Cerami & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Financial Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerami & Associates (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

They approached me through my LinkedIn profile. First interview with HR, second interview with CFO/COO and third interview with CEO. HR and CFO were great but there's something seriously wrong with the CEO. She's very arrogant, unprofessional and most unfriendly CEO I have ever met. No interview manners what so ever. This company has unstructured and high turn over accounting department. I don't believe anyone can work with this CEO for long term. No word from HR after the interview with CEO. Received many calls from different recruiters regarding the same position.

Interview Questions

• 1) Very childish Deltek software questions.

2) More questions about my past position 20 years ago then the current position.

3) Tried asking technical accounting questions to put you down.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cerami & Associates (New York, NY).

Interview

This was years ago and hopefully things have improved. Met with the staff and they were great. At the end of the interview, I was asked to submit a letter that explained why I wanted to work there. Considering I had taken a day off from work and traveled a couple of hours to go to the review, I thought this was inappropriate.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a project that the company where I was working previously had been awarded. They wanted to know how that company was able to provide a proposal for work that was at such a low price because they could not compete.   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerami & Associates (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with HR & company Partner. Short and sweet and to the point. Was given the opportunity to ask questions as well. Enjoyed the process. Both that interviewed me were kind and warm - not overly friendly but direct. Was clear about the expectations and was probably one of the most enjoyable interviews I've experienced.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiation because I was originally hired through a staffing agency.

Senior Acoustic Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cerami & Associates (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

First of all, if you are in the acoustics industry you probably know Cerami has a bit of a reputation for high turnover and poorer than average growth potential. However, I was contacted multiple times by recruiter claiming to be their exclusive recruiter and saying that they had worked hard to revamp their work practices after taking a hard look at the company. Recruiter seemed motivated and interesting (as usual) so I

She scheduled a phoner between myself and one of the senior partners at Cerami. When it came time to talk the individual missed not one but 4 appointments we had made, each time calling me back more than an hour after our scheduled time.

When I finally got him on the phone days later he was uninterested and only seemed like he wanted to know about my current companies NYC group ie how many of us there were, what we specialized in, etc. There was no followup on my or their part.

Steer far clear of this place.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer mainly tried to seem to feel me out about my current company i.e. what our NYC group did, how many of us there were, etc.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerami & Associates (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied independently via email. Phone screen then an in-person interview with current admins including the receptionist and an HR person. Did not meet the executive I'd be supporting. The 45 minute interview was pleasant, relatively easy. Admins expressed joy in working there. I heard nothing afterwards and followed up with HR who said they were still in the beginning stages. Followed up weeks later again and heard nothing back. Typical unprofessional ghosting culture many HR coordinators promote nowadays. No feedback, not even a generic rejection email was sent.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working for difficult/demanding people?   Answer Question

Acoustics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cerami & Associates in November 2018.

Interview

I reached out to Cerami HR, and then submitted my cover letter and resume. Hr was friendly and within a week, I was contacted to come in for an interview. Interview was extremely casual, no curveball questions, overall positive experience.