Charles River Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles River Associates Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

since I am not in CA, I got a pretty long phone interview, around 1 hour;
    They asked about my research experience, really detail;
    There is a short case at the end, typical case for economic consulting companies, not hard;
    Just went through your independent research in every detail, and review some microeconomics concepts if you have time

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (New York, NY).

Interview

It was quite draining. Consisted of an Excel case, and 3 behavioral interviews - fully resume based, and pretty grilling. Also had lunch with the analysts. Overall not too difficult, but certainly mentally taxing.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a first round interview on campus with alums who currently working at CRA. I was basically asked questions about my past experience with data and softwares like Excel and STATA, why CRA and econ consulting, my favorite classes so far, and internship experience. Overall it was very chill but don't understand why I didn't proceed to the next round

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Associates.

Interview

Applied through University Recruiting and interviewed on campus. Basically just a 30 minute behavioral interview for first round. They seem to be very concentrated on technical skills (model building, using STATA and R.. etc.) and less on traditional behavioral questions. They also value research experience immensely. Difficult to find undergrads who have such extensive data analysis skills. Definitely know your statistical software in and out.

Interview Questions

• Why CRA
      Do you have any experience modeling
      Can you tell us about an experience when you had to use STATA
      Tell us about a time when you had to handle a lot of data
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Oakland, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on my career center website, and got an interview on campus. I was also invited for a second interview in the Oakland office. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Explain an econometric concept to me as if I were an undergrad.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was on campus with an alumnus and another analyst, very behavioral. Asked questions about my resume, experiences, and interest in the company. Overall relaxed and fun.

Second round was at the DC office for a superday with ~8 other interview candidates, consisting of 6 or so back to back interviews. Once again the focus was behavioral, they seemed to really be focused on fit. Lots of questions about data, interest in economic consulting, and past experience. NO CASES, which is atypical for the industry.

Interview Questions

• What is an economic concept that you live by?
      Tell me about a data-intensive project that you've worked on in school?
      Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates.

Interview

Charles River Associates interview of economic PhD candidates follows standard practice. This includes a job talk / seminar including detailed questions on the interviewer's job market paper. There are also interviews with staff members in the practice you would be joining. Interviewers are interested in both the candidate's research as well as their interest in litigation consulting and the types of problems that the company addresses.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join CRA (especially vis-a-vis academia)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Bloomington, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interview. First round was on-campus interview, and second round is at the office. The first round interview was mainly talk about my experiences and interests. No technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus 30-min interview with 2 interviewers. I had this interview at college career service. Two candidates were interviewed separately in one time slot. One candidate was interviewed by one interviewer, and one interviewed by two. I was interviewed by two. The questions were quite standard. They asked my about my proficiency and experience using STATA and R and questions based on my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Boston, MA).

Interview

The entire process entailed college campus recruiting, the initial phone interview, then an all-day on-site final round interview with multiple members of the practice group and lunch with a junior member. Everyone was extremely professional and polite. The culture of the company, at least in the Boston HQ, seems collegial and academic. Despite its large size, the company does a good job maintaining a small-company atmosphere and open culture. People work well together on teams and across the various practice groups. The company has an excellent reputation in the industry, attracting many high-profile clients and interesting projects, which provide a great learning experience for junior members of the group.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and for this particular practice?   Answer Question
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Charles River Associates Analyst Interview San Francisco, CA research experience
Charles River Associates Internship Interview New York, NY What did you do at your research apprenticeship?
Charles River Associates Associate Interview Philadelphia, PA What are your favorite classes?
Charles River Associates Analyst Interview Why CRA Do you have any experience modeling Can you tell us about an experience when you had to use STATA Tell us about a time when you had to handle a lot of data
Charles River Associates Analyst Interview Oakland, CA Explain an econometric concept to me as if I were an undergrad.
Charles River Associates Analyst Interview Washington, DC What is an economic concept that you live by? What data would you need to collect to make this model work? (in reference to a model I explained learned in class) Tell me about a data-intensive project that you've worked on in school?
Charles River Associates Senior Associate Interview Why do you want to join CRA (especially vis-a-vis academia)?
Charles River Associates Analyst Interview Bloomington, IN What make you interested in CRA?
Charles River Associates Analyst Interview Philadelphia, PA Your experience with STATA.
Charles River Associates Analyst Interview Boston, MA Why do you want to work here and for this particular practice?