Cover image for Case Western Reserve University

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Case Western Reserve University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 103 of over 103 interviews

Employee Referral10%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Case Western Reserve University

Application

I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University

Interview

Way too hard of an interview for the job offered (and pay). Video call with five different people. A ton of situational questions. You'd think I was interviewing for a 100k CIO job. My goodness. And if you get hired there you have to pay $90/month for parking, which is a load of crap. It all worked out as I ended up getting a better contract.

Interview Questions
  • How do you build trust with your coworkers? Tell me about a time you failed? How have you kept up with technology changes recently?
    Answer Question

Application

Interview

It was a hectic, unorganized process. I was told a salary in the first interview that was within my expectations/comfortability. I eventually receive a verbal offer (mind you this is 2-2.5 months into the process). It takes 4.5 weeks for me to receive my written offer from HR, after the verbal one. After I receive the written offer, I see that it is $12,000 less than what I was told in the first interview...4 months prior (and they couldn't go any higher). This is why they just need to post the salary on the job postings. I missed out on the hiring season for higher ed because I was given incorrect/extremely delayed information. Apply at your own risk.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions, one that stood out was "How would your friends describe you?"

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,950

984 Comments

Teachers

215.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Case Western Reserve University~26686
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Case Western Reserve University? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Case Western Reserve University employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Case Western Reserve University

Application

I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University

Interview

The process was appropriate and sufficiently in-depth. I have worked at this institution in the past and there were no surprises. The interviewer was pleasant and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Case Western Reserve University

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University in Jun 2022

Interview

The process was drawn out, and the in-person interview itself was 4 hours. It was essentially meeting with different people who asked the same general questions over again. You’re expected to create a presentation, which takes at least another hour if not more outside of the interview. There was a first round interview that was about 30 minutes via Zoom as well. I never heard back following the interview despite following up, which I assume is a rejection as the job was reposted recently. It would be considerate to follow up with candidates considering how much time they require for their interviews. The people who work in admissions seemed nice, but the expectation of 5+ hours of a work for an interview and lack of communication is ultimately why the experience is rated negative.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Case Western Reserve University

Application

I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University

Interview

the interview was clunky and the questions weren't relevant to the position. they clearly weren't focused on the time or the interview and had multiple long questions making it extremely hard to focus on the process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Case Western Reserve University

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University in May 2022

Interview

After I initially applied, a recruiter screened me almost immediately. Then, I received an email from the hiring manager about a formal interview (the transparency about salary up front was much appreciated). I had two phone interviews, panel interview, and final interview with the hiring manager. The entire process took about a month and a half and was overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What are some examples of marketing strategies that you have used to improve customer or client experience? Q: Tell me about a time you were in a difficult position and had to make a quick decision

Case Western Reserve University

Application

I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University

Interview

It took a number of interviews to get the job. After being on the other side of the table, the process leaves so many applicants hanging for far longer than they should. It may cause good talent to look elsewhere after too long of a wait.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in Jan 2022

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and was contacted by PI to schedule a Zoom interview for 30 mins. The interview lasted for 1 hour. I got asked basic questions from the area of technical research of the PI's lab and some programming questions.

Interview Questions
  • Very basic research questions from the area you are applying to.

Case Western Reserve University

Application

I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University

Interview

Hard and long With corp structure. Hierarchical. Equality. University degree needed. Not friendly. Cold. Friendly admin staff. Team work. After interview went around to see the department and other staff

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in Nov 2021

Interview

The interview process was great considering we had to do the initial interview through Zoom. But I felt that it went well and the people conducting the interview did a great job. I was able to meet in person for the second interview and it went better in person and the staff was really welcoming.

Interview Questions
  • They asked if I had any experience with a certain program.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 103 Interviews

Case Western Reserve University Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Case Western Reserve University as 60.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.49 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Research Assistant I and Research Associate rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Postdoctoral Scholar and Research Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Case Western Reserve University takes an average of 36 days when considering 98 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Research Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Postdoctoral Research Associate roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 71 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Case Western Reserve University according to 98 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 31.46%