Champps Americana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Champps Americana

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Champps Americana (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through a job search website and they emailed me the next day, so I received an appointment for an interview, which is great, they are quick with answering emails.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would advice you to be yourself and answer the questions thoroughly.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Champps Americana.

Interview

When they interview someone, they already know they will hire you. They will hire anyone. The interview was easy and I almost felt over prepared. The only problem is that different managers do interviews and they do not communicate with each other. If you tell one manager your schedule or experience or lack thereof, do not count on them letting any other manager know.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me much at all. They asked me to tell them about myself and I did most of the talking and then they offered me the job.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Champps Americana in June 2015.

Interview

The whole interview was very casual and friendly. I was nervous because I had no experience serving in a restaurant other then hostessing when I was in high school. The front of house manager hired me on the spot. Took about 20 minutes total.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Champps Americana (Lansing, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

You go in and tell a waiter/waitress that you have an interview. They tell you where to sit and usually ask if you'd like anything to drink. You wait awhile for a manger and then they come over and just talk about the job mostly. You basically already have it when you come in, since they are very desperate for employees (at least at the Champps at 2800 Preyde Blvd, Lansing, Michigan 48912) as many employees quit due to being mistreated. So it's very easy usually.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work mornings, afternoons, or nights?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Champps Americana in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process has changed since Champp's went bankrupt for the second time and was bought by One Last Call (very ironic right?). I walked in and was hired on the spot now that their desperate since almost 20 servers, bartenders and hosts quit they at first did everything online. Now they have a computer set up with the General Manager desperately looking for anybody.

Interview Questions

• Since General Managers changed over the interview process has changed since I started working at Champp's. I do know that she tends to care about hosts, servers or bartenders following corporate policies and being entertaining to customers.   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Champps Americana (Edison, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

I did two interviews. When I filled out the application in restaurant the manager in charge of hosts was there and asked me a few questions about myself and availability--if I was available on weekends. Probably a week later I interviewed with the general manager at that location and he asked me about myself and my work experience. Basically if you got a second interview there it meant they wanted to hire you. It was kind of luck if your application got picked out of the pile or if you were referred by an employee they liked.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Champps Americana (Durham, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

I was wearing a striped button-up and jeans and applied on a whim (I'm female). I brought in my application without a resume and the general manager happened to be standing at the host stand when I walked in. He invited me to come sit down so we could go through the application. I had originally intended to start as a hostess but he said that he had enough and didn't need any, and instead offered me a position as a server. I accepted and was hired on the spot, after talking for roughly 5-8 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of how you have helped a customer in the past?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have serving, and if you have none, how can you use your knowledge from past jobs to help you with this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Serving is a non-negotiable position. You make about 2.13/hr but you receive tips.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Champps Americana in January 2007.

Interview

was a new restaurant opening and so they were hiring for all positions. held interviews at a hotel. had to fill out application and then wait to talk to floor manager. if you made it past this first interview then you would wait to speak with someone higher up. offered job on the spot.