Charles River Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles River Associates Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied via university. First round was on-campus. Second round was in Boston offices (my preferred location). Consisted of four 30-minute interviews--two with junior staff, two with senior staff. Interviews with junior staff were cases; interviews with senior staff were "fit" interviews.

Interview Questions

• An investor wants to start a coffee shop in this lobby of this building, and he wants to turn a profit within a year. (This question was very open-ended.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through on campus recruitment and got an interview offer 2 days after my submission. Did an interview a week after my submission. 30 mins long interview (on campus recruting)
    5-10 mins about introduction and the rest for research experience.
    Mainly focused around data manipulation tasks experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic fit interview with a focus on research experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

This is about the first round interview. Happens on campus, lasts 45 minutes. First half about your resume: details about past research experience, what kind of data you were working with, etc. Short economic consulting case for second half.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles River Associates.

Interview

I interviewed for the Associate Consultant position. They called me and did a phone screening within a week or so after applying. Then after a couple weeks, they asked me to do a first round case interview by Skype. This was after I had done multiple rounds of interviews with other firms, so I have a little bit of baseline to compare against. The case was a basic market sizing case, but when I asked for simple clarification or for basic data, she was very unhelpful and appeared to think her ambiguous answers were amusing. Honestly, it seemed like she had no idea what she was doing. I was certain I didn't want to work for them after the experience, so I didn't worry about it. Then, my next correspondence came like 3 weeks later from recruiting...asking me how my job search was going and saying they were putting the position on hold for a time. What???

I had basically written them off and got offers from other firms in the meantime. Then, all of a sudden, like 2 months after interviewing, I got a rejection letter from them. Overall, their recruiting process was very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Basic market sizing question (i.e. what is the addressable market for this drug?)   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates in September 2017.

Interview

First round interview was a video call screening with a senior and junior staff from different practices. They were very interested in learning about my skill sets in data analysis and software used.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Associates in September 2017.

Interview

Basically, they asked you some questions about your previous experience. They also gave you a case study. The case study was not that difficult but you need to be very careful. The interview last 30 minutes.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I got a call 5 months after I applied to interview for a position I didn't even apply for. Half way through the interview the person told me there must have been a mistake in the selection application. I never heard back again from them, despite emailing and calling. Unbelievably rude.

Interview Questions

Charles River Associates Response

Sep 16, 2017 – Manager

I apologize for what appears to be an unacceptable miscommunication. All of our applicants receive an acknowledgement of their application with an update on next steps. We are fortunate that we... More

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles River Associates.

Interview

Very similar to academic interviews for assistant professor roles. You have to present your job market paper and meet with a number of senior staff members during the day.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting and not academia?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Associates.

Interview

1st round behavioral, final round was told to be just behavioral, ended up having a few case questions. they say that it is just to get to know you because skills can be taught but personality cant be

Interview Questions

• To explain the modeling and analysis and takeaway from a econometrics class I had taken   1 Answer

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

20-30 minute phone interview with HR rep discussing the basics of the role. Then met with the general counsel in-person to discuss the position in more detail. Pretty laid back conversation, more about personality than anything else.