Catalyst Paper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.8

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biron, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catalyst Paper (Biron, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

I was given a full tour of the operating facility, and promptly interviewed by a panel of 5 employees: the HR director, the IT director, two full-time IT employees, and a production team manager.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other potential candidates?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite IT/Networking software or technology you've used recently?   Answer Question
    • What skills have you gleaned from your current career that you feel would contribute to your success in this position?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a recent difficulty you faced in your current career, and how you overcame said difficulty   Answer Question

Catalyst Paper Response

Jun 19, 2017 – Director, Talent

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback! And welcome to the Catalyst family :)

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Catalyst Paper (Richmond, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The interview process was remarkable. The recruiter was excellent in making you feel welcome and introducing the company, she was not just interviewing me but also asking the managers all the right questions on my behalf. It was not a one way communication with the recruiter, manager and the rest of the team member but more of a collaboration on making sure it's the right fit for the company and at the same time making it clear and concise that both parties know what we'll be expecting from each side. Unfortunately, I received an offer from another company the same day when I had just finished my in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard IT questions, how you handle users and different scenarios or situations   Answer Question

Catalyst Paper Response

Jun 26, 2017 – Director, Talent

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview at Catalyst Paper! Glad to hear you enjoyed the interview experience - good luck in your new role, keep in touch :)

Process Control Specialsitg Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crofton, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Catalyst Paper (Crofton, BC (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Perform the following functions:
    • Set and Maintain Systems Standards
    • Ensure Safe use and operation of systems based equipment
    • Systems Maintenance (direct and indirect)
    • CCER, Capital Project, OFI feasibility, design, and implementation (follow standards)
    • Non capital improvements
    • Process Troubleshooting
    • Trades Support
    • Operations Support
    • OBC support
    • Systems training and technical training (others and self)
    • Process and Mill Network architecture and function (pertains to systems millwide)
    • Capstone / Parcview (Use and Interface with)
    • Control Tuning
    • Systems Risk assessment and succession plan

Interview Questions

• Systems Maintenance that you did and want what was the benefit to the bottom line?   1 Answer

Co-op Student, Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catalyst Paper (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Really straightforward. The head of planning asked me behavioural interview questions and gave me the job the next day. Classic engineering interview tbh, this was for my final co-op term so I would image EIT interviews would be similar. They are assuming that you know nothing about the industry specifics because you probably do know nothing, unless you have worked at a similar site before. From my impression, they just want to make sure you will a) not get pushed around by shift workers, b) will respect safety considerations, and c) are a good fit for the culture. I think there might have been a 3-phase power question but nothing too tricky.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you failed and fixed it? (I don't remember the exact wording but like this is a classic question I can almost guarantee you will be asked it)   1 Answer