Chapman University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.3

Mail Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chapman University (Orange, CA).

Interview

It was easy once you get an interview, but you better follow up on it yourself. HR is a little shady, so if you know someone you have a better shot at getting hired. You will have to wait a little while because they have to leave the posting up for 5 days. The questions for my job were more based on my personality than experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in shipping or receiving   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Campus Tour Guide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chapman University.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward, they want to know your skills and your personality better. They ask a couple of questions about how you manage conflict, they basically want to know more about how you work in a group and if you would be a good fit. At the end they ask you quick fast questions similar to the ones on the Chapman application, these are meant to be fun and you shouldnt prepare an answer. They ask you to prepare a brief presentation about anything on campus (can be a program, building, etc) then you have around 10 minutes to answer a fake email using information from the website.

Interview Questions

• If an angry parent called you asking why their child wasn't admitted to Chapman, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will email you in a couple of weeks after the interview, you can either accept or decline the offer and go from there. They are very clear and helpful during the entire process.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chapman University (Orange, CA).

Interview

Small interview panel (3 people). It was over pretty quick (20 minutes). The interview also included am exam that tested my skills with MS Word, Excel. They use PeopleSoft now. I wasn't asked about PeopleSoft but I was asked about their old system.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualifications? Why do you want to work at Chapman University?   Answer Question

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chapman University (Orange, CA).

Interview

Phone call, followed by in person interview, followed by second in person interview with a team. I was asked many different questions about my skills, my approach to working with others, and how I'd handle difficult situations. It was basically par for the course for interviews I've had. I recommend dressing very conservatively for your first interview and taking cues from the person conducting the interview about how to dress at the second interview. Allow ample time to find parking as it's a challenge in the area.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Chapman? Why do you want to work at Chapman?   Answer Question

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chapman University (Orange, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was 3 interviews with staff but over all was great, it was very intense on the demonstration of skills and programming side. However, I was able to speak to my own assets and my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you advise a difficult student?   1 Answer

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chapman University (Orange, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Application online through org sync and then go in for interview. Check in at check in table and the wait for interview part 1 with a professional staff member and staff member where 4 questions are asked. Then interview part two with different professional staff memb member and student staff member ask a different set of four questions.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics do you have that would make you a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chapman University (Orange, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume to be reviewed.
    Heard back within a week. I had one phone interview mainly to go over information.
    I was called to schedule an in person interview a week later.
    I had my face to face interview that lasted 45 minutes and was sent an offer one day after interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with student organizations?
      What is a challenge you experienced when implementing a change in an organization?
      Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chapman University.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who was graduating and I directly spoke to the supervisor if they had any positions open. He was friendly, had a little chat and said he was looking for help in the lab. It dint feel like an interview. It was more like a conversation.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chapman University.

Interview

Every department is different for the more managerial roles there is usually a presentation that needs to be given to a large group, then there are a couple of individual interviews. The process is usually a phone interview and then it get narrowed down to 5-6 applicants, then you are called in for a full day interview process described above.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chapman University (Orange, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was told by a professor to apply for the position. I went on to the employment section of the university's website and filled out the necessary information, including have to make a profile with the university and answering a variety of yes or no questions. Finally, I submitted my resume, the application that was required, as well as a cover letter.