CenterPoint Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CenterPoint Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2018

2.5

Marketing Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied online. I received an email invitation about two weeks later to do a video interview via HireVue. The video interview lasted about 16 minutes and asked around nine sales oriented questions. Three weeks later, I received a call from HR inviting me to a face to face interview. She followed up with an email. I interviewed with a panel of three members of management. They took turns asking preset primarily behavioral questions. I answered in STAR format. It was not conversational at all because they were focused on writing down answers in their pamphlets. By the end of the week, received a rejection email.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

Takes forever from time of application to even contact you. I wonder how a company thinks candidates would sit around waiting for an opportunity to interview with this company.
    Step 1: Video interview with generic inventory-related questions. Not sure if they’re looking for an inventory manager or sourcing specialist.
    Step 2: In-person interview that took almost 2 months after video interview before you're invited to interview.

Two interviewers writing and taking notes with a pre-determined set of questions. I already accepted another offer with another company and wanted to "get a feel" of what it's like working there. I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Inventory-related questions for someone above entry-level positions. Things you'd already know about contracts, communicating and MRP systems.   1 Answer

Tele-Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 weeks. I applied online and 2 days later I was sent an invitation to do a video interview through HireVue. They ask1 multiple choice questions and 8 behavioral based questions about past work experience and how you would handle certain work situations. A day after that I was sent an assessment to complete that was customer service based and that asked several behavioral based questions. 3 days later I was asked to come to the corporate offices in downtown Houston, TX to do an in-person interview. My first interview was sort of like a screening of my skills and past work experience with someone from Talent Acquisition, then I was moved to the next phase with an interview with 2 of the Managers for the Contact Center where they asked situational behavior based questions and stressed the need for schedule flexibility.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me what you would do if your direct supervisor gave you a task that was unsafe to perform?   Answer Question

Conservation Improvement Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2018.

Interview

Did a video interview that was really strange and the first time I had to do something like that. Then was invited to do an in person interview with a Manager and a Director. It was pretty easy and the conversation flowed easily.

Human Resource Business Partner/Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

To start I will say that the overall interview process was about 3 months. The first interview consisted of a virtual HireVue interview where they asked 4 questions, as means of screening and advancing you to the next round. The Second interview consisted of a live 45 min HireVue virtual session with 2 HR managers. The Third interview (a month later) was with 2 HR managers and a business leader. I believe there was one final informal interview after this stage but didn't make it. All in all, it was a great experience, however, I do think that they should reexamine their recruiting approach to narrow down the cycle time. A 3-month lifecycle may have been feasible in modern-day recruiting, but in today's competitive and ever-changing world, top talent isn't going to wait. So that would be the only piece of feedback i have with the overall process.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about your current job? What do you like least?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Interview

Short interview process. I interviewed on campus with two department heads. Interview was 30 minutes and asked basic behavioral questions. I met with a recruiter before the interview and we spoke about what to expect for the interview and who I was interviewing with.

Office Service Interview

Interview

digital interview did the interview at home. the process when really good. this website help me out so more. they ask you 9 question about data, reports, and customer service.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Interview

2:1 Interview on campus. Recruiters were nice people. They mainly asked behavioral questions and questions about my resume. They also asked a couple easy questions about basic financial technicals.

Systems Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

First, I sent in a recorded interview. Then I was offered a face to face interview with a panel consisting of an IT manager and 3 supervisors. They took turns asking me a series of questions, mostly pertaining to following processes and overcoming difficulties in previous positions. The IT manager was pretty disinterested the entire interview, spending a great deal of time texting on his phone. One of the supervisors put down my skills and implied I don't really have any. At the end of the interview, they gave me the old "We have other people to interview, so we'll let you know either way." That, in addition to how weak their handshakes were at the end told me they did not envision me as the best candidate for the position. They never contacted me after that.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to prioritize your time and what process did you follow to complete all of your tasks.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (College Station, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and went to the school career fair at my university. The interview process began with a verification call to make sure I was still interested. After there was confirmation of my interest, there was a digital interview that had pre-recorded questions (about 6), Once that was complete there another phone call that ended up as an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is a professional goal you wish to accomplish in your career?   Answer Question