Celanese Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Celanese Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.7

Analytical Scientist Interview

Interview

Referred by an alumnus and got a phone interview after the online application and several emails back and forth. It was a technical interview and there was one behavior question.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Celanese (Irving, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The CISO of the company contacted me through LinkedIn after reviewing my profile. The Interview process was pretty relaxed. I interviewed with 5 people, 30 minutes each. The interview was more on the conversational side, talked about my interest in the security industry. I talked about my pentest labs and my projects from school.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Celanese.

Interview

Interview itself was relatively simple, with a pre-screening phone interview followed by a second phone interview with more detailed personality and process skill questions. It appeared that qualifications were based on previous experience and the interview process was mainly to judge personal fit with the position. Drug testing (normal for the position) was still more strict than usual, requiring a hair test.

Interview Questions

• Typical personality questions such as: describe a time you have failed; describe a time you have lead a team; etc.   Answer Question

In-House Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Celanese (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I participated in a phone screening interview with a recruiter. I was not selected for an in-person interview. The company's recruiter emailed me to set up the call. He was very friendly and professional. I was surprised that compensation came up immediately and should have been more prepared to talk about compensation at such an early stage in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work at Celanese? What did I know about Celanese? Asked me about compensation requirements immediately.   Answer Question

Sourcing Leader Interview

Interview

Contacted by a headhunter and referred to an internal recruiter. He set up a prescreen phone interview then referred to another manager for second phone interview and eventually flown in for face to face. Face to face consisted of a number of interviews and follow up after the interviews was almost immediate.

Interview Questions

• Asked to prepare and present market information/slides on general topic (oil or gas)   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Celanese.

Interview

Very good, with behavioral type questions and panel of 2 at a time with 3 groups. More time could have been given for me to ask questions both at the recruiter level, and the on-site level

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not get along with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Celanese (Austin, TX).

Interview

The process resulted from the career fair at my university. The interview was on campus and was based mainly off of behavioral type and situational questions. The interview was carried out by two employees. Overall a positive process.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Interview Questions and Situational Questions.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Celanese.

Interview

Was first contacted by phone to set up a 1 on 1 interview at my college. The interview was very straight forward and easy going. Questions asked were mainly behavioral questions dealing with personal, and team work related type situations and experiences.

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Celanese (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I spoke with them at a college career fair and was offered an interview on the spot- no application necessary. Two people interviewed me. One asked questions and the other furiously wrote down my responses, it was very impersonal. They asked pretty standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you pointed out a safety hazard.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Celanese (Irving, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Thick Dracula type accent and very hard to understand. Strongly encourage you to ask for translator or if you speak Hungarian to use that language instead. They tend to ask the ordinary questions that are asked on typical interviews. They are looking to fill quotas or seats since they recently terminated several people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why did you leave your last employer? Are you related to anyone here?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? are you a safety conscience person   1 Answer