Cartesian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

3.2

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cartesian (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

I was hired through a recruiter in Overland Park, KS. The interview was typical. I heard within the day that I was going in for a second interview if interested. First interview was through the Accounting Supervisor then a second with the Director. I enjoyed working with both my supervisor and the Director.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous experience and accomplishments. Why I wanted to work for them, etc   Answer Question

Cartesian Response

Mar 14, 2017 – Director - Staffing and Recruiting

Thank your for providing your input on our interview process. We appreciate your feedback.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cartesian.

Interview

Applied through university for the consulting internship. 45 mins first round interview. Interviewer was very nice and asked only a case. Case was related to their current business and client problems of expanding retaining and expanding customer base. Included qualitative analysis and some calculations at the end mostly percentages and simple multiplications additions. Eventually was asked to wind up with final recommendation.

Contract Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cartesian (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview with about 30 pictures sent to me and I was asked to describe what I saw in the pictures such as problems, type of HFC equipment and the good things I saw in the pictures. The interview was a conference call with multiple principals and Business Strategy Analysts. It was a very intensive interview and not for people trying to bluff their way into a job!

Interview Questions

• Describe the problems you see that are wrong with this picture.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cartesian.

Interview

Had a first round interview through a recruiting network. Was given a case study, half strategy, half quantitative. Superday lasted four hours - included case study, research exercise and fit interview. Case study was similarly structured. Research exercise was 80 minutes and consisted of three questions alone in a room with a computer and a phone.

Interview Questions

• Case studies were standardly difficult - discussing consumer and producer side strategy/decision making architecture as well as calculating things such as LTV of different products, annual revenue given certain data, etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cartesian in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very informative. I had initially applied online for another position. I was contacted the very next day for that position and initial case interview scheduled the next week. My interview for that initial position did not go well and so I traveled to my home country for winter break. To my surprise Cartesian's HR got in touch with me as they proposed another (my current) position.

Honestly, this position was a better fit. I had 5 rounds of interview for this position. In the 1st round we talked about my previous work experience. 2nd round took place after I returned to US from winter break, it was the more about the role and its demands. The 3rd, 4th and 5th round happened on a single day - it was more like a power day. 3rd round was a mix of case interview, technical discussion and past experience. 4th round was also about my previous experience with some behavioral questions. 5th round was most behavioral and situation based questions.

I got a call within 2 weeks to let me know that they would like to extend me an offer. After few days I received my offer letter. All-in-all an amazingly positive experience!

Interview Questions

• How do I convince the CEO of Telecom giant to enter Triple Play?
      What would I recommend to a cable company for Optical fiber replacing co-axial?
      Questions regarding conflict resolution, leadership, projects etc.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. The HR was flexible and supportive throughout the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cartesian (Boston, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

First round was at a career fair, no resume drill, just a case. Second round consists of 5-6 interviews back to back including behavioral, case, and research interviews. Make sure you know the company very well, what they do, the industry, keep up with the news ( since they deal with technology). Cases aren't too tough, but are very much related to what they do, so there will be techy terms in there. Interviewers were very nice. The research interview was the toughest.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you showed initiative. What can you do to show initiative here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cartesian (Boston, MA) in October 2008.

Interview

Company had a presentation on campus. Students were given a chance to submit resumes and cover letters through the career center's website. Candidates were chosen for first round interviews, which were conducted on campus. On-campus interviews were about 45 minutes long, consisting of some behavioral interview questions and a short case interview. Second round interview was conducted at company site. Four interviews total, one behavioral, two case interviews, and an interview with a VP.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Google's plans in the wireless market are? (this was prior to the announcement of Android)   Answer Question

Telecommunications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cartesian (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Process started with a telephone interview hosted by director from the side of business I was applying for. It was a two-way conversation to get to know about my background/experience and for me to understand more about the company.

This was followed by 121 interview with current consultant to get a better feel about the company culture, structure of assignments and day-to-day challenges. It was a competency based interview.

Finally, I was invited to take part in an interview with two directors, including Managing Director of EMEA region, which was a great opportunity to understand more about the business challenges, industry and direction company was moving towards.

Interview with directors was followed up by the "pub test"!
    Cartesian has found a perfect way to see how candidates are outside job by inviting candidate to the local pub alongside current consultants and directors. From candidates perspective, it's a great opportunity to get to know other consultants and get a feel about the company culture.

Overall, I got the impression that Cartesian is a hands on company who appreciates that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and uses this philosophy to achieve competitive edge against other more rigid companies.

I also feel that everyone involved in the recruitment process were friendly which helped reduce unneeded stress.

Interview Questions

• Relate your experience to job you are applying to   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cartesian (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied via the portal, I had an interview on site in London. I was barely welcomed and the interviewer seemed to view me as an irritation. When it was time for me to ask questions, rather than ask if I had finished he said in an abrupt manner after I asked three questions that he had to leave as he was late for a meeting. I felt I really wasted my time and effort going there, in the cold and rain too!

Interview Questions

• how would go about designing a network required to support specific systems.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cartesian (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I went through a phone screening. This was followed by a three hour interview on campus. Standard consulting stuff: one 45 minute CV/background interview, one 45 minute case interview, and a math test.

The second round was at the London office. It involved 4 or 5 rounds, I think? One laptop-based research round, one case question, one presentation, and an interview with a managing director (I think).

It took them ages to give me a response -- 3 weeks, easily. No feedback, which was rather disappointing given all of time spent.

Interview Questions

• Brainteasers. Multiple case questions. Presented with a stack of documents and asked to prepare a 5 minute presentation in 10 minutes.   Answer Question