CenterPoint Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CenterPoint Energy Interview Questions

Interviews at CenterPoint Energy

2.5

Gas Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Interview

I applied online and got a email for a 3 person interview panel the process of that took about 3 plus weeks still waiting on a call if I got the job or not

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a conflict you may have had with an employee and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Gas Measurement Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Interview

I applied online and got invited to take part in a video recording interview where you record a video of your answers to questions that you're given and you send it to the company for review. It's never a good sign when companies use this, it shows a lack of respect for candidates' time and an inability to filter out candidates properly. I sent in my recordings and was invited to an in person interview a few days later. I was interviewed by a panel of four people of varying positions, one was my would be peer if I were to be hired, another my would be manager, and the two others were of even higher positions.
         Before starting, one of the interviewers acknowledged that candidates dislike the video recording interview and how some candidates don't even bother sending in a video at all. He said all of this in an apologetic manner and mentioned how HR is the one who made the decision to implement the video recording interviews as well as the questions for the interview we were having currently. This was the first red flag and it told me that HR and the team I was applying for are not on the same page and that they're having difficulty recruiting talent properly. After sometime in the interview they explained more about the job in detail. They talked about many job responsibilities that were not listed on the online job posting. This was the second red flag as the online job posting described a mostly analyst position but the interviewers described the position as something more akin to tech support for their field workers.
         After answering some more questions I was asked if I have any questions for them. I asked how many hours a week this position usually required. One of the interviewers explained it was mostly 40 hours a week, but wouldn't commit to a number. Then the manager of the team I would've been on if hired, who at this point had not spoken much at all, stated in an aggressive tone that he expects everyone working under him to work as late as he needs them to. This was another red flag, getting aggressive and saying the equivalent of "I expect everyone under me to do exactly what I say" is not an appropriate reaction, especially in an interview, and shows poor management skills.

Gas Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Interview

I got an email from CenterPoint Energy requesting for an interview through an app called HireVue. The app just asked me a series of questions and recorded my responses.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy in February 2020.

Interview

I got the first interview through my university and the questions were all behavioral. It was with two current gas associate engineers. It was more of a straight question and answer scenario than a conversation like other interviews I've had.

Intern Interview

Interview

Process was more over easy and it was scheduled to fit the students need and convenience .Not only that there was the introduction of video interview and a few days was allocated to give prep time for this

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy in November 2019.

Interview

Received an email inviting me to conduct a video interview. I can appreciate the appeal video interviews to the organization but they are (IMO), a bit more stressful than face-to-face interviews. Once you log in, you have the opportunity to go through practice questions, which is helpful. Once you start, there's no stopping or do-overs. For this role, there was 8-9 questions total but one was an on-screen multiple choice question so that wasn't difficult. Once the question is shown, you have 30 seconds to think about/formulate a response and 2-3 minutes to record your response.
    I did okay but felt I didn't crush it and that was confirmed in their reject email received a week following the video interview. If you do your normal prep and understand what the role requires, it's not crazy difficult.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe your experience in creating strategic marketing plans?
      2. What experience do you have with content creation?
      3. Describe your experience analyzing customer campaign data?
      4. Do you have any other education or training to share not shown on your resume?
      5. What experience do you have an energy efficiency?   Answer Question

Gas Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Interview

This was an online recorded interview with personality based questions. Think there were about 5 and you get two practice questions to help prepare. Responses are about 2-3 minutes with 1 minute to prepare.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online, got to do the assessment, then HireVue video which is nothing new to me, because major banks have been doing this at least 4, 5 years so it was easy. Received a call from a reqruiter to schedule a phone interview only in the end for her to schedule me for an in-person interview which I found very strange. In the interview itself there were 3 people, which either have some seniority or are team supervisors but non of them seem to have any HR skills. They seemed to have glanced over my resume a minute before I came in. It was a relaxed but a very unprofessional atmosphere because they all had the same forms with questions of which they read the questions from and all were writing down what I was saying...Makes no sense to me for 3 people to write the same thing. One of the guys seemed totally uninterested, was reading all the requirements off a printed document, was yawning, and I could tell that he was just waiting to get out of that small office or room we were at. It all felt very staged and fake and I have to say that I probably wasn't selected because of being not of the same skin color as all 3 of them...racism at its best....

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Evansville, IN).

Interview

Online through HireView. I hap applied online.
    was my first online interview. I took it on campus and practiced before. question pops up, 30 sec to prepare, 3 min to answer

Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Interview

The first step was an HR phone screening interview. After that screening phone call, I was invited to do an online computer automated video interview. You use the camera feature on your computer and login with the credentials given. Then, you can take a few practice questions before beginning. The questions are written on the screen, but you don't see them in advance and you are timed in answering the questions and there are no do-overs.