Case Western Reserve University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.4

Campus Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The interview process is pretty straight forward. You sit down with the training team and they ask you basic questions about why you want to be a tour guide, etc. Also, they will ask you tough questions that you might get on tour, so be prepared!

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by someone at the university and then by the hiring manager who then took over the recruiting process. There were large gaps of time between applying, hearing from someone to set up the phone interview, then for the in person interview, then nothing. The HR and recruiting people were not present, the follow up was poor, and even though I was a finalist for the position, I never heard from them after the last interview, The process they described was going to be at least 5 months from applying to getting an offer, then another couple of months to start. No salary range was ever discussed. Fortunately I got another offer immediately after my last interview with Case, where the process was only 3 weeks from application to offer.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

Interview

A few questions on where I see my career developing and some technical questions on common lab procedures such as Western Blots and Titrations. Meetings required with PHD students and post docs.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to learn here and how do you plan to use it in the future?   1 Answer

Grants Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial contact via email to schedule a phone screen. Phone screen went well, felt that there was a good rapport with the interviewer. Email communication to schedule a follow-up in person interview. On site interview with four members of the team.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more of a conversation / explanation of the department and internal processes and procedures. I wouldn't say that there were any real difficult questions.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

Interview

We could be chosen directly from the professor based on GPA or find professor by ourselves. Questions are fine and some TA need to be test for some excel solving questions or others.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the project you have done and the role.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

First, a sit down in the PI's office to discuss a little of my own background and future aspirations, but mainly to delve into what projects are taking place in the lab. Also, explains some lab politics and basic expectations.
    Next, will take you around the lab to show you both equipment and to introduce you to other lab members. Will leave you with other lab members briefly to ask any questions of them without having "the boss" present.
    Finally, you will return to the PI's office where you will discuss any questions you have with the PI and discuss things such as possible start date, second interview, salary expectations, etc.

Interview Questions

• How long do you expect to stay at this job?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Emailed a cover letter and 1-1 interview in person with the hiring PI. Depending on the PI, they will meet with other staff in the lab. I highly recommend requesting to meet other members of the lab before accepting the position.

Department Assistant III/Chair's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Basic Interview with the manager and chair of the department individually. However, if interviewing for an internal interview the process can be different in which you may interview with a panel or several different people individually for the same position.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, why was I applying, what did I do at my last job etc...   1 Answer

Negotiation

They didn't negotiate. I told them what I was expecting and they told me what they could offer due to equitable pay within the university.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

met with several faculty to discuss scientific opportunities and point of collaboration. To assess their view on the environment. To assess their view on the research and Cancer Center. to demonstrate my plan for my research once at Case

Interview Questions

• why research
      why Case
      what do you expect from Case
      what is your research plan for the next 5-10 years   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

interviewers are very nice and asked about my back ground information, my motivation to work here and what can I help them to do. what;s my understanding to this job and how can I meet with difficulty.Also the interviewer told me there would be many things to do and whether I can handle them or not

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficulty   1 Answer