CareerPlug Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CareerPlug

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CareerPlug (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I received an email and set up a quick phone interview. After the phone interview I was brought in for an official interview. It was easy, pretty informal. I felt overdressed. I spoke with the recruitment head and then two other members of recruitment.

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CareerPlug (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Walked into CareerPlug and was instantly hit with a welcoming vibe. As most start ups are, it was smaller office where everyone was dressed casually. I only had one interview with two staff asking questions back and forth, but in a very relaxed environment. Interview took probably less than 30 minutes and they asked me if I had questions. Overall, pretty standard interview with no curveballs.

Interview Questions

• What kind of worker are you- a big picture or attention to detail type?   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CareerPlug (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then on-site interview. They called in and spoke to me on the phone for about 30 minutes and then asked me what my availability was for an in person interview. Two of the employees met with me for my in-person interview. It was very relaxed and felt like a conversational Q&A.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the difficulties you experienced in your past internships?   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Interview

Filled out the application, a week later got a personality test and a 9th grade level math/verbal test.

The hiring manager then contacted me to schedule a phone interview and he forgot to call me. I ended up e-mailing him and we spoke for fifteen minutes in which he didn't ask a single question about my background or previous experiences, but instead asked more arbitrary personality questions. A day later got the rejection.

I assume they use the same hiring process as their clients (State Farm and Golds Gym) which may work when the only requirement is that they are literate and both like the same hobbies. One of the worst recruiting experiences I've dealt with, it was a complete waste of time and the hiring manager did not respect my time.

Recruitment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at CareerPlug (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward -- I had an initial phone screen and was then sent an online personality assessment to complete as the next step. After a few days I was asked to come in for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was about an hour long with a Recruiter and the Head of HR/People Ops. The interview itself was a bit more thorough than most.. a lot of behavioral questions which I should have been more prepared for. I could tell by the end of the interview I got the vibe that the two women conducting the interview simply weren't clicking with me. They said they would be in touch within a week's time, but didn't give me their contact info/email address to reach out to them if need be (all prior email communication had be done through their ATS software that does not display their personal work emails). I never got any type of email or phone follow up correspondence regarding the status of their decision. As someone who works in Recruiting, I find it extremely frustrating to not receive a general "sorry we have decided that we are not going to move forward with you" email after I took a few hours off of work to come in to the company's office for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with confrontation with a coworker   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareerPlug (Austin, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was a breeze, and very organized. The team was fantastic from start to finish! There was one phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by two in-person interviews with various team members.

Interview Questions

• What would I call the last chapter in the book of my career?   Answer Question

Client Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareerPlug (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Extremely thorough. The hiring manager took time to ask me thoughtful questions that would identify my talents and career aspirations. I had three interviews, and he invested a lot of time screening me and learning about me. During the first interview, I complimented the hiring process because I could tell the hiring manager was serious about taking care of the business by finding the right fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• He asked me to tell him about all of my job experiences beginning in college. He asked me about how I would handle certain situations. Most importantly, he asked about my goals, and how I want to achieve those goals.   Answer Question

Account Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CareerPlug (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

CareerPlug's interview process was one of the most lengthy but by far the most interesting and rewarding. I was first contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. After the phone interview I received an invitation within a day to take a math/grammar assessment and a personality quiz. Neither were particularly daunting.

After submitting my assessments I was contacted for an in person interview. Again, this happened within a few days...not weeks as I have experienced with most other companies. The in person interview was a panel of 3 individuals: the hiring manager, HR, and a manager from a similar department. I was given a copy of my assessment tests and was graded against 2 other benchmarks. The interview consisted of questions around customer service, skills, innovation, personality, and goals. This interview took about 45 minutes and was a very positive experience.

The next day I was invited back for another round of interviews, this time with 3 Directors of the company.
    The interviews were relaxed and 2 way. By this time I am feeling the office vibe and the passion everyone has for this company, their coworkers, and the company/product.

I was then invited to come and Shadow the other ASA's and then lunch. Again, the vibe was so positive!

I was told at the end of that interview that I would be contacted within a few days (the weekend was upon us). The next week I was offered the position and began working 2 weeks later.

As mentioned at the beginning of this review, it was lengthy but not overly stressful. Absolutely a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you dealt with a dissatisfied customer and how did you resolve the issue to the satisfaction of the customer?   Answer Question

Ruby On Rails Full-Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CareerPlug (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

First interview was an over-the-phone interview, where I talked about my current job and was told a bit about CareerPlug, the apps maintained by the company, company philosophy, etc. The second interview was in person, and was more of a basic "tell me about a time when" sort of interview, expounding on various projects and experiences in college and work. After this, rather than a traditional whiteboard coding interview, I was given a basic coding challenge in Rails to do on my own time. The third interview was then a code review of the code I'd written, with the purpose being to see what day-to-day interaction and real code reviews would be like. The final interview was a "motivational interview", which involved exploring what various aspects of life would look like in 5 years in my "ideal" scenario, to see whether CareerPlug would be a good fit and could help accomplish those goals.

Interview Questions

• Rails coding challenge: Fork a repository containing a basic skeleton rails app and some instructions, then build out a simple sort of site with login, signup, and authentication functionality for users, jobs associated with users, a searchable listing of jobs belonging to a user, and comments on jobs to be submitted via AJAX.   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CareerPlug (Austin, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

CareerPlug is very dedicated to finding the right employees and their interview process reflects that every step of the way. I applied about 10 am one morning and had an email by 2 pm asking for a phone interview. Throughout all my interviews, I was always made aware of where the company was in the hiring process and how long it would take for me to hear back. I had a phone interview, an in-person with a team of two people, then with four directors and founder of the company, and lastly I had a coffee meeting with someone in the same position I was applying for- it was a very thorough process. I was sold on the company and the people from the first interview and could tell that their culture was something I wanted to contribute to.
    All-in-all it was the best job interview experience I have ever had and I was thrilled it ended in a job offer!

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about getting to know you and your job experience. No one ever tried to trip me up with questions. Everything felt more like a conversation between friends.   Answer Question