Charter College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charter College Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charter College.

Interview

I met with the Campus President and then the Director of Admissions. The Director of Admissions was meeting with a student. I had to leave for an hour and come back to finish the interview. They gave me a tour of the campus and followed up the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe there are aliens?   1 Answer
    • Do you have good credit?   1 Answer

CTSS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter College (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

Initial phone interview and group in-person interview. All was very professional and executed well. Beautiful offices and complex; designed to impress. Office staff were professional and courteous. Any questions after the fact were answered quickly.

Interview Questions

• IT professional, been in the industry for over 15 years   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charter College.

Interview

They are desperate for employees because the turnover is so high. They'll ask any ridiculous question to make it look like an interview. They then rush through a background test to immediately hire whoever they can.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a student show up in a club dress and purple hair for an interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter College (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

Applied online was then invited to a group interview 9 or so people. When they went around you could tell almost immediatly by the answers to the questions who was getting called back. I was one of them. Phone interviewer asked questions to see if you can think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever read interviewing for dummies???   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay was set but ask questions about upward mobility and turn over.

Campus Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charter College (Santa Fe, NM) in April 2016.

Interview

After submitting my application, I was contacted via email to set up an initial Skype interview. The initial interview took place per the agreed-upon date & time. The young woman in Utah who conducted the interviewed was very pleasant and professional. The interview lasted approximately 20 minutes, after which time I was told I'd be contacted (via email) for a follow-up/secondary interview with another individual in management.
    The next interview was arranged as before, and a new date & time set. This time, however, I received a phone call at the designated hour from the woman with whom I was supposed to interview; she explained that she worked remotely, from home, and was experiencing disruptions due to maintenance testing of the fire/CO2 alert system at her residence, which resulted in a loud alarm going off at frequent intervals. She apologized and requested to reschedule the Skype interview. I understood, of course, and we rescheduled the interview for the following day at 5 PM my time.
    The next day, I waited at my laptop, my cell phone at my side, from 4:30 to 5:45, but she never called, either by Skype or phone. I checked my email in the meantime, but no message. In the days that followed, I did not receive any follow-up emails or phone calls from anyone at Charter College to clarify or explain the situation. I let it go, as I felt it might well be indicative of a lack of professional organization, communication and/or integrity, and was sure I didn't want to work with a management team that wasn't able to demonstrate these core characteristics within the interview process.

Interview Questions

• You've spent many years teaching; why do you want to work for Charter College in a non-teaching Support Specialist role now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter College (Vancouver, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was invited to the group interview by Ardie. At the group interview I was asked to describe myself. After being asked a question, 2 out of 4 people interviewing the group weren't even listening. I would say group interviews are pointless. I emailed Ardie a couple of days after the group interview to get a follow up - complete ignore! Did I not deserve "Sorry, you were not selected to continue on to the one-on-one interview process" at the least? Too bad, missed out on a good worker!

Interview Questions

Charter College Response

Mar 29, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like a copy of the original email sent to all candidates that were not selected for a final one-on-one interview. It... More

Student Records Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter College (South Jordan, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

Group interview, with 6 or more people. Asking questions from each person, going around in a circle asking the same question , giving the next person time to think how to answer the question. EVERY one saying the same thing 6 times over again and again. THE WORST INTERVIEW PROCESS THAT I HAVE BEEN TOO.

Interview Questions

• 1 st interview, what would you do if you didn't get the job?
      2nd interview question, you have 5 minutes to tell the student that she is not presentable for a job interview , what would you say and how would you tell her she needs to be more presentable for an interview?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you qualify for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter College (Sandy, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

After uploading my resume and filling out the application online, I had to complete 2 very long questionnaires that took about an hour each. I was emailed 5 days later to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager 2 days later. After the phone interview, I was invited to an in-person interview with the Director of Admissions.
    There was a scheduling conflict and the Director of Admissions was meeting with another interviewee when I arrived. I had to wait for 15 minutes before I met with the Assistant Director of Admissions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charter College.

Interview

Phone with HR then in person with campus president (group), then 1:1 with campus president. It was my second group interview at this level and this one was done right. Sharon the campus president was clear about the campus needs and the interviewees left with a clear indication of the job.

Interview Questions

• will not share, relevant and job related.   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charter College (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

They make you take an extensive online skills and personality assessment first. Then a telephone screening interview. Then you get to an interview. I was made an offer during interview.