CenterPoint Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.4

Energy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview Process was a Video Interview where you are ask preset questions via Hireview where you record and submit your answers. Personally I am not a big fan of pre-recorded interviews as it makes the whole process seem very cold and automated.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are you salary expectations   1 Answer

Construction and Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Smithville, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a panel interview. The interviewers were very friendly and welcoming. The process took the whole hour as I was given ample time to describe myself, background, and accomplishments.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy in March 2017.

Interview

On campus interview, I spoke with a recruiter to set up a time. The interview was very relaxing; it was basically a casual conversation where I spoke about my past experiences. It was the best interview experience I've ever had. I received a call 2 weeks later and got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you led a team and the results.   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you changed a process and what was the result.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied through university career fair. About 2 weeks later I received an email to participate in the first round of interviews which consisted of a digital interview. 1 week after that I was notified that I made it to the second round which was a face to face interview with 3 Engineers in Houston.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about a time you showed leadership.

-Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, 5 days later was sent an invitation to conduct a digital interview via (HireVue). Completed the digital interview which was not as bad as I thought originally. Was asked 1 multiple choice question, and 8 basic questions directly related to the role I applied for. All behavior questions, use the STAR format.

Training is about 10 weeks. You are measured on metrics, sales quotas. Requires to be on a rotational schedule that requires operations that work 365 /24/7 including Holidays.

One tip I would give is, brush up on your past experience, and how it relates to this role. Look at the job requirements, and all of the answers are pretty much there. After about a week later I was invited to second round interview in the Downtown Houston location. Awaiting the outcome of the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• This position requires a strong commitment to be on-time and meet all training, metrics, and sales quota requirements. How does your background, and past or present experience line up with this role?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Interview

Behavioural interview. Met with one woman who led me to another man and left me with him. He explained the company structure and possibilities for work as a Co-op and asked basic behavioural questions as well as reviewing my resume.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you worked outside of the box on a project   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Interview

Very casual but informative. Eager to tell you about the company and the opportunities there. Made you feel very comfortable and encouraged questions. They seemed very interested in getting to know you.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Associate Customer Service job in June. I received an invite about a month later requesting an interactive interview. This was pretty cool. About three weeks later I was contacted via phone to set up an in person interview.

The in person interviews was in a large room with other candidates waiting to be interviewed. There are about 8-10 Centerpoint employees, two per room, waiting to interview with you. My interviewer was RUDE. He had a very condescending tone. It's a call center, customer service job, not quantum physics. I answered the questions clearly and leveraged some expertise I had acquired from a similar industry to answer my questions in STAR format. He was clearly intimidated by me and for no reason I could think of. If you want this job be ghetto and dumb it down!

Customer Service Interview

Interview

The video interview was kind of strange, but very convenient. The process was about 20 minutes and with 2 weeks. I was scheduled for a face to face interview which was the typical interview environment

Interview Questions

• how would my past work experience benefit me in this job position   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Day long meeting with entire staff and company President. Went with each upper level manager throughout the plant and discussed present and future growth challenges and procedures. Very intensive process with a highly successful company that is at the forefront technologically.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about leadership abilities and future technological projections   Answer Question