CenterPoint Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 1, 2017

2.4

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied through university career fair. About 2 weeks later I received an email to participate in the first round of interviews which consisted of a digital interview. 1 week after that I was notified that I made it to the second round which was a face to face interview with 3 Engineers in Houston.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about a time you showed leadership.

-Why should we hire you?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, 5 days later was sent an invitation to conduct a digital interview via (HireVue). Completed the digital interview which was not as bad as I thought originally. Was asked 1 multiple choice question, and 8 basic questions directly related to the role I applied for. All behavior questions, use the STAR format.

Training is about 10 weeks. You are measured on metrics, sales quotas. Requires to be on a rotational schedule that requires operations that work 365 /24/7 including Holidays.

One tip I would give is, brush up on your past experience, and how it relates to this role. Look at the job requirements, and all of the answers are pretty much there. After about a week later I was invited to second round interview in the Downtown Houston location. Awaiting the outcome of the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• This position requires a strong commitment to be on-time and meet all training, metrics, and sales quota requirements. How does your background, and past or present experience line up with this role?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Interview

Behavioural interview. Met with one woman who led me to another man and left me with him. He explained the company structure and possibilities for work as a Co-op and asked basic behavioural questions as well as reviewing my resume.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you worked outside of the box on a project   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Interview

Very casual but informative. Eager to tell you about the company and the opportunities there. Made you feel very comfortable and encouraged questions. They seemed very interested in getting to know you.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Associate Customer Service job in June. I received an invite about a month later requesting an interactive interview. This was pretty cool. About three weeks later I was contacted via phone to set up an in person interview.

The in person interviews was in a large room with other candidates waiting to be interviewed. There are about 8-10 Centerpoint employees, two per room, waiting to interview with you. My interviewer was RUDE. He had a very condescending tone. It's a call center, customer service job, not quantum physics. I answered the questions clearly and leveraged some expertise I had acquired from a similar industry to answer my questions in STAR format. He was clearly intimidated by me and for no reason I could think of. If you want this job be ghetto and dumb it down!

Customer Service Interview

Interview

The video interview was kind of strange, but very convenient. The process was about 20 minutes and with 2 weeks. I was scheduled for a face to face interview which was the typical interview environment

Interview Questions

• how would my past work experience benefit me in this job position   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Day long meeting with entire staff and company President. Went with each upper level manager throughout the plant and discussed present and future growth challenges and procedures. Very intensive process with a highly successful company that is at the forefront technologically.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about leadership abilities and future technological projections   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Interview

It was one on one interview with a Customer Service Supervisor. I believe the questions where average but I had Customer Service experience which helped me get through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

After applying for the position online I received an email a day or so later for a video interview. A week later I received a call to come in for a face to face. I arrived at the location where the interview was held to find a room full of other candidates waiting to be interviewed. After a short wait I was called in a room for a interview. The lady interviewing me was very nice and I felt like it went well. If you prepare for the interview you will do well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict between to co workers. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, interview via video chat, not difficult at all, mostly common sense questions, haven't heard back it has been a week since the interview. No technical questions just behavioral

Interview Questions

• What was the last project your work on and what was your role?   2 Answers