Charter Schools USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charter Schools USA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA.

Interview

Each school uses a three step process when choosing candidates for an open position. Through each step, questions get more involved and require the candidate to give detailed examples pertaining to the question.

Guidance Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Applied online and received call from Principal of school wanting to set up interview. Meet for interview and principal and assistant principal were present. Both principals had a hard copy of my resume and were asking questions directly from my previous experience. Next came scenario questions. Meaning, the principal provided a hypothetical experience and wanted my response to explain how I, as a instructor, would deal with the situation. Interview ended in conversational manner speaking about topic at hand.

Teacher's Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Very laid-back yet professional. I felt very welcomed which helps with my nerves which also helped with me being able to interview at my best. I really appreciate it the lack of stress that they put on me for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you help with the flow of the classroom?   1 Answer

Dean of Students Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Concord, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of a telephone interview once I had submitted the application. I also sent a timed writing assignment, before I attended an event at one of the schools. The process was unique, but I enjoyed the challenges of the process.

Interview Questions

• Name one strength that I would bring to the organization   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA.

Interview

Interview was done on phone. I was asked to explain how i would handle students in difficult situations and about my teaching experience.I was very confident on my answers during the questioning period. I was hired on the same day. And went for the one month training.

Interview Questions

• How much salary I am expecting   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Concord, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the principal and assistant principal, and both administrators made me feel extremely comfortable. I brought a portfolio with me to help with answering interview questions (I highly recommend using Google as a resource for new teachers), and having that extra piece of "equipment" helped seal the deal. I was called about three hours after the interview and was asked to come in the following Monday to teach a mini lesson. Everything went well, and six days after the interview, the principal called and offered me the position. The entire process (from submitting the application to receiving the offer) took eighteen days.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to be a teacher?
      Q: How would you use technology in the classroom?   Answer Question

School Operation Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

I applied online. I received a call two days later to schedule a phone interview. I do good with the phone interview and then I had a face to face interview with the Principal. The principal was awesome! It's just unfortunate I wasn't able to get the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle everything that will be thrown at you?   Answer Question

Middle School Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Fort Myers, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview started a little later than planned. Dress business casual or however you would in the classroom. Principal made me feel comfortable. Interview lasted less than an hour. Paperwork took a couple of weeks to process and get into the classroom.

Dean of Students Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Charlotte, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Great process that allowed multiple interviews in one visit. Met with the team of CSUSA and completed a short computer task and interviewed with three schools during my one visit. Very professional staff and hiring personnel.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle irate or upset parents.   1 Answer

Reading Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charter Schools USA (Pembroke Pines, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview seemed fairly easy. It would have been my first time teaching in the States because my previous teaching experience is in South Korea. I also just recently obtained my Florida teaching license.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about researching teaching methods for this position?   Answer Question