Case Western Reserve University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Audio Visual Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

I was able to meet the entire team. Including my two bosses.
    My primary boss has proved to be nothing like the interview.
    Came across as personable and professional. Is neither.
    I should have trusted my gut that boss had no clue how to manage a technical team.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to stay several years.   1 Answer
    • Asked many questions about technical abilities.   1 Answer

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

posted resume online, contacted via phone, interview with supervisor, salary "negotiation" with HR, offer letter. the compensation analyst seemed out of touch with what constituted a reasonable range of compensation for the position. definitely focused on keeping the offer as low as possible.

IT Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University in September 2014.

Interview

Fairly simple interview process not bad, straight forward and what was expected. Emailed me before hand for a time for an interview. Did not really know what to expect from everything I met them through the campus job fair. Really no one should be nervous about the interview, all they want to know is more about you that is all.

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Mostly online, I knew the person in charge of recruiting, and he needed TAs. Wasn't really an interview, so much as a "submit your resume and if you're competent you'll get the job." no minimum GPA, expectation of roughly 6-10 hours a week. Options include graders and lab assistants. Professor not in charge of hiring as much as TA.

Interview Questions

• General Knowledge of circuits required, must have taken the class or equivalent, availability   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

hiring is by the PI of a research lab. He invited me to go to the lab and gave a talk, followed by appointment with individual members to learn their research. Then, select members of the lab together with the PI would also have dinner with me to further discuss more research and get to know me more on a personal level

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

Interview

We could be chosen directly from the professor based on GPA or find professor by ourselves. Questions are fine and some TA need to be test for some excel solving questions or others.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the project you have done and the role.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

online application, recommendations, face to face interview.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

Interview

Recruitment required a resume and cover letter that specifically outlined experience with a particular subset of research or experience within a contextual area that is rare for students to have much exposure with. During the interview, we addressed my experience, the depth of knowledge in the subject matter area, how that differed from most of my colleagues and how I could be in a leadership position within my team. Keep in mind this was a very specific research assignment requiring pertinent experience for a time-sensitive project. One 30 minute 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience with the specific topics at hand. No interest in other experience - just this research subset.   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

met with several faculty to discuss scientific opportunities and point of collaboration. To assess their view on the environment. To assess their view on the research and Cancer Center. to demonstrate my plan for my research once at Case

Interview Questions

• why research
      why Case
      what do you expect from Case
      what is your research plan for the next 5-10 years   1 Answer

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

No, interview. I just met with the manager and they hired on the spot. You don't really need to prepare for any kind of interview, as long as you are student attending Case Western Reserve you are pretty much set to get the job. It does help to know someone working there to get you foot in the door.