Case Western Reserve University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Case Western Reserve University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.5

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

Interview

A few questions on where I see my career developing and some technical questions on common lab procedures such as Western Blots and Titrations. Meetings required with PHD students and post docs.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to learn here and how do you plan to use it in the future?   1 Answer

Grants Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial contact via email to schedule a phone screen. Phone screen went well, felt that there was a good rapport with the interviewer. Email communication to schedule a follow-up in person interview. On site interview with four members of the team.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more of a conversation / explanation of the department and internal processes and procedures. I wouldn't say that there were any real difficult questions.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

Interview

We could be chosen directly from the professor based on GPA or find professor by ourselves. Questions are fine and some TA need to be test for some excel solving questions or others.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the project you have done and the role.   Answer Question

Department Assistant III/Chair's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Basic Interview with the manager and chair of the department individually. However, if interviewing for an internal interview the process can be different in which you may interview with a panel or several different people individually for the same position.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, why was I applying, what did I do at my last job etc...   1 Answer

Negotiation

They didn't negotiate. I told them what I was expecting and they told me what they could offer due to equitable pay within the university.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

met with several faculty to discuss scientific opportunities and point of collaboration. To assess their view on the environment. To assess their view on the research and Cancer Center. to demonstrate my plan for my research once at Case

Interview Questions

• why research
      why Case
      what do you expect from Case
      what is your research plan for the next 5-10 years
      1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

interviewers are very nice and asked about my back ground information, my motivation to work here and what can I help them to do. what;s my understanding to this job and how can I meet with difficulty.Also the interviewer told me there would be many things to do and whether I can handle them or not

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficulty   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

Interview

Recruitment required a resume and cover letter that specifically outlined experience with a particular subset of research or experience within a contextual area that is rare for students to have much exposure with. During the interview, we addressed my experience, the depth of knowledge in the subject matter area, how that differed from most of my colleagues and how I could be in a leadership position within my team. Keep in mind this was a very specific research assignment requiring pertinent experience for a time-sensitive project. One 30 minute 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience with the specific topics at hand. No interest in other experience - just this research subset.   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Research Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Basically, walk-in interview talk to the professor and describe your background. How you would use your existing knowledge and contribute to the research team. Asked me about previous experience. Asked some behavioral questions. Asked regarding technical knowledge.

Department Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

After over a month of applying, I got a call to set up a phone interview. I had the phone interview, then the following week went in for an actual face-to-face interview, and had a 2nd face-to-face meeting the week after that. Met with pretty much everyone in the department twice.

I took a lot of time out of my schedule to meet with the department twice, as well as paying for parking twice, and everything seemed to go really well. However, I was never contacted again with a rejection, even after following up 2 weeks after my 2nd interview which I found to be quite rude, after all the time I gave to them.

Interview Questions

• Asked basic and simple scenario questions that were rather easy to answer.   Answer Question

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

posted resume online, contacted via phone, interview with supervisor, salary "negotiation" with HR, offer letter. the compensation analyst seemed out of touch with what constituted a reasonable range of compensation for the position. definitely focused on keeping the offer as low as possible.