Charter Schools USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charter Schools USA Interview Questions

Interviews at Charter Schools USA

2.4

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA.

Interview

Interview was done on phone. I was asked to explain how i would handle students in difficult situations and about my teaching experience.I was very confident on my answers during the questioning period. I was hired on the same day. And went for the one month training.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

It went smooth. You go through 5 part interview with several people. Its a long time but they want to be sure.

Negotiation

There was none they pay same for all people reguardless of years of experience. So its a general base pay. Don't expect raises they claim they have budget issues that prevent this.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I arrived at my interview day and no one knew i was going. Then they have to search the whole building to find the people I was supposed to meet. Once we were finally on the interview they kept checking on their watch which I fund rude. After panel interview they introduced me to the manager she asked me some questions pertaining to the role. then she presented me to the CFO. They told me I went through the whole process in that day and they would let me know.

Interview Questions

• Funny story they asked me about myself but never explained the position then asked me if I had any question. So i asked tell me about the position.   Answer Question

Middle School Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Fort Myers, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview started a little later than planned. Dress business casual or however you would in the classroom. Principal made me feel comfortable. Interview lasted less than an hour. Paperwork took a couple of weeks to process and get into the classroom.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA.

Interview

Each school uses a three step process when choosing candidates for an open position. Through each step, questions get more involved and require the candidate to give detailed examples pertaining to the question.

Information Technology Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

One interview, a written test that was about ten years out of date, the interviewer seemed mostly focused on whether I would accept the $35000.00 salary they were offering with no provision for overtime and no perquisites. After they made the offer I found out that I was expected to pay for my own background check too. Found out later they expect their technicians to put in 80 hour weeks with no overtime. I passed on this cheap, miserly firm. They keep running ads for the same positions over and over so they must be going through technicians like poop through a goose.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to work for $35,000.00 per year, no overtime and no perquisites (expense account, etc.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Concord, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the principal and assistant principal, and both administrators made me feel extremely comfortable. I brought a portfolio with me to help with answering interview questions (I highly recommend using Google as a resource for new teachers), and having that extra piece of "equipment" helped seal the deal. I was called about three hours after the interview and was asked to come in the following Monday to teach a mini lesson. Everything went well, and six days after the interview, the principal called and offered me the position. The entire process (from submitting the application to receiving the offer) took eighteen days.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to be a teacher?
      Q: How would you use technology in the classroom?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

very brief; they seemed to be desperate for teachers. I went in after seeing the job posted online, handed the secretary my resume and was immediately interviewed. The principal asked how long I had taught, what subjects, how had I enjoyed my teaching experience. Then, told me about the school and asked if I had any questions. I really didn't so the interview ended. She said she had another couple of interviews, but I knew they were advertising for several positions. I got called the next morning and offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

You apply on their website and then they will contact you for a Phone interview. If you pass that phase then they move onto an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choice to enter into teaching and why do you stay in teaching knowing we don't get paid much?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA in March 2016.

Interview

They didn't ask many questions. They only looked at your credentials, licenses, pass work history. Did not care about the individual person's abilities or passion for teaching. It took them weeks to respond back to me.

Interview Questions

• How long have I taught? What is favorite subject? How many subjects have you taught? Can you write lesson plans for differential learners? How many children do you have? What do age group of students you enjoy?   Answer Question