Celanese Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Celanese Interview Questions

Interviews at Celanese

2.7

Operator Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Celanese.

Interview

Very basic phone interview asked what your base pay needed to be. Do you know lock out tag out? Then two weeks later had a face to face with a panel of three took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had a dispute with a co worker. How did you solve the issue.   Answer Question

Material Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Celanese.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR rep after a career fair. She set up a phone interview, which was relatively easy, mostly behavioral questions. Did not get the job because of not being qualified.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Celanese (Irving, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

I had phone interview with recruiter. Next was a phone interview with hiring manager. I was then brought in for face to face interview with individuals from various depts. It was 2 hours long

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Celanese.

Interview

Thirty minute phone call interview with behavioral questions. Was contacted the next day by HR saying they would keep in touch. An offer was extended three weeks later. Overall extremely positive experience with the HR of the company. Responded very quickly and answered all the questions that I had. Interview was easy going and not difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you didn't see eye to eye with someone and how you responded to it.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Celanese (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed on campus followed by a site interview a few weeks later with several different groups. Questions were both technical and behavior based. It was a fairly simple and organized process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celanese in April 2018.

Interview

They have a phone screen with a Human Resources person then another phone screen or interview with your potential boss. The actual interview follows after these two phone screens; however I did not get that far

Marine Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Celanese in April 2018.

Interview

Very professional, they aid for travel to office. I never received a rejection letter so I assumed I was not a good fit. Several interviews with different people in roles.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Celanese (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people lasted 3 hours. Typical behavior questions, provided history about company. Thought the interview went pretty good. But apparently they didn't. Should have known, when I asked for business card the manager said "I don't have one".

Bilingual Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Celanese (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one with HR and one with Hiring Manager and 3.5hour in person interview with three different management groups at the Las Colinas office. They asked great questions to test Spanish language skills. The scheduling of subsequent interviews took a long time and it took over 2weeks to find out results of in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you and general accounting history/experience (Spanish)   Answer Question

Contract Texhnical Writer and QA Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Celanese (Irving, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

1) 3rd party recruiter phone screen (and follow-up the morning of interview); 2) 3-person panel interview at company for 3 to 4 month (maximum) contract. Answered basic background questions on job experience and then answered hypothetical questions on “what-if” scenarios to see how I would trouble shoot problems/issues with project SMEs, if hired. Then, I asked general questions about the company and then a couple of specific technical questions, RE: the project they were hiring for, to show that I was paying attention to the details of their overview and special discussion(s).

Interview Questions

• How did you have to break “bad news” to an important client? Were there monetary and/or crucial project deadline implications regarding your discussion with this serious “news”? Did you present viable alternatives ?   1 Answer