Check Point Software Technologies Entry Level Technical Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Irving, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was a day-long process. People were cut from contention at various points throughout the day. First, we were given a written technical test followed by a team activity. After lunch, we were required to complete a lab with an objective. Those of us who successfully completed these phases were given interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Check Point Software Technologies

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Irving, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I contacted them via a posting on craigslist as they were desperate to fill empty spots. They usually have a 2 day interview process for this position, but due to the urgency of this position needing to be filled, I did a one on one interview with the manager and a technician.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Jewish company

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Irving, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Total time between scheduling the interview and being hired was about 45 days. During the interview they split you into teams and have you work on team exercises and a technical test, and then they make some cuts after lunch.

After you come back for lunch, you have individual interviews for technical skills (basic security, networking, and they provide a study guide ahead of time) and for customer service skills. After those there is a hands-on with the product with no direction other than what the final results of each step should be. This is to see how well you do with a new product that you don't know anything about. Problem solving on your feet.

If you make it through the day without being cut, you're not guaranteed the position, but you have a really good chance.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where a customer was upset, and what did you do to help them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible. At that time, all ELTAs started at $18.46/hour.

Entry Level Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through a hiring agency. Company asked for 7 candidates out of 25 applicants for 2 open positions. Group-styled interview which consisted of team-building activities/games, group discussions, and open-ended question asking. Free lunch was provided, then individual interviews in the afternoon. Interviews were done by the lead managers, and were very thorough in their questioning - mostly stone-faced when asking questions.

Interview Questions

• If I were to call your most recent or current supervisor, what would they say the biggest problem with you would be?   Answer Question

Entry Level Technical Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview

The first part of the hiring process includes computer based quiz in which technical and networking skills are tested.
    Second part is a hands-on test where you are required to set up an Edge (small SOHO firewall), and you are being asked some questions - mostly to further check how good are you technical and learning skills.
    Third phase is a 1:1 interview with a team leader, or a group manager. You will be asked technical and general questions - and part of the interview will be held in English.
    Sometimes there is a fourth phase - which is usually a stress test - testing how you cope with pressure and time constraints. They use the T test. You need to instruct the tester how to put a puzzle together using only voice (like in a phone conversation) and you have 15 minutes to do it.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about a managerial "fire and forget" approach   1 Answer

Negotiation

No option to negotiate at all.