CenterPoint Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CenterPoint Energy

2.5

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Used HireVue online interview. Series of about 10 questions appeared on screen and recorded my responses via laptop camera. 15 second countdown between questions to allow for preparation. Received follow up for in-person panel interview, followed by "meet & greet" with team. These meeting occurred prior to offer being made.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Received an invitation for a one way digital interview about one month later. Received a follow up in person interview about 3 weeks after the digital interview. Hired on the spot. From application submittal to hire took roughly 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Interview

Short interview process. I interviewed on campus with two department heads. Interview was 30 minutes and asked basic behavioral questions. I met with a recruiter before the interview and we spoke about what to expect for the interview and who I was interviewing with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Asked behavioral questions and basic questions such as stress and a difficult person you dealt with and the interview was fairly easy no need to be stressed or nervous honestly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview with three interviewers. The interview was made up of the average questions they would ask any prospective student-interns. A review of your resume and credentials starts off the interview, followed by the panel asking their questions.

Interview Questions

• Why you think you should work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a 2-1 interview with all behavioral type questions. An example is "Name the last time you solved a problem". There was about eight question, which lasted a little less than half and hour. They didn't get back to me for about another month saying I was awarded the position. I had already accepted an other offer so I declined.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

One one one in person interview. They reviewed skills as well as questioned any goals you might have in the industry. Past experience as well as interest in learning the market are a plus.

Interview Questions

Interview

Take an assessment - if you pass you will get an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation in pay - was union.

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was unusually long. This was an entry-level position I was interviewing for (right out of college), but was interviewed by a 10-person panel. Way overkill, in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Questions were a mix of technical and behavioral. Fair altogether.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Quick phone interview followed by a three person panel interview (1 recruiter, 1 hiring manager, and 1 technical supervisor). Recruiter led the conversation with question/answer format. Concluded interview in less than 30 minutes and closed with a quick honest handshake.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to be an electrical engineer?   1 Answer