CenterPoint Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CenterPoint Energy Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2018

2.4

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Interview

Short interview process. I interviewed on campus with two department heads. Interview was 30 minutes and asked basic behavioral questions. I met with a recruiter before the interview and we spoke about what to expect for the interview and who I was interviewing with.

Office Service Interview

Interview

digital interview did the interview at home. the process when really good. this website help me out so more. they ask you 9 question about data, reports, and customer service.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Interview

2:1 Interview on campus. Recruiters were nice people. They mainly asked behavioral questions and questions about my resume. They also asked a couple easy questions about basic financial technicals.

Systems Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

First, I sent in a recorded interview. Then I was offered a face to face interview with a panel consisting of an IT manager and 3 supervisors. They took turns asking me a series of questions, mostly pertaining to following processes and overcoming difficulties in previous positions. The IT manager was pretty disinterested the entire interview, spending a great deal of time texting on his phone. One of the supervisors put down my skills and implied I don't really have any. At the end of the interview, they gave me the old "We have other people to interview, so we'll let you know either way." That, in addition to how weak their handshakes were at the end told me they did not envision me as the best candidate for the position. They never contacted me after that.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to prioritize your time and what process did you follow to complete all of your tasks.   1 Answer

C & M Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy in October 2017.

Interview

Process took a month and a half. Submitted resume/application through company website in middle of August. Received an email approximately 3 weeks later to take part in a Hirevue online interview that was easy. 2 weeks after that I received a call from a recruiter to come in for a sit down panel interview the next week. I knew I wasn't getting the job from the moment the guy came into the waiting area to greet me and bring me back into the interview. Before I could even sit down he was saying very loudly to the other 2 interviewers how he knew my family and what not. The questions were very repetitive and they seemed non interested the entire time. I was over qualified for the position and thought that would be a plus but I guess they are on the "good ole boy system" here in Gulfport, MS so I assume someone that the Supervisor is friends with got the job. I could tell by the very weak and feminine way each one shook my hand at the end that I had wasted my time and money even going. If you don't know someone at this company don't even waste your time applying for any of the technician jobs TRUST ME.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to go out of your way for a customer.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (College Station, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and went to the school career fair at my university. The interview process began with a verification call to make sure I was still interested. After there was confirmation of my interest, there was a digital interview that had pre-recorded questions (about 6), Once that was complete there another phone call that ended up as an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is a professional goal you wish to accomplish in your career?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Asked behavioral questions and basic questions such as stress and a difficult person you dealt with and the interview was fairly easy no need to be stressed or nervous honestly.

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a couple weeks later I got a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. The interview happened a week after the phone call. I went in and did the interview in downtown Houston. Two days later I got a call saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, How would you handle stress, workload, etc. Discuss your previous experiences and how they relate to the job.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was notified of initial acceptance after two weeks. Asked to participate in an initial video interview to act as a screening for candidates. Four questions required video responses and two required text input. After a few days I was notified I would be offered an opportunity to meet with some of the team and conduct an in-person interview. In-person interview by panel consisting of a mix a potential co-workers. There were approximately twelve questions but the panel had chosen to skip or reword several ending with a total of about eight questions.

Energy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview Process was a Video Interview where you are ask preset questions via Hireview where you record and submit your answers. Personally I am not a big fan of pre-recorded interviews as it makes the whole process seem very cold and automated.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are you salary expectations   1 Answer