Cover image for Cartesian

132 Comments

Consulting

413.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Cartesian~251364
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work for and work with.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Good management and alovely colleagues.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Strong team dynamic, interesting projects(in 5 reviews)
  • "They treat every project like it's their most important, and foster a culture of continuous brainstorming, iterating, and reinventing in their problem solving(in 4 reviews)
  • "In my time at Cartesian, I regularly received constructive feedback and was given several opportunities to work on certain deliverables or projects to challenge myself for the sake of my professional development.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great Boutique Firm

Nov 14, 2022 - Business Analyst in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good culture; lots of young people in the office - Hybrid work model - Women and Nonbinary Association - Work-life balance (*relative to consulting*) - Transparent about promotions and raises - Low travel

Cons

- Project work (telecom) isn't the most exciting/interesting - Late hours; depends on your project but can be a lot. Only for a short period of time but need to expect it

2. 5.0

Highly recommend Cartesian

Aug 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cartesian executive team values its employees and strives to provide a good work-life balance.

Cons

None that I can think of.

3. Join the Cartesian team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee

No growth, questionable leadership

Aug 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good junior staff. Good data and analytics capabilities. Tight focus on telecom space.

Cons

Poor executive management, including CEO who has been unable to turn around firm. Poor behavior in relation to Sales team who are overly protective of accounts rather than working together, and jealous of each others' success when none are really that successful. Overworked junior staff to deliver poorly scoped engagements.

Cartesian Response

Director, Recruiting

We are sorry that this former employee had a negative experience with Cartesian. Cartesian is a thriving, profitable company delivering innovative and highly business impacting solutions for our clients. Our Recruiting team is very busy finding great people motivated to deliver these propositions to our many existing and new clients developed by our expanded business development team (our successful hiring and retention rate is the highest in many years, indicative of our exciting focus and existing team members motivation). Our international leadership team actively works together to create a work experience that people want to be a part of. Cartesian cares about employee work/life balance; most employees have had the option of fully remote or hybrid work for years in an effort to encourage a better work/life balance. Coupled with a vibrant team atmosphere and expanded benefits/compensation packages, employee well-being is a priority we understand propels our continued growth.

5. 4.0

Good introduction opportunity

May 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong team dynamic, interesting projects

Cons

None really to speak of

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Awful experience for a young analyst

Sep 20, 2021 - Analyst in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A job out of college. Some kind people in management.

Cons

Cartesian, in my humble opinion, takes advantage of naïve young professionals who don’t realize that their treatment is unacceptable. That was me. I felt so lucky to make $80k out of college. I came to accept 80 hour work weeks were to be expected making that kind of money. I came to accept that being asked to do work you didn’t have the experience and training to do was just normal. I came to think my challenges with the job were a reflection of my work ethic—instead of representing a company culture that was the problem. And it hurt me so bad—if I’m being honest. I was too young to know how bad it was. Now I’m at a firm paying me 2x to work 25% of what was unfairly demanded of me, I recognize the truth… Reader, don’t get me wrong: perhaps this work fits your identify. But if you accept this job—and if you have little frame of reference in terms of determining what’s acceptable treatment of employees and what isn’t—and if you’re hurting and saying “why are they working me this hard with this little training on jobs that should be being done by folks twice my age”—just remember, it ain’t you.

Cartesian Response

Director, Recruiting

We are very sorry to hear about this experience. We prioritize teamwork, training, and work-life balance when delivering our work, and this experience does not sound consistent with our values and culture. Cartesian maintains an “Open Door” work environment and strives to provide a healthy and balanced work situation for every member of our team.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to start your career

Oct 8, 2020 - Business Analyst in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm so glad that I chose to start out my career at Cartesian. The Boston strategy group is relatively small, which allows for dedicated focus on each member of the team. You'll be exposed to a variety of projects and clients, and there is often flexibility for analysts to focus on an area of interest, such as analytics or due diligence projects, as time goes on. Leadership is genuinely interested in the professional growth of analysts and consultants. In my time at Cartesian, I regularly received constructive feedback and was given several opportunities to work on certain deliverables or projects to challenge myself for the sake of my professional development. And most importantly, the group is tight-knit and fun. My coworkers and I often stayed late after our work was finished to hang out, and we enjoy spending time together outside of work as well. The Cartesian network has been extremely valuable to me in the time since I've left.

Cons

The strategy group is a unique, small portion of the larger company - it can feel siloed/like a separate company at times.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Feedback

Sep 14, 2021 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work environment; Get the job done attitude; Great Management Team;

Cons

Lack of communication of the companies direction.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Oct 27, 2021 - Systems Engineer in Overland Park, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Got to work with different technology and take charge of projects.

Cons

Company leadership didn’t have a clear plan for the future. Lots of offerings where outdated.

10. 5.0

Cartesian Cares About Its Employees

Mar 24, 2021 - Administration
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cartesian keeps adding new initiatives/benefits to help encourage employee well being, especially during the COVID pandemic. Management cares about its employees. Cartesian has a very strong benefits package.

Cons

There have been a number of changes to executive leadership over the years, but the current team is the strongest team we've had so far.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting opportunities, great people

Oct 9, 2020 - Data Analyst in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cartesian employees engage with clients on a wide variety of exciting and relevant challenges. My mentors and coworkers have fostered a welcoming environment in which I can push myself to learn new skills and tools for analyzing complicated datasets and problems. Even through the pandemic, Cartesian organizes online events so that I have a space to socialize with my coworkers. However, my favorite thing about Cartesian is the foundation of teamwork and collaboration that permeates all aspects of day-to-day work - my coworkers and I are given ample opportunities to share and present our work and new tools we've learned with the company outside of our teams. This promotes my own growth as an analyst and problem solver, and also widens my professional network, opening doors to start conversations inside the company when I am interesting in asking questions one-on-one with someone who has experience with a skill or tool I am looking to learn.

Cons

Sometimes there are hard burns - a handful of consecutive days pushing past 8PM to get the perfect deliverable out to a client - those days are hard, but managers always keep an eye out for those times and make sure their team members aren't staffed in an unsustainable way

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Reviews
</>Embed

Cartesian Reviews FAQs

Cartesian has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 90 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Cartesian to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Cartesian employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Cartesian. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

70% of Cartesian employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cartesian 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Cartesian to be benefits, management, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, culture.

Popular Careers with Cartesian Job Seekers