opposed to a "vendor". Another pro - Most of the management is always looking for ways to keep their employees challenged and ensure they grow. Scott & Lynne were always as transparent as possible with the entire company and I enjoyed their quarterly town halls where insights into company performance, goals, etc. are shared and discussed openly. My manager specifically invested time and $$ into providing training and additional learning opportunities for our team, which was greatly valued.

Cons

As is the nature with a start up company, priorities can often shift/change more quickly than the employees can adjust. Be prepared to change directions or focus during your time there, but that is part of the excitement in a start up environment! Building a successful start up does not come without challenges such as challenges with the technology or long hours.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging your employees to come forward with ideas and continue to empower them to raise their hands for more responsibility, a more challenging role, or an opportunity they might see a need for at the organization. Continue to remain as transparent as possible with the organization - it's what makes everyone trust and love the leaders! Ensure a proper work life balance - encourage time off and ensure proper resources for teams that are burning the midnight oil!

3. "Great for early careers"

Former Employee - Data Analyst
    Former Employee - Data Analyst

Pros

Great learning environment for early careers.
    Great co-workers.

Cons

Culture encouraged working long hours.
    Salary was on lower end of market.
    The job responsibilities and long hours often outweighed the level of pay.

"Great Place To Grow Your Career"

I worked at Cardlytics full-time

Pros

- Beautiful office in desired PCM location
    - Lots of opportunities for volunteering and office organizations (diversity, health, social, etc)
    - Tons of smart and servant minded co-workers
    - Opportunities to learn new things and grow your career

Cons

- Leadership lacks focus and vision with the future of the product and business
    - Senior leadership roles have consistently been filled by people who are not a good match
    - Roles within the organization can be ill-defined leaving workloads unbalanced across departments

Advice to Management

- Co-Founders should decide a product strategy
    - Make sure the staff and responsibilities reflects company direction
    - Listen to your high performers

"Great company, culture and employees"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cardlytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- great culture and even better coworkers
    - fun and exciting analytics and great clients
    - working very hard to grow the company and bring on additional bank partners
    - transparency among big picture that is presented by CEO (but can sometimes be a little diluted)
    - really great company to work for and learn a lot
    - pros mostly outweigh the cons in my point of view but it depends on what is most important to you in an employer

Cons

Cons are mostly related to the workload and lack of promotions for deserved employees.

- workload is not evenly distributed among the team. Some employees are drowning in work while others are looking for more things to do
    - more success and acknowledgement among those with the lighter workload because they have more time to devote to strategy
    - work/life balance can be difficult with the workload. Burning out usually happens depending on the team your on.
    - technology enhancements require a lot of funding and approval from the banks
    - difficult to be promoted even among the best employees who truly deserve it

Advice to Management

You’ve built a great company. Continue to host themed parties and invest in the culture of the company. Invest more in the people so the product can be improved. Acknowledge team members consistently going the extra mile instead of it becoming an expectation. Make sure that you are hiring before team members become extremely burnt out.

"Great work low pay"

Former Employee - Sales Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cardlytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the work! The data available and the roles to fill were great. It is a great place to learn. Extreme flexibility and work life balance.

Cons

When I left I was doing the work of a position 2 levels my senior. I don't mind pitching in but at some point being compensated for the work I was doing is necessary. I was easily recruited away because I was offered 1.5 times my Cardlytics salary.

Advice to Management

Out of cycle promotions need to be available. Recognize people for the work they are with more than a $25 Starbucks gift card.

"Sales Manager"

I worked at Cardlytics full-time

Pros

It was a great advertising data product with very granular targeting, but they eliminated their programmatic offering. They do a great job with sales training and getting the most out of their sales team. They do surprising well getting clients, especially surprising since the native-banking advertising product is a complete farce.

Cons

This company has no idea what they are doing. Never stick to an idea and will give up on an idea at the first sight of difficulty. Very dependent on their bank relationships and that will always super-cede advertising clients. Their primary native-banking product is a complete farce. They talk about over 100MM audience, but doesn't mention that only 5% of account holders actually interact with cash-back rewards platform. There's no real in-store impact because all the sales being measured are such a small percentage of the overall sales. Also, they'll take credit for sales of people that are exposed without any action in the platform. Creative is simply a logo with very minimal messaging.
    - I was hired to sell their new programmatic services to the greater media-agency world. We got things ramped-up and drove lots of interest in the market. Yet, the internal management and delivery team could never deliver on what was promised. A lot of test campaigns performed poorly and never came back. Despite the difficulties a lot was moving forward with channel partnerships. Yet, they disbanded their programmatic offerings suddenly and without warning putting a lot of the company out of work.
    - They do not value employees and will do their best to not pay sales people when possible.

Advice to Management

Your employees are your life line and stop lying to them about what is happening with the company.

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Nice office space, friendly people

Cons

Lack of direction, poor pay, low satisfaction for job assigned

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Cardlytics full-time

Pros

A lot of good talent. Flexible & forward thinking regarding technology.

Cons

Need new products to execute on to help drive moral and optimism.

Advice to Management

Need to think outside of the box. The talent is there.

"Talent is leaving, beware."

I have been working at Cardlytics full-time

Pros

There are a few people that are driving towards something bigger. Those select few give everything they have and love being a part of greatness.

Cons

Repeated mistakes by the leaders of the company have killed the passion of the employees that turned their ideas into a reality. Internal office politics by a group of self serving managers and executives are triggering the exodus of people who push the company forward.

Advice to Management

Either trust your people or leave.