Case Western Reserve University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Case Western Reserve University Interview Questions

Interviews at Case Western Reserve University

2.5

Interview

Meeting with the professor I'm interested to work with. We talked about the research projects that currently going in the lab. After I offered some ideas to show my understanding of the projects, I got accepted next semester for researching with credits.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

no interview need, just causal talk to professors and show your previous projects and researches. no interview need, just causal talk to professors and show your previous projects and researches.

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by in-person interviews and a group presentation. Very intense and time consuming. They never communicated afterwards at all. No rejection, no offer, nothing. Feels like a complete waste of time. Shockingly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe hiring practices to a non-citizen.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

Interview

Went in to office, had one round and was interviewed by a professor. Then they asked me a bunch of technical questions about work I had done, why I was interested in the position, where I had studied, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest weaknesses? What's your working style? Tell me about your past work   Answer Question

Department Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

Interview

One month after I applied, I was contacted to do a phone interview with 2 members of the department. Two and a half months after the phone interview I was contacted asking if I would come in for an in-person interview. I was told the reason for the delay was that the position had temporarily been put on hold, but now they were ready to fill the position. I met with the original people I did the phone interview with, plus 3 additional people. At the end of the interview I was told they would be making a decision within one week. I never heard anything else. I contacted the hiring manager 3 weeks after my interview to ask about the status of the job and never got a response. I don’t think it was ever filled. It’s pretty disheartening when you spend a lot of time preparing for interviews and taking time off from your job to do them and can’t even get a courtesy response letting you know what’s going on.

Communications Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University in September 2019.

Interview

Very disorganized overall.

First started with communications people who were very nice. Took a writing test. Heard nothing back directly from them. Then was called by the school to come in for an interview. Interviewed for 2-3 hours with four different individuals. There had obviously been no communication between the school and the university communications people. Very awkward. Felt confrontational at times when interviewing with the school. Communications people and the school seemed to have different understandings of the job duties.

Immediately sent all my thank you's to the interviewers. Asked for clarification on reporting and who would be doing the hiring (ie, university communications or the school). No response. Waited some weeks and reached out to communications, who responded that the school was still interviewing. Saw today that the job has been reposted.

I do believe CWRU could do better in their treatment of candidates. Disappointing for such a world class institution.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

Interview

I had a video conference interview with the PI and a few other people from the team. They were friendly and had some interesting questions. But they didn't ask anything very technical or challenging.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of one time you had a conflict in the workplace and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

Interview

Advisor ask questions. I provide the answers. With the given questions, I provide answers quickly. If I can answer all the questions, I can get the job. This job is not good. Avoid this school

Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University in January 2019.

Interview

One in-person interview with supervisor and three other staff. Friendly atmosphere and also a quiet work environment. Prompt email responses with follow up. Interesting opportunities outside of position within the university.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

You were told to meet with some professor working in Case Western Reserve University. YOu will be asked some technical questions. You will be asked t sumbit your transcript. And they will review the course you took.