CenterPoint Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.4

Technical Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was notified of initial acceptance after two weeks. Asked to participate in an initial video interview to act as a screening for candidates. Four questions required video responses and two required text input. After a few days I was notified I would be offered an opportunity to meet with some of the team and conduct an in-person interview. In-person interview by panel consisting of a mix a potential co-workers. There were approximately twelve questions but the panel had chosen to skip or reword several ending with a total of about eight questions.

Energy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview Process was a Video Interview where you are ask preset questions via Hireview where you record and submit your answers. Personally I am not a big fan of pre-recorded interviews as it makes the whole process seem very cold and automated.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are you salary expectations   1 Answer

Construction and Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Smithville, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a panel interview. The interviewers were very friendly and welcoming. The process took the whole hour as I was given ample time to describe myself, background, and accomplishments.

Finance/Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy in April 2017.

Interview

A very quick, fairly easy, behavioral interview.

Mostly expanded what was on my resume.

We talked a lot about leadership experience and interest/comfort-ability with public speaking.

There was one technical question related to accounting/finance.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy in March 2017.

Interview

On campus interview, I spoke with a recruiter to set up a time. The interview was very relaxing; it was basically a casual conversation where I spoke about my past experiences. It was the best interview experience I've ever had. I received a call 2 weeks later and got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you led a team and the results.   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you changed a process and what was the result.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied through university career fair. About 2 weeks later I received an email to participate in the first round of interviews which consisted of a digital interview. 1 week after that I was notified that I made it to the second round which was a face to face interview with 3 Engineers in Houston.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about a time you showed leadership.

-Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, 5 days later was sent an invitation to conduct a digital interview via (HireVue). Completed the digital interview which was not as bad as I thought originally. Was asked 1 multiple choice question, and 8 basic questions directly related to the role I applied for. All behavior questions, use the STAR format.

Training is about 10 weeks. You are measured on metrics, sales quotas. Requires to be on a rotational schedule that requires operations that work 365 /24/7 including Holidays.

One tip I would give is, brush up on your past experience, and how it relates to this role. Look at the job requirements, and all of the answers are pretty much there. After about a week later I was invited to second round interview in the Downtown Houston location. Awaiting the outcome of the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• This position requires a strong commitment to be on-time and meet all training, metrics, and sales quota requirements. How does your background, and past or present experience line up with this role?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Interview

Behavioural interview. Met with one woman who led me to another man and left me with him. He explained the company structure and possibilities for work as a Co-op and asked basic behavioural questions as well as reviewing my resume.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you worked outside of the box on a project   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Interview

Very casual but informative. Eager to tell you about the company and the opportunities there. Made you feel very comfortable and encouraged questions. They seemed very interested in getting to know you.

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to recruiter at career fair. Was contacted a few days later to set up an interview on campus. The interview was with an engineer so they were able to explain to me the roles that I would be helping with in great detail

Interview Questions

• Traditional behavioral questions, questions related to your course work.   Answer Question