Checkpoint Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.8

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Checkpoint Systems (Newark, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic resume review, meeting different teams,tour of innovation department,also independent why you choose your major questions.People were pretty nice and straightforward.You just have to properly prepare for the interview and you will not find it too difficult

Interview Questions

• Talk about a few projects you worked on?
      Why did you choose your major?
      What does checkpoint do?
      Why checkpoint?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Checkpoint Systems (Hartford, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a pre- screeening call. It took about a half and hour and the person who contacted me had little knowledge of the person and had no authority to hire. The second interview was more in depth and on the phone as well It was with the hiring manager. The hiring manager had made up his mind in advance and was doing his due diligence

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Checkpoint Systems (Irving, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

An all day, in depth interaction with candidates. Morning involved a presentation, in which company details and services were explored. There were different departmant managers were all around watching us. After the initial presentation, the room was were divided to do team lego builds, my half lost. Towards noon, about half of us were sent home. In the afternoon we who were left taken to a technical interview, a empathetic interview, and a technical test (configure a VPN, with steps, other configs).

Interview Questions

• Technical Interview : What is DNS?
      Customer interaction interview: How would you deal with a customer wanting his system fixed now?   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Checkpoint Systems.

Interview

At the time I worked for them, it was a standard interviewing process. Was referred via a friend, had a phone interview. Met with 2 layers of management, a background check and was offered the position.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Checkpoint Systems.

Interview

The interview was pretty terrible. I met the Area Manager in a dirty diner in the backwoods of South Carolina for an interview over coffee. I thought it was terribly unprofessional. Aside from that, it was a pretty standard interview. Nothing unusual or exciting to report. I do remember that he didn't pick up the tab for the coffee.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Checkpoint Systems in February 2013.

Interview

Phone with hiring human resources, then hiring Mgr. then HR again and in person at the airport.
    The most difficult part was all the paperwork they needed.
    If you get the in person interview, it is almost certain they have only two others on the list.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thorofare, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Checkpoint Systems (Thorofare, NJ) in December 2009.

Interview

The retained recruiter talked to me for about half an hour and recommended me to meet the leadership at the HQ in NJ. I flew into PHL and got to my interview site approx 40 minutes early, I was asked to fill out its application, background release and other forms (a good sign you'd think) but eventually started my meeting a half hour late. I then met the VP of HR who explained to me the values that CHK represents and where it is going. This was all very good to hear and it was a commendable job. Many behavioral questions were asked which were pretty routine...this meeting was about an hour. Happy exchanges (really good chemistry) upon the hand-off to the VP of Procurement whom I might report to......Questions were straight forward but this person seemed hard to read and not as personable as one would wish for...anyway upon my turn to ask questions I asked about how the Sourcing team might evolve and in the future how might the person holding this position grow within the company ------ sensible question? Well the answer was that this person could report directly to the CEO and that he (the VP of Procurement) would just go away and do something else. all righty then ----- no further questions ---- Interview over. I got feedback from the recruiter that the chemistry was just not right...pretty accurate.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Checkpoint Systems (Redwood City, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

The gentleman who interviewed me was very polite. But somebody was making faces at him outside the window, cracking him up. I have no idea what that was about. He apologized for it though. Wanted to know how I spend my time on weekends, do I go to clubs?

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Checkpoint Systems (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview took place in Tel Aviv in Checkpoint offices.
    The interviewer, team leader of the developers team, presented himself and described the product (Firewall, and its components) which his team develops. Another team leader was in the room, but he didn't participate and just observed.
    The interviewer mentioned that the low salary in CheckPoint relative to other companies.

I had my time for questions, then we head for technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Implement C functions : Itoa and Atoi.   1 Answer
    • Using C functions malloc and free, implement myMalloc & myFree. myMalloc returns address align to 64 (i.e: *ptr = myMalloc(somesize) , ptr will hold a value out of: 0, 63, 127 etc.).

MyFree receives align address and should use free to deallocate this memory.   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Interview

HR interview, 4 hours of written technical that must be typed, orientation session at company site, personality test, LEGO testing for evaluating your teamwork ability, comprehensive exam to figure out your problem resolving ability, and finally, technical interview with managers.