Celanese Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Celanese Interview Questions

Interviews at Celanese

2.6

Sort:

Interview

First round - on site, 2 on 1
    Second round - phone
    Third round - phone

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you will contribute here   3 Answers

Negotiation

Zero room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Celanese (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Sent my resume through my University. I got a call later that same day to schedule a conference phone interview. They were pretty professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Celanese (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people lasted 3 hours. Typical behavior questions, provided history about company. Thought the interview went pretty good. But apparently they didn't. Should have known, when I asked for business card the manager said "I don't have one".

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Celanese (Irving, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

They care more about whether you will fit in with the group then your overall resume. Make sure the interview is a conversation. They want to know if you will fall in line with what management wants. They kind of need "robots" (people that just do what they are asked to do and not ask questions.)

Interview Questions

• They ask you to talk about yourself.   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Celanese.

Interview

Very basic phone interview asked what your base pay needed to be. Do you know lock out tag out? Then two weeks later had a face to face with a panel of three took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had a dispute with a co worker. How did you solve the issue.   Answer Question

Analytical Scientist Interview

Interview

Referred by an alumnus and got a phone interview after the online application and several emails back and forth. It was a technical interview and there was one behavior question.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Celanese in December 2010.

Interview

The process can seem fragmented depending upon the business unit and location. My initial impressions were that the company was stable with a solid managerial infrastructure.

Interview Questions

• What are the weak points that can hold you back when performing your job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

In 2011, the offer was fairly generous with an appropriate amount of room for negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Celanese (Irving, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The CISO of the company contacted me through LinkedIn after reviewing my profile. The Interview process was pretty relaxed. I interviewed with 5 people, 30 minutes each. The interview was more on the conversational side, talked about my interest in the security industry. I talked about my pentest labs and my projects from school.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celanese in April 2018.

Interview

They have a phone screen with a Human Resources person then another phone screen or interview with your potential boss. The actual interview follows after these two phone screens; however I did not get that far

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Celanese (Dallas, TX) in April 2008.

Interview

My resume was submitted by a current employee at the company to fill a position that they had open. I was contacted by an in-house recruiter who set up a phone interview with a manager. After speaking with the manager, the recruiter again got in touch with me to set up an interview day. Travel expenses were covered. On the interview day, I had three separate interviews: a panel of future co-workers, the manager who had interviewed me over the phone, and an executive in the area of the open position. Everything went very smoothly. A while later (maybe a week or three), I received a call again from the recruiter with an offer, along with an overnight FedEx package the next day with the details.

Advice? Be yourself. If you have to "act" to be acceptable for them, then you're going to have to "act" the whole time you are working there. You can't keep that up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The initial offer was disappointingly low. I spoke with the recruiter and explained to her that I would like to be paid what I'm worth and that I thought that the going salary was considerably higher. They came back with an acceptable offer (by phone and on paper) that also included a sign-on bonus.

Advice? Don't accept an offer that you don't think is reasonable.