Centerview Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

3.5

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Centerview Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

Had on campus interview on Friday and heard back that night that I was invited to the superday in NYC the next morning. Did not email back to say I did not get the offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Focused on fit, with a couple of brainteasers. Basically making sure you're an intelligent person with a personality. Make sure you know the basic technical questions inside and out. Don't be boring and make good eye contact.

Interview Questions

• Out of all the people you know, what percentage of them are not a fan of yours? Why?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Centerview Partners (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First, I submitted an application through my college's online database of employers. Then, I did a first round interview over the phone that was half technical and half behavioral. For the Superday, there were 6 30 minute interviews. Three of the interviews were behavioral, two were technical, and one was creative and critical thinking.

Interview Questions

• If your life was a movie who would play the lead and what would the title be?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Centerview Partners.

Interview

The interviewees were awesome but it was definitely one of the most difficult interviews I've had. Lots of accretion dilution, mental math, etc. Also behavioral, fit, brain teasers, etc. but heavy technical particularly in M&A (since that's what we do here). Unfortunately also a lot of stuff that isn’t in the M&I guides.

Interview Questions

• long division mental math, brain teasers (if you could get rid of one state, which one and why), and obviously plenty of technicals   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Centerview Partners (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

lengthy, mix of technical and fun questions - e.g. "What would a movie about your life be called," stern interviewers (hard to gage reaction), but overall positive experience. First a phone interview, then 2 on 1 in person, then 5 interviews in-office 2 on 1

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centerview Partners in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewer by a manager on campus, he was really nice but felt like from the start he was not interested in even considering me for the position. Didn't ask any finance related or market related questions, walked through my resume and asked a question about a recent book I read. Also gave me a paper of 4,5 very simple math questions to finish. Seriously primary school level brainteasers. Didn't understand why that was important...Also, didn't ask any question about why company or why industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centerview Partners (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for an SA role through standard OCR. Standard superday, but surprisingly mostly fit and barely any technicals. Overall, really friendly guys and it seems they have a great culture. Would strongly recommend applying for anyone interested.

Interview Questions

• How does the presence of PIC debt impact an LBO?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Centerview Partners.

Interview

Applied using on campus recruiting for first round interview at my university. A principal and associate interviewed me. They were friendly and came from bulge brackets. They wanted to know as much about me as possible, and asked if I had transaction experience.

Interview Questions

• Company A has $40 in earnings and 10 shares outstanding, and buys company B which has $25 in earnings and 5 shares outstanding. The purchase price is 12X earnings, paid with cash using debt at 6% interest. Tax rate is 40%. What is the accretion per share?   1 Answer
    • What is 59*21?   3 Answers

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Centerview Partners (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied via the university portal, and was invited in for a first round interview shortly after. It was a two on one interview (a principal and associate). They were very friendly and were good at putting you at ease whilst doing the interview. They dug pretty deep into accretion/dilution questions, and sort of filled up the rest of the time with random banking technicals.

Interview Questions

• A lily pad doubles in size every day. On the 30th day, the lily pad has covered the entire pond. How long did it take the lily pad to grow to 1/8 the size of the pond?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Centerview Partners in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online after reaching out to an associate there who was an alumni of my old school. Didn't hear back for a few weeks but ultimately had two online interviews and then a superday. Questions were as expected so using any respectable guide to prep is more than enough. The online interviews were basically split -- one was purely technical while the other interview was purely behavioral...overall though nothing to out of the ordinary.